Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:52 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 318 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 22  Next
 Post subject: Re: i'm gonna be buff!
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:47 pm 
Elephant

I am hanging with Giacomo today. I love my "boyfriend maintenance" days. :twisted:[/quote]

See what you did BVP!!!! She was looking over my head when I was reading your email Dramaaaaaaaaa :roll:

You looked hot btw Dani yest. If another flock of men go all at once to the water fountain everytime you do the second you do, i'll flip.

Oh and also those two kisses UNACCETABLE....
NO
KISISNG
IN
BODYBUILDING

how many times do i have to tell you! :P

Joelk wrote:
But as long as people stay away from our cooler bags with our meals and not ask silly questions, we're all pretty tame

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:34 pm 
Manatee

thendanisays wrote:
My left bicep is significantly weaker than my right.....and my biceps just suck overall in my opinion, any suggestions???

I bring a large weight in my bag and use it several times a day on my weaker arm if I'm out. I leave it next to my desk and do as many reps here and there throughout the day. I do some to my other arm too. Then I consciously use the weaker arm for as much as possible, scrubbing, groceries, etc.,

I read recently that really, really high weight (and 15 is my tolerance for curls now) and very, very slow, squeezing, and then low reps works wonders and it appears to be doing the trick.

Yeah for you! I bet you look supreme!

Yah, my protein is high, calories too low. But I'm either getting stronger or lighter, because I'm able to do real push ups now, they were wimpy before. Now I'm working on one armed, first by staying in a plank on one arm to build up to it.

Also, flexing all day. Bicep flexing on both arms, holding, that appears to help. I also do tricep stuff in the chair in addition to the other stuff. Only home stuff, zip time or money right now for the gym.

So happy for you both. Yes, watering the plant is my term for "boyfriend maintenance" gotta water...

So sick today, going to take a day off to rest tomorrow.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:00 am 
Gorilla

thanks dropsoul! I think when i train biceps, i'm just gonna add an extra set for each excedrise just for my left arm. its funny, left tricep, left side of chest and back are all just fine....just the bicep. its even weirder because i do most of my lifting at work with my left hand....? oh and CONGRATS ON THE PUSHUPS! I was just telling LnG today how ive really let my pushup goals slide over the past year. oh well.

we hammered chest today. I also did tris.
workout looked like this:

Flat BB Wide Grip 3x10 @55, 65, 65
Flat BB Close Grip 3x8@ 55, 55, 45 (did 15 reps here)
Superset KickBacks [3x10@10lbs] with DB Incline press [3x10@20lbs]
Superset Vbar Pulldowns <no rope there today.....?> [3x10@60lbs] with Vbar OH Xtn [3x10@30lbs]
Superset PeckDeck [1x15@30, 2x10@50, 3xdropset.starting@70] with dip machine [3x10@105lb]
CableCrossover 3x10@20
Supeset Cable Crossover high2low [3x10@15-20lbs] with Cable Crossover Low2high [1x10@20, 2x8@15, 3x8@15]

Then 1 hour on the bike.

Didnt eat nearly enough all day and am currently eating homemade plantain bread with oat flour, 2 plantains, some spices, soymilk, and about 1/2 c brown sugar, and walnuts......ok so its not exactly diet friendly food......but if i keep restricting this much, my body is gonna slow down weight loss right??? hahaha. thats what im telling myself. its a refuel. :-)

and my calories for the day will still be less than 2200 . saweet! theyve been around 1000-1100 for almost a month! kill me please!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:30 am 
Site Admin

I missed you today.

Hope to see you soon!

Thanks SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH for helping me get my keys out of my car.....so much on my mind I locked myself out :(

Thanks again.....see you soon!

Buddy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:48 am 
Gorilla

hey robert! absolutely no problem whatsoever. thats what friends are for. :) I wish I could have come with you all to Corvallis yesterday. next time next time.

I was so exhausted yesterday but i managed to get myself to the gym at about 8:45 at night to do shoulders and abs. Also my chest and tris are WICKED SORE, so that kind of hampered me a bit. I think i'm gonna have to put chest and shoulder day further apart.

Reverse Incline Bench Rear Delts 3x8@7.5 (my weakest weakest muscle)
DB Military Press 1x10@22.5, 2x8@25, 3x6@27.5, 4x2@30
Superset Side Delt Raise (3x10@10) with Front Delt Raise (3x10@10)
An excercise that is an upright Row straight into a military press with a 20lb BB 3x15 (this sounds so wimpy, but by rep 10 I am dying.

I did this ab circuit twice:

Decline Crunch x20
Leg Raises x20
Plank x60 seconds
CrossJab on Ball x15/side
Weighted Crunch x30@10lbs
Double Crunch x15 (very very slowly)

Then I should have done an hour of cardio but i just didnt have it in me. so i did 30 minutes.

I came home and ate a BIG meal.....not good. I feel like i'm losing my steam already! NOOOOOOOOOO. too soon too soon. someone-quick-motivate me! Hopefully it will come back today.

I wanted SO BADLY to have breakfast at this awesome vegan place BUT willpower got me to eat my gross protein shake and my wrap with peanut butter on it, like i eat everymorning. I need my will back to not eat. Its really hard to lift heavy, do a lot of cardio and not refuel. blech. its draining. i can see my dedication paying off clearly, but i could go for a touch more willpower/motivation. ya dig?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:14 pm 
Stegosaurus

I wished you came to Corvallis too !

I would of loved to train with you again.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:53 am 
Site Admin

Great hanging out this weekend! Awesome times. Except when someone sh*t on the carpet in the hallway :)

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:26 am 
Mastodon

robert wrote:
Great hanging out this weekend! Awesome times. Except when someone sh*t on the carpet in the hallway :)

was it joseph?

335 Squat

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:04 pm 
Gorilla

Zack wrote:
robert wrote:

was it joseph?

close....giacomo.....long story. hes so gross.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:33 pm 
Gorilla

thendanisays wrote:
Zack wrote:
robert wrote:

was it joseph?

close....giacomo.....long story. hes so gross.

Giacomo isn't house trained yet?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:55 pm 
Elephant

thendanisays wrote:
hey robert! absolutely no problem whatsoever. thats what friends are for. :) I wish I could have come with you all to Corvallis yesterday. next time next time.

I was so exhausted yesterday but i managed to get myself to the gym at about 8:45 at night to do shoulders and abs. Also my chest and tris are WICKED SORE, so that kind of hampered me a bit. I think i'm gonna have to put chest and shoulder day further apart.

Reverse Incline Bench Rear Delts 3x8@7.5 (my weakest weakest muscle)
DB Military Press 1x10@22.5, 2x8@25, 3x6@27.5, 4x2@30
Superset Side Delt Raise (3x10@10) with Front Delt Raise (3x10@10)
An excercise that is an upright Row straight into a military press with a 20lb BB 3x15 (this sounds so wimpy, but by rep 10 I am dying.

I did this ab circuit twice:

Decline Crunch x20
Leg Raises x20
Plank x60 seconds
CrossJab on Ball x15/side
Weighted Crunch x30@10lbs
Double Crunch x15 (very very slowly)

Then I should have done an hour of cardio but i just didnt have it in me. so i did 30 minutes.

I came home and ate a BIG meal.....not good. I feel like i'm losing my steam already! NOOOOOOOOOO. too soon too soon. someone-quick-motivate me! Hopefully it will come back today.

I wanted SO BADLY to have breakfast at this awesome vegan place BUT willpower got me to eat my gross protein shake and my wrap with peanut butter on it, like i eat everymorning. I need my will back to not eat. Its really hard to lift heavy, do a lot of cardio and not refuel. blech. its draining. i can see my dedication paying off clearly, but i could go for a touch more willpower/motivation. ya dig?

Well, you came home and at a big meal, but then you exercised willpower in the morning. Although, it would have been GREAT to see this reversed (because the extra calories at night are prone to stay on us at nightime), you did wake up the next day, and not give in... which means your fighting spirit is still in you.

A figure competitor recently said this to me. We ALL want to come home, lay on the couch in front of the tv and eat a big meal. This is what the body NATURALLY wants to do. That is where the struggle and the hard part comes in. To not succumb to those temptations.

Having said that, maybe when you are feeling those days when you are really really dreading the meal you've laid out for yourself... that's when you get creative with it and have something you do actually enjoy or has more sustenance. Let's say your plan was to come home after your workout and have a protein shake and veggies, but you were really fighting against that and felt that you might REALLY cheat if you had that. Maybe that's the day you scratch the protein shake and have a couple veggie burgers with grilled onions, ketchup and a big side of your favorite vegetable. On the days where you're really really craving sugar... maybe that's when you have a builder bar and coffee with vegan creamer instead of a shake. Work WITH your cravings while still staying on track. It's more of a mental trick than anything else... But it's still gotta be somewhat on track. Not like a couple weeks ago when you told yourself the coffee cake (or danish of some kind... whatever it was) was because you needed a refuel. You KNOW the difference. LOL

k... I gotta go now cuz I'm not even supposed to be on the board. I hired a time management coach who said no forums until after the show, so I'm cheating by posting this on your journal, but I wanted to give you a pep talk. So there... I've now given you some guilt to motivate you. I'm supposed to be doing my schedule for the show and my business, but I thought you needed this pep talk instead, so now if you cheat, you have some guilt on top of it as well.. hows that :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hang in there. If it were easy, we'd all have drop dead gorgeous bodies. It IS hard... and it isn't fun alot of the times, but keep you eye on the prize. Don't give in to short term satisfaction to give up what you know will make you feel better about yourself and get you to bigger goals in the long run! :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:47 am 
Gorilla

Wow I totally need the motivation kick too. Thanks :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83cdJbztw3g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lEUynhgMg8

The reason is not, Can they reason? nor, Can they talk?, but Can they suffer? - Jeremy Bentham 1748 - 1832

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:22 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks again for all your work this weekend!

Yeah........Buddy!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:18 pm 
Gorilla

i'm coming down with a cold. damn you LeanandGreen!

thanks for the words of motivation melissa. sometimes i need it. but overall everythings been well. weight loss has stopped for now and i dont know why....its way too soon to plateau. so im a little baffled. unless i am gaining muscle? but ive been restricting so that seems unlikely. oh well, who am i to try and figure that crap out? I'm definately holding a lot of water right now. good ole period.

workouts have been really consistant. a few pbs this week---

deadlift 135 for 5 reps or so. could have done more. i wasnt going for a pb, just goofing around and realized i should be challenging myself more on these. oops.

DB curl i'm at 25s now. sweet. only about 5 reps/arm but i'm pretty stoked about it.

Awesome ab workout (half with LnG until I accidentally hit him in the balls with a medicine ball :evil: he was ok. double oops)

Been having killer chest/tri workouts lately, but i gotta step up legs (no pun intended) and I'm incorporating 2 days of HIIT training /week. only about 20 minutes-damn that shit is HARD!

been drinkning a ton of water. cut out coffee completely (...again....) and have just been drinking copious amounts of yerba mate to make up for it. haha.

life is good.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:33 pm 
Rabbit

You're doing great. I don't post a lot, but I do keep up. Will you be coming to Phoenix next month too?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 318 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 22  Next