Daniel: Logged Out

Guest Daniel

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regarding the tingling, have found much on the subject from O2 deprevation (I do negatives and breath ups) to nerve compression from possible posture during workouts. Whereas the nerves may be compressed by slouched shoulders or your neck leaning to forward. Next time take note of which exercise you are doing at the time of the occurance or is it after (non applicable). (Mine is generally after work out)

Take Care!

Tyler, I'm not too concerned with gaining mass, but I have been eating more. Actually, since I'm not keeping track of calories I don't know that for sure. I currently have less mass than I did at the end of June and would like to gain back about five pounds, but I'm not interested in getting huge. I do plan to add a couple supplements to my diet that should help me gain some weight. Namely cookies and fruit .

I was just bustin' your chops. I just want everyone to have a belly like me so I don't feel bad Seriously though, if I don't eat tons every day I lose weight very quickly, and I often partake in my girlfriend's peanutbutter cookies and soy delicious

I took the last week off to rest and work on a new routine. When I get to the gym this morning I find that the squat racks have been removed. Since I was at the gym to squat this was very disappointing. And I don't just use the rack to squat, I do the majority of my lifts from there. I quit the gym in protest and left. Now I'm gym-less with only a cheap bench and a pair of adjustable dumbbells.

Any suggestions on getting a decent workout with only a bench and 5-45lb dumbbells?

I took the last week off to rest and work on a new routine. When I get to the gym this morning I find that the squat racks have been removed. Since I was at the gym to squat this was very disappointing. And I don't just use the rack to squat, I do the majority of my lifts from there. I quit the gym in protest and left. Now I'm gym-less with only a cheap bench and a pair of adjustable dumbbells.

Any suggestions on getting a decent workout with only a bench and 5-45lb dumbbells?

Why on earth would a gym get rid of their racks?! Did you ask if they were being removed to be replaced?

Why on earth would a gym get rid of their racks?! Did you ask if they were being removed to be replaced?

The gym's motto is "the judgement free zone," but like most judgement-free claims it's hypocrisy.

Here's are some reason's why I think the gym got rid of the racks.

1. Most costumers don't use the racks. Most people join a gym because they want to be fit, but they don't know the first thing about working out. In fact, the personal trainers at the gym I was using didn't even know what they were doing. Not only are the racks not used because people don't know how to use them, but people fear what they don't understand. In the gym I used grunting and the other noises that come from heavy lifting are considered "judgement," much like some misguided souls think asking about ingredients is "judgement."

2. Unlike machines, free-weights have parts that need to be put away. Although it takes only a few seconds, the staff didn't want to bother to put plates in the right place.

3. It is assumed that free-weights are dangerous. Ignorant gym owners believe machines are safer. However, machines are not safer because they force you to move in an unnatural way. The gym owner told me that anything you do with a rack you can do with a smiths machine. Of course this isn't true; a machine can't do the same movements as free-weights.

4. Racks take up floor space that can be filled by two or three treadmill with attached television screens. An amalgamation of two cruel inventions. (The treadmill was originally invented as a form of corporal punishment.)

Monday, 2 Jan. 2006

Chest: Dumbbell Bench Press & Dumbbell Flye

Shoulders: Seated Dumbbell Press & Dumbbell Side Raise

Triceps: Lying Dumbbell Extension & Dumbbell Kick-back

Not my normal workout, but I'm trying to keep active without a gym.

Regarding the tingling, have found much on the subject from O2 deprevation (I do negatives and breath ups) to nerve compression from possible posture during workouts. Whereas the nerves may be compressed by slouched shoulders or your neck leaning to forward. Next time take note of which exercise you are doing at the time of the occurance or is it after (non applicable). (Mine is generally after work out)

Take Care!

I've get this. It's easily remedied by doing a neck stretch. Grab right side of head with left hand by reaching over the top. And pull head sideways towards left and hold for 10 seconds or so. Gets rid of it for a few days at least. Whenever my hands start falling asleep again I just do the stretch again.

Tuesday, 3 Jan. 2006

Decline Crunch

Reverse Crunch

Side Crunch

Don't really know exactly how to do a side crunch . In fact, all today's exercises are new to me, but I'm happy to giving 'em my best shot. Below is a "before" picture, so I can keep track as to how this gym-less wonder training is going.

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d52/veganism/journal/reflection.jpg

Wednesday, 4 Jan. 2006

Single Arm Bent-Over Row

Assisted Pull-Up

Dumbbell Arm Curl

Hammer Curl

Dumbbell Bulgarian Split Squat

Dumbbell Stiff-Leg Deadlift

Sorry for the lack of details. I'm mostly experimenting with new exercises right now, so I'm not too worried about weight/sets/reps at the mo.

Thursday, 5 Jan. 2006

Decline Crunch

Reverse Decline Crunch

Side Crunch

The decline, and reverse decline crunches are nice, but I'm not getting anything out of the side crunch. Maybe I'll try a decline twist next time?

http://www.visionballoons.co.uk/photogallery/Perfection%20-%20100.jpg

Edited by Anonymous

Saturday, 7 Jan. 2006

Chest: Dumbbell Bench Press & Dumbbell Flye

Shoulders: Seated Dumbbell Press & Dumbbell Side Raise

Triceps: Lying Dumbbell Extension & Dumbbell Kick-back

Tuesday, 10 Jan. 2006

Legs: Dumbbell Bulgarian Split Squat & Dumbbell Stiff-Leg Deadlift

Abs: Swiss Ball Crunch, Reverse Crunch & Side Crunch

This is the final post.