Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: cbob's log
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:44 am 
Rabbit

Three good workouts this week, so far. On Tuesday I had the normal curl program and on Wed the presses. I increased bench weights to 92.5 kg / 204 lb and was able to do five reps once and then 4x4. I also squatted 5x6 with 92.5 kg. Thursday was the aerobic day on this week, meaning another 30 mins of stepper, plus some dips and abs. Let's see how the weekend goes.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:04 am 
Rabbit

Damn, I really hope I would find time to update this more often. Maybe I'll start carrying my laptop to the gym? :)

Anyway, my workouts have been going as good as always. I'm moving to slightly longer sets (from 5-6 reps to 7-8) and still adding some aerobics. I've also been experimenting with eating times and pre-workout nutritions. Weightwise I've progressed a little; I did yesterday's leg curls (4x8) with 100 kg / 220 lb and 5x5 with 90 kg on the bench isn't that big deal anymore.

The scale hasn't returned still, so I don't know my current BW. No big changes there, though.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:18 pm 
Rabbit

I just benched 5x5 with 92.5 kg / 204 lb 8) I know it's just 2.5 kilos more to my previous set weight but it's no more than 3-4 weeks when I first did it with 90. It's these small steps that keep driving me forward. Heck, my workout was over 1.5 hours and I'm already wanting to go back :)

Oh yeah, also added one repetition to squats, so I did 5x7 with 92.5 / 204.

Go vegans! :twisted:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:18 am 
Rabbit

Just a quick update, again. I've been thinking of replacing my good-ol' Palm with something more modern that would have network capabilities, so that I'd be able to write my workouts here in real time. Google's Android is very interesting piece of technology, also professionally. Maybe I really need to get one of those...

Then to the actual subject. My workouts have been going well and steadily upwards, which is still where I'm aiming to. Just yesterday I benched 4x6 with 90 kg / 198 lb and I'd probably could've done the last set with a spotter. Also squatted 4x6 with 100 kg / 220 lb, first time ever. I've added more aerobics, as promised, and cut down my eating somewhat. I guess there's no need for bigger changes now, as I'm only aiming to lose 2-3 kilos / 4-7 pounds before the summer.

Proceed.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:59 am 
Gorilla

Hi, I'm glad to see that your training is going so well. :) I don't come here as often as I used to, but just wanted to say hi and all that. :)

Treenirikasta kevättä! ;)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:14 am 
Rabbit

Kiitti Pingu! :)

Bench-news: on Tuesday I finally did that last set too, so my official bench record-set is now 5 sets of 6 reps with 90 kilos / 198 pounds. Again, it felt almost too easy once I got into the mood. On that same day I also squatted 5x6 with 105 kg / 231 lb. Last week I visited a swimming hall and they had a fancy scale there, which showed me exactly 76.50 kg / 168.5 lb with only swimming shorts on. It's going to be interesting to see what my summer weight is going to be and what happens to my strength then.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:22 am 
Rabbit

Sweet. Great job. You will get there.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:10 am 
Rabbit

Thank you, MollyMormon.

Now that I've already cut down my eating slightly, I think it's also time to adjust my program a bit more. I've done relatively shorts sets on all basic moves from the beginning of the year so I'm about to move to more reps - less sets -policy. 4x8-10 is probably what I'm aiming for in all major moves. Also, I'll try to do atleast two different moves for same muscle group per workout, in stead of just one.

Btw, it looks like this is going to be my most active gym-month ever :twisted:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:53 pm 
Rabbit

I had one of the best back workouts ever yesterday. I didn't actually change that much but just focused bit more on what I was doing, partially motivated by one bb-magazine I bought few days back. Also, I haven't done one-hand incline rows for months and they felt really effective now. For starters, I benched 5x6x90/198 again.

It looks like I might not be able to train more than once more on this week. I'm moving on Tuesday so the next days will be dedicated mostly to packing. Luckily, carrying heavy furnitures around for all day long isn't exactly very easy on one's muscles :)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:26 am 
Rabbit

After all, I managed to have four workouts in the last week. All of them were with weights so I really missed only the aerobic.

On Saturday I finally returned to dip, and boy it was a good thing to do. My previous extra-weighted dips were in December so there was probably longer pause that would've been necessary. This time I did 4x9 with added 15 kg / 33 lb and it felt relatively easy. Would've done more but my left wrist started to hurt a bit. Next time I'll try with 20 kg and prepare bit better. After the dip I did 4x10 french presses with 35 kg / 77 lb, and they also went better than I expected. Man, my triceps haven't felt like this in months!

Yesterday was quite normal, besides adding few kilos to deadlift. I haven't slept quite as fine as I normally do due to my moving project, so it does have some effect to my recovery atleast. The moving happens tomorrow so I might not get into gym until Wednesday. Miss it already :(

Edit: fixed a dozen typos.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:49 am 
Rabbit

This is my first post from the new apartment. The moving day was Tuesday. The whole process took _12_ hours in total with only two short pauses, so physically it was one of my hardest ever. The new apartment is on the 3rd floor and there's no elevator so my calfs were totally sore until this morning. However, I did go to gym yesterday and today, although with a little shorter program than usually. Yesterday I dipped 5x10 with added 15 kg / 33 lb, which was very good. Today some bicep curls on the Scott, hammer curls and leg curls. On the moving day my intake was probably thousands of kcals less than what my consumption was and thus my bw has been ~0.5 kilos lower than last week. Let's see if I'll manage to gain it back.

Stay tuned.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:08 am 
Rabbit

I'm sorry I haven't been posting at all for almost two weeks - I've been very busy with a project. Ofcourse I've worked out, I just haven't been posting about it :)

My workouts have been going smoothly and steadily, although I've lost some body weight (now 75 kg / 167 lb). I've taken lots of dips to my program and in the last two times I did 5x10 with added 20 kg / 44 lb. Can't wait to see how I'll be able to progress in it. Week ago I also squatted my record set so far; 5x6 with 120 kg / 265 lb, although it wasn't very pretty. In bench I haven't been able to improve, probably due to my weight loss (and not gain :? ). The dip has had very good effect to my triceps, as I did french overhead presses with 38 kg / 84 lb without any issues.

All in all, I'm feeling very good and stronger than ever :boxer:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:41 am 
Rabbit

Long time no update. I start to sound like a broken record.

Lots of good workouts behind. Last week I trained five times and will probably end up to four on this one. I increased dipping weights to 25 kg / 55 lb and did five sets of eight reps with them. More weights kinda slows it down but I guess I've enough torque to still pull it off without huge difficulties. Maybe I'm even getting a bit stronger :) I've also focused a bit more to my back lately. Some improvements with triceps too, as 1-hand overhead french presses with 13.5 kg / 27.5 lb don't feel that awkward any more.

I'm kinda busy right now, but will post again sometime next week.

Btw, here's one new pic of me:

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 11:25 am 
Rabbit

No worries, I am very alive outside this forum! 8)

The weather is becoming warmer even here in Finland too, so I've spent almost all of my free time being active outside, mostly biking and rollerblading (which is such a fine sport for your chest muscles :) ). Still, I haven't given up on gym training at all, having the normal 4-5 weekly workouts. Due to added activity I've lost some more weight so I wouldn't expect any actual improvements with weights, but it has become such a big part of my everyday life that it would be totally impossible not to go. Actually, I feel that my legs have improved somewhat, as I successfully did my last weekend's squats with 120 kg / 264.5 lb (5 sets, 9-10 reps). They also look a lot thicker and more muscular than before :)

Enjoy the summer and keep on lifting, buddies! :boxer:

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 11:30 am 
Stegosaurus

Nice Work

You chest and arms are looking great :)