Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: LENTIL & WALNUT BURGERS
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 6:05 am 
Offline
Rabbit
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:12 am
Posts: 139
Location: Australia
My hubby ate my burgers last night (he was starving) and I was rolling around the floor in laughter about 2 hrs later. He was in sooooo much pain and ranting and raving about"bloody vegan veggie health food". He almost suffered from some intestinal hernia (if thats possible).

There is nothing better that a good belly laugh (great for your abs you know!) :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 2:33 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:05 pm
Posts: 21053
Location: Austin, TX
Some of my friends are so afraid to try certain vegan foods. Like it might literally kill them to eat it.

I find it a bit strange, but I guess that is just how some people are. They are fine with eating a variety of meats, includiing exotic animals like Aligator, Frogs, and things like that but the thought of a food that does not contain animal products is mind boggling and they stay far from it.

I guess we all have our preferences. I like to serve food and then AFTER they tell me they like it, I tell them it's vegan. :lol:

_________________

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 4:39 am 
Offline
Elephant

Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm
Posts: 1448
robert wrote:
Some of my friends are so afraid to try certain vegan foods. Like it might literally kill them to eat it.

I find it a bit strange, but I guess that is just how some people are. They are fine with eating a variety of meats, includiing exotic animals like Aligator, Frogs, and things like that but the thought of a food that does not contain animal products is mind boggling and they stay far from it.

I guess we all have our preferences. I like to serve food and then AFTER they tell me they like it, I tell them it's vegan. :lol:


I really do not understand that logic. If anything, it would be more healthier. Its a process of what their life revolves around, which is animal products, and things without it are strange to them. Just mention oranges, apples, and all those other things that todays people rarely take in.





BTW Savebabe, I take it he was overreacting (way too much IMO). I dont understand how it could cause pain.

I like your technique btw, what a shocker to them. Vegan meals are more tasty than meat and animal products IMO. Especially when you realise where the meat comes from, has been handled, how it ages, etc. it makes you want to puke.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 5:01 pm 
Offline
Rabbit
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 30, 2005 2:37 pm
Posts: 182
It could be that he wasn't used to consuming that much fiber? which may cause stomach cramps. Sometimes the body reacts wildly to having 'good' stuff in it when all its had is crap for a long time.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 5:36 pm 
Offline
Elephant

Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm
Posts: 1448
Renecarol25 wrote:
It could be that he wasn't used to consuming that much fiber? which may cause stomach cramps. Sometimes the body reacts wildly to having 'good' stuff in it when all its had is crap for a long time.


THats really bad then lol. Fibers an important part of digestion...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 12:22 am 
Offline
Rabbit
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:12 am
Posts: 139
Location: Australia
I should have explained, my hubby's a "pom". He isn't used to ANY health food at all. He's gentically gifted, in that he can build muscles by eating anything. He's only eaten healthy since I've been cooking for him :oops: And the cramps are exactly what he deserves from having such a poor diet. I've already told him if he has a heart attack and ends up in a wheel chair from his crappy diet I'm not looking after him. I'll hire some big titted nurse and he can drool all over her all he wants :lol: (and thats all he'll be able to do!). His blood stream was more than likely reacting to its cells being flooded by toxins that have been stored in the body's fat cells and were being eradicated by the massive dose of fibre!

He can either eat or starve! There's no take away places where we live, and I do all the groceries (and he hates shopping with me as I read every label and take my time).Tough titties as far as I'm concerned.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 2:08 am 
Offline
Elephant

Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm
Posts: 1448
savebabe wrote:
I should have explained, my hubby's a "pom". He isn't used to ANY health food at all. He's gentically gifted, in that he can build muscles by eating anything. He's only eaten healthy since I've been cooking for him :oops: And the cramps are exactly what he deserves from having such a poor diet. I've already told him if he has a heart attack and ends up in a wheel chair from his crappy diet I'm not looking after him. I'll hire some big titted nurse and he can drool all over her all he wants :lol: (and thats all he'll be able to do!). His blood stream was more than likely reacting to its cells being flooded by toxins that have been stored in the body's fat cells and were being eradicated by the massive dose of fibre!

He can either eat or starve! There's no take away places where we live, and I do all the groceries (and he hates shopping with me as I read every label and take my time).Tough titties as far as I'm concerned.


LOL! At least his life will have a meaning while in the wheel chair :P


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  



{ ASACP_CREDITS }
{ ASACP_CREDITS }
{ ASACP_CREDITS } Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group