Mac Danzig's next fight at UFC 100 (july 11th)?

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=217678569&blogId=476892318

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Mac is most likely fighting on July 11th @ UFC 100

Nothing is signed as of yet and no opponent has been named, but Mac has been told he'll be fighting at UFC 100 on July 11th at Mandaly Bay in Las Vegas.

More info as soon as it becomes available.

Thanks

Good that the UFC is giving him another fight. Personally I think he not only needs to win, but he needs to win big, to keep getting fights.

That would make a good night... I agree that Mac has to win big. Hopefully they'll give him an opponent that matches up well for him. He has had three very tough opponents in the UFC so far. We need to see the KOTC Mac return!

• 2 weeks later...
I think hes fighting Jim Miller who is one tough dude. I hope Mac can pull it off, however i think he is too small for 155 and would reck fools in the WEC FeatherWeight division.

that would be a great fight with Faber or Brown.

hell yeah it would! I honestly think he would tear up that division. Before his fight with Neer, he said that he boxes like a tall guy and that doesnt work against taller guys. In the WEC at 145, He would definitely be on the taller end of the spectrum, I can only think of like three more well known fighters off the top of my head who are taller than him.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
should i post a spoiler? lol

Goodbye Mac. He's lost 3 out of the 4 matches he's had for UFC (not counting the TUF ones)

After this, it seems unlikely that he'll be fighting int he UFC again anytime soon. I wonder how long his contract was for.

He was impressive on TUF. Wonder what happened.

Goodbye Mac. He's lost 3 out of the 4 matches he's had for UFC (not counting the TUF ones)

After this, it seems unlikely that he'll be fighting int he UFC again anytime soon. I wonder how long his contract was for.

Yeah sad but probably true. They might might might keep him because he's sort of popular because he was on TUF, but I doubt it.

Yeah sad but probably true. They might might might keep him because he's sort of popular because he was on TUF, but I doubt it.

I don't think they've let any of the TUF winners go yet. I don't recall them ever saying explicitly how long (or how many fights) the contract was for on the show either, just that it was a "six figure contract". His fight with Neer did win both of them the "fight of the night" for that event, so it's not like he came out as a total can who they were feeding to a better fighter. He's at least put up a hell of a fight every time, and they've all been pretty close.

Dropping down to the lightweight division doesn't seem to be working out so well. Maybe he should go back to welterweight like he was on the show.

Dropping down to the lightweight division doesn't seem to be working out so well. Maybe he should go back to welterweight like he was on the show.

I was thinking a lot about this too. Allthough I wonder how he would match up against real UFC welterweight fighters, the ones in TUF wasn't exactly great

well brock sure was focused. Who will be next? He through a little WWE in at the end. That should boost the gates on his next fight. It is going to take a really smart fighter to beat him. I dont think that Couture or Mir are dumb but they did some dumb things by their own admission.

• 3 months later...

"This blog is open to invited readers only"

exactly people cant just pass through and dump foul comments on his blog. I see female bodybuilders do this often. Guys will say they look like men or run them down so they either cancel comments or lock out passersby.

• 1 month later...