Any good quaility FID bench reccomendations?

I am going to get a new FID dumbbell bench. And some universal dumbbells and start doing more dumbbell exercises and not doing barbell ones much.

Needs:

(1) Good quality (held together well)

(2) able to come close to 90% incline for shoulder presses etc.

(3) low decline

(4) good quality leg extension for smooth leg curls.

I do want it to be just a bench, as I want to do many dumbbell exercises without surroundings. I might get a barbell rack to do barbell exercises, with it, later.

Any recommendations?

A fitness store near me has a nice Hoist-brand dumbbell bench but the bench is $300 and the leg extension is $150, for $450 total. I see other benches, like Powertech, on the web, with comparable models for $250 range and no shipping costs. But I know of no stores that sell them so I can see the quality.

Is the Hoist bench and leg extension worth $450 or are there comparable models for less? Which?

firstly i wouldnt bother with the leg curls. i have never come across a bench with a decent leg curl attachment, and the value of leg curls is questionable anyways. better off doing straight leg deadlifts or lunges for your hams.

i have a body solid dumbell bench and its excellent. it goes to nearly 90 degrees, it does decline, its solid, has a huge capacity, and is relatively cheap. i paid £200 for it but i think in the US it would be cheaper. i also have a squat cage which neatly fits around it so that i can do all manner of barbell work. it is also bodysolid, but watch other brands as the BS bench might be too wide to fit in the cage.

jonathan

This is the mother you want:

http://www.powerhouse-fitness.co.uk/store/product.asp?dept%5Fid=10&pf%5Fid=BCF320WH

I did a fare bit of research into benches, and this one is by far the best. It can take 1000 pounds and is ajustable to many levels; It costs nothing as well.

I'm using the Bodycraft F320 Flat-Incline-Decline Bench in my spanking new cage, its awesome.

You can also buy *sigh* a leg attachment for it.

Thanks. I'll try more standing leg exercises as you suggested. Can that model be bought in the US?

Anyone know about the Ironman benches. They cost only about $125 and seem pretty good. It handles 500 pounds (I weight 150 and would work with maybe 160 maximum now, so that it is a lot of room for weight gain and more weights.)

Here is a link to one I might get:

http://www.bayoufitness.com/Detail.bok?no=54

Thanks. I'll try more standing leg exercises as you suggested. Can that model be bought in the US?

Anyone know about the Ironman benches. They cost only about $125 and seem pretty good. It handles 500 pounds (I weight 150 and would work with maybe 160 maximum now, so that it is a lot of room for weight gain and more weights.)

Here is a link to one I might get:

http://www.bayoufitness.com/Detail.bok?no=54

hehe! dont be so sure that you wont need 500lb! i had a crappy bench a little while back that would take 440lb. i thought great - i weigh 180lb and im benching 150lbs, no probs. then after about 6months i weighed about 215 and was benching 225. had to get rid of it then. now im 240lbs, benching nearly 300lbs (not at all much in the scheme of things) so even 500lb wouldnt be enough.

tom - that looks like a decent bench that you have - my only reservation is that in the 90degree position it doesnt look very stable - like it could fall back. have you had any such problems?

jonathan

tom - that looks like a decent bench that you have - my only reservation is that in the 90degree position it doesnt look very stable - like it could fall back. have you had any such problems?

jonathan

Na mate, it awesom. I have tried at all angles, its totaly stable.

There just enough width to get easy shoulder blade motion and the padding makes a hell of a difference.