My "extra layer of warmth".... how to make it go away?

So, it's been a loooooong time since i have been on here...

but i really need some help!

i have had 3 babies in the last 6 years... I have good solid muscle in my stomach and thighs - but it's hiding! I feel like my body is possible playing it safe, thinking it should keep it in the case of another pregnancy.

But - i need to convince it otherwise! What can i do to dissolve the fatty tissue that covers the good stuff i KNOW is there???

** i don't want to build up right now**

ok - ready, set, go!!

give it to me!

hi,

for workout i suggest you should do cardio at about 65-75% off your maximum heartrate (which is 220 - your age) during 30 minutes, following with an ab workout (hitting all areas of your abs) that takes about 15 minutes (various positions). do this 3 to 4 times a week and i bet after 2 months you will see results.

which cardio do you think? I have a treadmill so that i can run or power walk while the kids nap.... so should i do that for 30 min? How fast?

I like pilates for strength - is that good for what you are say re: stomach stuff?

What about the leg stuff?

(thanks for your response?0

working out on the treadmill is good.

you should workout on the treadmill for 30 minutes at about 65-75% off your maximum heartrate (which is 220 - your age). you can know that when your treadmill has a heartbeat sensor. don't forget to do your ab workout after you come off your treadmill

i don't really know what pilates is about so i can't give adice on that

To burn body fat you need to be on a negative calorie balance, meaning that you need to eat less than your body uses.

You probably know this but still it's good to repeat. Personally I think the main key to get to the negative calorie balance is to EAT LESS calories and then expand your energy use by adding cardio and/or other forms of training.

There are different "methods" that makes you consume less calories. You can of course count calories by weighing food but since you're not aiming to reach "un natural" levels of bodyfat you will probably get by with eating just healthy and doing cardio. Healthy food means whole foods so focus your diet around beans, veggies, fruits and whole grains. Avoid oils, refined sugar, refined flours etc.

Treadmills are great for doing cardio but I love doing cardio outside, specially when it's spring. Biking is always nice too.