Progress Pics - Now with a before pic

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look at what Sidney did during Vegan Vacation 07

120 lb dumbbell rows damn

6 reps Yeah Buddy. I love this guy lol

good lord. it always freaks me out a little to see people lifting nearly my entire body weight, haha...

good lord. it always freaks me out a little to see people lifting nearly my entire body weight, haha...

hehe I bet he could now. That was two years ago.

He could probably lift me with both hands at a time. lol

Thanks Apple

I try my best, I've always been pretty big, so genetics definitely give me a helping hand. My back is a little bit stronger than when this was shot in 2007, even though, I am trying to slim down at the moment.

At the moment I am trying to reduce bodyfat, but still keep my muscle, so it is actually a little higher than I would normally eat for weight loss.

Even during a Heavy Bulking phase, I rarely go above 3000 Calories a day.

I am one of those people who needs to watch what they eat, every day of their life.

I don't have a skinny person inside me struggling to get out, I have a big, fat fatty inside me screaming to get out.

I can eat a lot when I want to, I just can't.

Me too. Basal calculators tell me I should be eating around 2800 calories a day. I can gain weight on 2,000 calories a day if I don't work out. However, in the summer when I hike a lot, I can consume over 4,000 calories a day and maintain my weigh. But that is hiking 16-20 miles in a day.

I used to weigh 240. Now I am down to 165. Eating mostly raw really helped me this last year. I was 195 last January.

At the moment I am trying to reduce bodyfat, but still keep my muscle, so it is actually a little higher than I would normally eat for weight loss.

Even during a Heavy Bulking phase, I rarely go above 3000 Calories a day.

I am one of those people who needs to watch what they eat, every day of their life.

I don't have a skinny person inside me struggling to get out, I have a big, fat fatty inside me screaming to get out.

I can eat a lot when I want to, I just can't.

Me too. Basal calculators tell me I should be eating around 2800 calories a day. I can gain weight on 2,000 calories a day if I don't work out. However, in the summer when I hike a lot, I can consume over 4,000 calories a day and maintain my weigh. But that is hiking 16-20 miles in a day.

I used to weigh 240. Now I am down to 165. Eating mostly raw really helped me this last year. I was 195 last January.

Nothing against anyone on this site, but there are quite a few Hard Gainers here, would don't quite understand what it is like to put on weight, eating a minimal amount of food.

So Yeah, thanks for the comments, glad to see I'm not the only one.

I've tried raw for a few months, but I just lost too much muscle mass, which when you play Rugby isn't good.

Getting tested for a Insulin Intolerance in the next few weeks, so I'll be interested to see the results... A Doctor suggested it when he saw how well I eat and how much exercise I do.

Yes, it is very hard for those who lose weight easily to understand those of us who don't. This is one reason I would like to become a personal trainer. It is easier to take advice from someone who has been there, than the guy who was born ripped.

I track my calories on Fitday.com, and the math never makes sense. I went for an entire month with an average deficiency of 1,000 calories a day according to them. I should have lost around 8 pounds. I lost 2. This actually gave me a good idea of where my metabolism lies. It tells me instead of the average 3,300 calories a day I should be burning, I am actually burning around 2,650 this time of year. However, if I tried to do 1,650 calories a day, I don't think I could get my workout in.

I have noticed my stomach getting a little flatter lately. So maybe I am over the last hump. I still have two more week in the first round of my P120X (This is P90X for those who take a break over the holidays, travel, and lose motivation easily.)

After April is over I will have a lot more free time and I plan to workout 2 to 3 hours a day.

• 3 weeks later...

I have noticed my stomach getting a little flatter lately. So maybe I am over the last hump. I still have two more week in the first round of my P120X (This is P90X for those who take a break over the holidays, travel, and lose motivation easily.)

haha I'm doing the same version of P90X as you! A little vacation here and there...a little "oh yeah!..." in the middle of the week where I remember that I set aside time to work out and am currently stuck in the "about to start working out" mode.

• 3 months later...
Looking awesome man! Looking really strong!

Thanks RC, Looking to cut my bodyfat some more, people are starting to notice which is nice.

Happy that I'm managing to keep my strength and size, happy to be the turtle and win the race in the end.

You still a big as DOOOD! I wouldnt worry bout it too much.

Thanks for that,

I have this real fear I will lose muscle and end up with skinny stick arms. I dunno, I guess I'm use to people commenting on how big I am etc and I've gotten use to it. Before I got big, I rarely got nice comments about my physical appearance.

I will have to dig up a pic from when I was 74kgs and looked like a bean pole.

In the meantime here is a picture of me from Vegan Vacation 2007,

I'm the one in the Dark Blue Shorts, Dark Green T-shirt and Hat

What a Fatty!

http://i25.tinypic.com/2qmeseo.jpg

Haven't taken any flexing type shots in a while, but here is a photo from on the weekend. Guess it shows I'm not shrinking too much with my current diet.

http://i29.tinypic.com/9zunbc.jpg

You're still hot <3

Not sure about the Ranga stubble, I think I should stop being lazy and shave!

Why on earth would you bother with shaving? The stubble makes the man, you know - I make it a point not to touch a razor without at least 4 weeks in between rounds to ensure a fine growth

And, I can fully relate to the not wanting to lose weight too quickly for fear of losing those hard-earned gains. Once you go big, you never want to go back!

Looking great, by the way!

Why on earth would you bother with shaving? The stubble makes the man, you know - I make it a point not to touch a razor without at least 4 weeks in between rounds to ensure a fine growth

Ditto! Beards are cool, period. Researchers agree, if you don't like beards - there's a 97,6% probability that you suck

Not sure about the Ranga stubble, I think I should stop being lazy and shave!

And, I can fully relate to the not wanting to lose weight too quickly for fear of losing those hard-earned gains. Once you go big, you never want to go back!

Looking great, by the way!

Thanks VE,

I think the stubble makes me look older, and I'm quite happy for people to think I am younger than I really am, lol. Clean shaven they usually take 3-4 years off my age...

I think if I stick with what I am doing I will achieve want I want to achieve. As long as I don't do any crazy diets and keep lifting heavy I'll slowly keep chipping away at the fat, yet keep my muscle and get stronger...

I'm hoping to join a power lifting club when the Rugby season ends, hanging around Hannibal, has had an effect

Ditto! Beards are cool, period. Researchers agree, if you don't like beards - there's a 97,6% probability that you suck

I like beards, just not sure I like them on me...

Looking great!

Embrace the beard! Having a beard makes you at least 20% stronger

Thanks Sam, I like the idea of being 20% stronger