Which yoga is best to mix with TaeKwon-Do ITF?

• 1 month later...

i dont know what yoga would "make you better at fighting" but I think they would go together really well. You would have the most flexible kicks imaginable... Im looking into combining kung fu and yoga. Alot of kung fu is quite yogaesque. so why not have the best of both worlds?

I think your ideas using yoga to make you a better fighter are a little bit misguided. From what I've learned about yoga, the aim of yoga is not to make you better at anything physically. The aim of yoga is to steady your mind through the practice of breath control (pranayama) and performing difficult body postures (asana). Becoming stronger and more flexible as a result should simply be a bi-product of your meditation.

What I'm saying is that there is no direct correlation between yoga and fighting. In fact your idea of using yoga to make you a better fighter would be considered an antithetical motivation in basically every yoga school who practice vows of ahimsa (non-violence).

You're probably better of taking an aerobics class if you're just looking for a workout.