Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: fitness/ food/life blog
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:26 am 
Manatee

So apparently my stomach is still upset....I upchucked last night with such a force that hundreds of capillaries burst in my face.....the doctor said they would go away...but he said...don't lift weights :cry: Would someone just take me out back and shoot me...please put me out of my misery. I like cardio but the feel of the burn after a wonderful weightlifting session is like heaven to me.So I guess I will be doing lots of cardio and I guess pilates or yoga or something.

I did spin and elliptical I was going to to abs...but I was not sure if it would increase my thoracic pressure...which the doctor said is a no no. What increases that pressure it is only lifting weights above your heart....or will push ups and squats hurt it. I forgot to ask...he said spinning treadmill and swimming were ok.He said a week or 2...2 weeks with no weights I am going to be a weakling.

what I ate
breakfast granola bar and 1/2 banana 1 cup soymilk
snack: vegan waffle 1 tblsp peanut butter 1 cup soymilk
lunch: vegan wrap with "turkey" slices and vegan cheese(i did nit really like the fake turkey:(
diner: 2 slices whole weat bread with cucumbers hummus tomatoes and red peppers a couple pita chips
at band practice I ate 4 strawberries and a handful of pretzel pita mix.

Last edited by Emmybear on Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: fitness/ Food/why me !
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:56 pm 
Elephant

Sorry to here about no weight lifting for the next couple of weeks. Two years ago I had some plastic surgery done, nothing major, but I couldn't do anything at all for 6 whole weeks. I don't know how I got through it. All I was allowed to do was walk. But when you get back to the weight room it feels so great! At least you can do cardio, I wasn't even allowed to do that except for walking. Anyway two weeks isn't that bad. I know it feels like an eternity though when you're used to working out a lot. :(

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:12 pm 
Elephant

I'm a firm believer that muscles have memory. There's been times where I've taken 2 weeks off from the gym, and when I get back, I'm sore at first, but it only takes a couple sessions for me to get back to my old self. You'll be back in action soon! Just concentrate on getting better now ^^

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:37 am 
Manatee

I did about 45 minutes of kickboxing yesterday which was great...they started on abs and I left..no blood rushing to my head...I ran on the elliptical doing interval training for a half hour. I have been trying to eat really good because I am not exercising as much....I weighed myself I lost 2lbs since sunday...but that was probably water weight from being sick.

I ate
Breakfast: 1 vans vegan waffle 1.5 tbsp peanut butter 1 glass soymilk 1 small banana
snack:1 granola bar
Lunch :vegan wrap w/ deli "turkey" and vegan cheese
carrot sticks and hummus
1 nectarine
snack:luna bar
Dinner : kaishi frozen black bean meal

Post subject: Re: fitness food diary
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:46 pm 
Manatee

Well I certainly have been lazy in updating my log. I was a little depressed last week because I was sick and I looked like I had some kind of awful disease. and I was afraid to work out hard at all... However the red marks on my face faded and I hit the gym pretty hard this week.

Monday I did spin and abs
Tuesday spin and circuit training
Wednesday kick boxing and abs
Thursday spin and 20/20/20

so far so good!

By the way if anyone finds themselves violently ill try to breathe through your nose while puking..to avoid the aforementioned unpleasantness.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:00 am 
Manatee

Well...keeping an online food and exercise journal is much more difficult than I thought.....

this week.

Monday:Spin/ABS
Tuesday:Spin Circuit training

I don't remember what I ate I will post that today

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:07 pm 
Manatee

OY Vey!! it has been a long time since I updated this!!!

I started taking a class called boot camp and am training for a half marathon. In boot camp we run two miles and then do a bunch of other polymetric and running exercises for an hour...It is so hard. I am starting out with two miles and going up from there. I am trying to eat as healthy as I can during my training. Eating a few more carbs than usual. Has anyone ever done carb loading before endurance training does it work?

Um on a nonfitness note I have been working alot I am a singer and am in two bands now plus I teach voice lessons and work at publix and go to school full time....hence my absence of late...yipes I have alot on my plate.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:55 pm 
Manatee

I am still busy and still working out a lot! I found a friend to go to the gym with me and that is a lot of fun. I did and 202020 on Friday I did not work out this weekend because I was so sore I went to a convention for my sorority on saturday and thank goodness they had vegan food.

Monday I am running and doing abs. Tuesday is beginning Salsa, kickboxing and 20/20/20.

(202020 is cardio/ weights/ abs)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:13 pm 
Elephant

I've read all your journal. My last visit before that was like 6 months ago ! I see you're still eating some good food and training as well. Don't feel bad for eating more than 1/2 mango, fruits and carrots are the best choice for keeping a lean body or staying healthy and you should have as much as you can ! :)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:09 pm 
Elephant

Just popping in to say hi! :D It was nice meeting up with you last month when Robert was here. Seems that's the only way the veganbodybuilding.com group in Orlando ever get together. Maybe this year we can aim to do better.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:56 am 
Rabbit

hsorlando wrote:
Seems that's the only way the veganbodybuilding.com group in Orlando ever get together. Maybe this year we can aim to do better.

Not to hijack this thread momentarily, however, I'm always game for a VBB Orlando meet-up.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:46 am 
Elephant

bump bump! Glad to see you're busy; see you around!

Joelk wrote:
But as long as people stay away from our cooler bags with our meals and not ask silly questions, we're all pretty tame

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:41 pm 
Elephant

Yeah, we have someone else now from Orlando! :D