Johan's getting in shape

Create and maintain your own personal online journal. Log your meals and/or workouts, and monitor your progress. Hold yourself accountable and receive support, suggestions, and be open to feedback.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

xjohanx
Elephant

Re: Johan's getting in shape

#181 Postby xjohanx » Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:45 pm

Damn dude, 38 dips is a lot. Are they all below parallel? I really want some dude to stand next to me every time I do dips and control my form etc, I did 34 once with a guy who acctually has competed in athletic fitness (dips, pull-ups etc) and he said I passed all of them. So in my head 34 is acctually my record :D
cubby2112 wrote:When someone says you don't train "functionally," you should just punch them in the face. Ask them how "functional" of a movement that was.

xjohanx
Elephant

#182 Postby xjohanx » Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:09 pm

I kicked the shit out of my shoulders. Did low rep shoulder presses, then bent over lateral raises superseted with front raises. I did some side lateral raises, pretty many reps. Then I did a lying cable excersise for the read delts superseted with reversed pec dec and some rotator cuff work. My neck is killing me now but it's all good. Tomorrow is leg day :D
cubby2112 wrote:When someone says you don't train "functionally," you should just punch them in the face. Ask them how "functional" of a movement that was.

xjohanx
Elephant

#183 Postby xjohanx » Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:16 am

Just got a shitload of soy protein. Nice!

MaryStella
Stegosaurus

#184 Postby MaryStella » Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:31 am

just checking out your training log. Have fun training Legs today! :D

VeganDude
Manatee

#185 Postby VeganDude » Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:13 pm

I always do dips using 2 chairs, placing one on the left and one on the right and grabbing the arms so I have a neutral grip. I also have to balance them so they don't collapse by pushing outward a little.
I always tuck in my lower legs so my knees are lowest and go down till I touch the grass with my knees. That way I know my reps are pretty consistant.
Just went and checked outside and it's actually a tad below parrallel, but I'd call it parallel.
:lol:

xjohanx
Elephant

#186 Postby xjohanx » Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:34 pm

MaryStella wrote:just checking out your training log. Have fun training Legs today! :D

Thanks! The training went okay, my legs were really stiff so I'm gonna do some stretching from now on.

VeganDude. That's awesome. There is a possibility I will work on Öland (island on the east of Sweden) this summer and there's no gym so I will probably do the same if that's the case :)

xjohanx
Elephant

#187 Postby xjohanx » Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:49 pm

I trained chest and triceps today. It went really nice. I did weighted dips, incline dumbbell bench, flat dumbbell bench, cable pushdowns and some cross-overs. And Phil, as a teaser. I used 25 kg extra weight when doing dips, but I'm not telling reps :wink:

xphilx
Elephant

#188 Postby xphilx » Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:22 am

awesome! dude, i wish i could do just one rep with 25kg extra weight!
my training.

The Squat:

“It's a great excuse to wear a big ass belt that makes you look less fat.”

- Dave Tate

npx
Rabbit

#189 Postby npx » Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:31 am

xphilx wrote:awesome! dude, i wish i could do just one rep with 25kg extra weight!

You have to consider that johan weight around 50kg also so that 25kg doesn't say that much :D
We see the winners and "learn" from them, while forgetting the huge unseen cemetery of losers.

Lean and Green
Elephant

#190 Postby Lean and Green » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:40 am

Weighted dips FTW!!!!! ;) love em; all the way down too, budday :twisted:
Where do you get your protein?
http://www.VeganProteins.com

Joelk wrote:But as long as people stay away from our cooler bags with our meals and not ask silly questions, we're all pretty tame

xjohanx
Elephant

#191 Postby xjohanx » Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:53 pm

Yeah weighted dips are awesome! Today I tranined back and did some weighted pull-ups, bent over rows in the smith, wide grip pulldowns and dumbbell rows. I finished it of with some curls but they didn't give me much at all. I also threw in some excersises for the calves.

joelk
Gorilla

#192 Postby joelk » Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:14 pm

awesome! dude, i wish i could do just one rep with 25kg extra weight!

Ha ha, me too!

xjohanx
Elephant

#193 Postby xjohanx » Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:00 pm

SHOULDERS. Went totally fine. Did dumbbell presses, two excersises for rear delts, one for the front, some side raises and smith machine presses. I finished it off with rotator cuff work.

npx
Rabbit

#194 Postby npx » Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:58 am

wewantweightswewantweightswewantweights!!!!!!
We see the winners and "learn" from them, while forgetting the huge unseen cemetery of losers.

xjohanx
Elephant

#195 Postby xjohanx » Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:35 am

Jag kan skriva några vikter på svenska, men kommer inte ihåg vikterna riktigt nu. Det jag minns är att jag pressade tjugosex kilohantlar först nio gånger, sen åtta, åtta och sju gånger. Översett inte till Phil :wink:
Jag var lite starkare för ungefär ett år sen men tappade en del när jag flyttade, fast jag är nog tillbaka snart hoppas jag.

Return to “Online Training Journals & Blogs”