Robert's Blog: "Everything is Awesome"

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A view from my window yesterday as we got even more snow!

http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v1857/219/57/1056650054/n1056650054_235886_9215.jpg

But it has been melting. I almost fell down a bunch of times while walking down the street

Christmas day...spending it with forum members and family

I'll be away for a few days. Have a lovely week everyone!

I love seeing all the new members and I also love seen some old members coming back after months of being away. For me, it's like family, I've met nearly 100 members in person over the years....if not more than that.

Be well.

RC

I'm back in town and wrote this late last night.

Please feel free to pass it along. 2008 was a productive year.

This is just a little press release I wrote last night.

Feel free to pass it along:

For Immediate Release – January 10, 2009

Vegan Bodybuilder Robert Cheeke makes one of year’s top stories in Portland, OR Newspaper Cover Story.

Vegan Bodybuilder Robert Cheeke, Founder of Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness – www.veganbodybuilding.com (2002) has been voted “Best of 2008” along with Barack Obama and others featured on the cover of Portland, Oregon’s Willamette Week, the state’s most popular alternative newspaper in their issue featuring the top stories of year voted by the readers. The story can be found on www.wweek.com under the December 31, 2008 cover story; Boobs, Briefs and Barack. 2008’s 15 Most-read Stories on www.wweek.com.

Robert was featured on the cover of the July 16, 2008 issue of the Willamette Week with the Cover Story, a 2500-word, multiple page, multiple photo feature story that was a very positive and uplifting piece about his Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness lifestyle.

The newspaper was on approximately one thousand newsstands in the greater Portland area for an entire week in July and prompted a call from the New York Times, who caught word of the story. The Portland-based vegan bodybuilder returned home from a 5-month cross-country motivational speaking tour that took him from California to Hawaii to Florida and many places in between in major cities across America, to find himself once again on the cover of the Willamette Week on New Year’s Eve.

The second Willamette Week cover story in six months was a fitting closure to a year that saw Robert selected as one of the 15 most influential vegan athletes in America by VegNews Magazine, and saw him become one of the most popular names in the entire vegan industry, featured in dozens of media publications in 2008.

To learn more about Robert’s Cover story from the July issue of the Willamette Week, visit http://wweek.com/editorial/3436/11241/. To read the top stories of the year chosen by the readers of the Willamette Week visit www.wweek.com and search the December 31, 2008 Cover Story.

For more information about Robert Cheeke visit www.veganbodybuilding.com and www.robertcheeke.com.

• 3 weeks later...

I've had a great time out in the sun in Hawaii and now I'll go http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c210/VeganBodybuilder/Bodybuilding%20Photos/muscle4-1.jpg to Portland for more snow!

Yeah Buddy!

I'll miss my buddies out here.

Sometime within the next couple of years I will call somewhere other than Oregon home for a good chunk of the year. I've tried to make that L.A. for the past 3 years but could never really afford to make it happen......I will soon though, but I may go somewhere in the Caribbean rather than L.A. or somewhere completely different. This winter I spent 2 1/2 weeks in Florida and 2 1/2 weeks in Hawaii (over two trips), so I got away somewhere sunny for a month....I did have a few days in L.A. too, so that was cool.

I'm not sure where I'll go, but I love being able to go somewhere warm.....eventually (when I grow up) I will live somewhere sunny nearly all the time...just visiting Oregon, but living somewhere like CA, FL, AZ or outside of the US (which would be great)

Anyway....looking forward to being home to organize things (been on the go for 6 of the past 7 months) and working. I love work. YB.

• 2 weeks later...

We officially committed to the Bodybuilding Competition in Phoenix, AX on April 25th

http://www.donrobinsonproductions.com/inbf.html

Should be awesome!

We've had some great support lately in our efforts to make this happen. Thanks so much to all of you who have sent some funds via paypal, or mailed us some products to keep us well fed, etc.

It has all been very much appreciated!

Bring on the desert! I look forward to my return to the Grand Canyon State!

Thanks Hayley,

Today is exactly 9 weeks away!

Everything is still awesome. Just working hard and having fun.

Hanging out in the kitchen after a workout:

I'm heading out of town this weekend so I better get going.............thanks to all of you who are welcoming new members, supporting VegNews Magazine, supporting our upcoming competition and thanks just for being on the forum....we appreciate it.

RC

Nice!

I know I still have the long locks...but they can look good sometimes:

http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/44/l_23907ce05aea44418504e3902efa04af.jpg

I like Lean and Green's new look too.....and I've told him, if he places ahead of me on stage in April (a show you should be at), he can shave my head and cut all my hair off!

He tells me to enjoy it for the next 9 weeks while I still have it....and I tell him to learn how to braid because it will be around for a while

I'm looking forward to a great month of business in March!

VEGA is on SALE 20% OFF at Food Fight, www.foodfightgrocery.com and they just announced it. They are already getting lots of orders and that is awesome and of course I benefit from that since I work with them. They just made a huge order which is totally cool and it will contribute greatly to my commission I'll get in April from the month of March.

I'm also looking to move lots more VB&F clothing and we should get back on track with Veg Festivals coming up. We sell way more clothing to non-forum members than forum members, which is why I ordered so much a few months ago....I just had very poor timing, as I look back on it. I ordered more than $10,000 worth of stuff before the holidays but didn't have the foresight to know that there weren't any festivals for me to attend in Dec, Jan, or Feb so all this clothing has been just sitting here. We sold thousands of dollars in clothing while I was touring from festival to festival over the summer and fall and I got carried away.

So I'm super excited to get back out to festivals, starting in 3 weeks in Seattle! I will move lots of clothing again and climb out of debt

We're moving a lot of shirts with the Sun Warrior promo and the VegNews promo too, which is cool and exciting.

Anyway, off to bed shortly.....everything is still awesome. I'm super pumped about Vegan Vacation in L.A. with AR Conference..the more I think about it, the more awesome I know it will be.

Nice!

I know I still have the long locks...but they can look good sometimes:

http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/44/l_23907ce05aea44418504e3902efa04af.jpg

I like Lean and Green's new look too.....and I've told him, if he places ahead of me on stage in April (a show you should be at), he can shave my head and cut all my hair off!

He tells me to enjoy it for the next 9 weeks while I still have it....and I tell him to learn how to braid because it will be around for a while

I love this shot.

You have awesome hair. Thick, long and naturally blond. You make me sick

I am in Sunset Beach, CA and I'm loving it! I love being in So Cal! I'll be here until the 14th.

I will spend most of my time in Venice beginning on Monday.

I'm out here with a bunch of friends doing a major event for Vega and it rocks!