Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 332 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
 Post subject: Re: LnG's RawVeganBodybuilder Video Blog; CONTEST TOMORROW
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:36 am 
Manatee

Yeah, I know. When Giacomo and Octo's cousin got lost in the mountains, one of the news stories kept saying that Giacomo was 18 years old. They felt people would like the story better if they thought they were both teens.

Follow Me on Twitter!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:04 pm 
Mastodon

mikkei wrote:
Yeah, I know. When Giacomo and Octo's cousin got lost in the mountains, one of the news stories kept saying that Giacomo was 18 years old. They felt people would like the story better if they thought they were both teens.

oh i got ya, I didn't see that part...haha

335 Squat

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:39 am 
Stegosaurus

Lean and Green wrote:
27_Rescued from Camelback Mountain_(04/23/09)
I got lost on Camelback Mountain and veered off trail as it got dark too quickly and I didn't turn back soon enough. It made news and tons of people and a helicopter rescue team led myself and Max down safely from the mountain. ONLY 2 DAYS AWAY from the contest and all this happens. Man......

THE ACTUAL VIDEO CLIP AS MENTIONED ABOVE ON MY BLOG:

http://www.azfamily.com/video/gmaz-index.html?nvid=354961&shu=1

I'm even in more shock that you didn't have your phone Giacomo :shock:

I'm glad you're safe <3

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:54 pm 
Elephant

Glad they found you in time!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:00 pm 
Elephant

tell me about it JohnV!

Anyhow results:

8 competitors in the middleweight class and all three of us were in the same class.

Jimi placed 3rd out of 8

Robert placed 5th out of 8

I placed 6th out of 8

I am VERY frustrated and confused. Mainly because everyone keeps telling me I did awesome and that I placed well in between prejudging and the evening show and awards and then I get a bum placing. TWICE in a row now.

Actually, after they called my name for 6th place there was a huge gasp and then voices of disapproval from audience members that weren't even a part of us and had no clue who I was or what we were doing there. So I know everyone isn't just being nice to me.

I just don't get it. Why?????

It's just really aggravating to have EVERYONE tell you that you are going to rock and place well and be placed high and then have the exact opposite happen.

What pisses me off even more about this competition is that during the judging the judges placed their 4 favorite competitors in the front and then the weaker ones in the back after viewing us all in a straight lineup. After doing that and going through us, they called ME out from the back weaker 4 group and asked me to pose with the top 4. I GOT A CALL OUT and only to be in the lower part of the bottom rung..... Sigh....

TO TOP OFF THE NIGHT; we got back to the hotel and as getting out of the van thendanisays was play wrestling me into a head lock. I tried to avoid getting my tan stuff all over her beautiful outfit and my trophy fell out of my had and got BEHEADED. I stormed off and threw out two cuss words (something i rarely ever do and especially not amongst a large crowd); grabbed my phone and threw it into the weeds. Picked it up and ran into the room to shower alone and get all the tan stuff off me.

There's no use in venting and lashing out at the people you love. I never have and never will. It is a MAJOR pet peeve of mine. My father always did it to me and our entire family; still does. My sister is a culprit as well. I'm more like my mother in that sense. DON'T take your day out on me. Nothing makes me more upset. I didn't do anything to you. Just a tidbit about my persona ;) So no matter what the situation I live by the golden rule. ;)

Anyhow, it's all good and this year I will get to be on my game all year round and come back strong and leaner greaner and meaner!!!!! >:-) It's been a wild ride. Thanks everyone for being a part of it, sharing the journey and most importantly... making it possible!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Ok poolside for last 3 hours with odidnetne, dave vs robzilla, thendanisays and now back in the room laying low. We're all going to do some post show interviewing with bvp663 shooting. Then raw vegan ehtiopian cuisine to follow!!! Possibly another trek to the personal training cool studio we found (more about that another time) and ....gasp.... the mountain again??? But ONLY if there is MORE than enough time with broad daylight and in a large group :) Safety first!

Joelk wrote:
But as long as people stay away from our cooler bags with our meals and not ask silly questions, we're all pretty tame

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:58 pm 
Stegosaurus

I can't wait to see the underwater videos we took too. :)

"Look at what a green thumb this guy has, he just throws plants in water and they root!"
- A good friend talking about my basil cuttings

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:46 pm 
Gorilla

Don't get too down on yourself mate, there are poor decisions at every comp, you just need to come back stronger.
Post some pics up soon, I'm sure there are plenty of people here who want to see how you looked on stage.
I'll try and give you some pointers if I'm able to but for now just try and relax and not analyse too much, speaking from experience it just turns into a massive mind game that nothing, except time, can fix.
Well done anyway, you've made all of us proud

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:51 pm 
Elephant

^^^ Giacomo did great and Im sure has some great pictures! I know brian took some at the gym we went to that are phenominal ones of Giac. He's not going to quit in his quest for 1st place, but return next year bigger and harder. When there were call outs and us on stage Giac hit the poses hard and clean from what I could see. Very nice. Here is the link to our page when the photographer puts up the pictures: http://mikesimon.smugmug.com/2009%20Bod ... rea/769847

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:23 pm 
Manatee

Bro, remember you are early in your competition career. Having placed last, I know disappointment. My first three attempts at competition, I didn't even make it to the show. A first place is nice. But what is even more important is how freaking awesome you look. You trained your ass off, and you looked fantastic. That said, if I don't win in Bend and I am kicking myself, you can kick my ass just like this and we can laugh. Let's get together and hit it when I am in town. You have my number, right? I get in Thursday night, and am heading over to the show Friday and hanging until Monday/Tuesday, then back in the gym training in PDX no later than Wednesday. I miss Portland so much.

Be proud of what you have achieved. I am, and a lot of others are too. You have built a great physique that will only get better.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:33 pm 
Stegosaurus

You look great. Try not to be upset. You did your best and there is nothing you can do to change it now.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:13 am 
Site Admin

Son, you look awesome and you have the full support of everyone on the forum. The handful of judges at a competition don't necessarily know what's what I guess, don't let it dissuade you from continuing into further competitions. Sorry to hear you were frustrated, but everyone else can see your results plain as day

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:47 am 
Rabbit

You don't have to be upset..
You already have a great body and with a raw diet..Many of us will never achieve it no matter the diet..
Beginning with such a body and trainning hard for a year you can make wonders..

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:55 am 
Manatee

L&G,

Just remember that BB is a subjective sport. the judges that placed you 6 yesterday could place you first today.
You are a winner just by stepping on stage. :)

great job

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:40 am 
Elephant

what placing did you expect?

The Squat:

“It's a great excuse to wear a big ass belt that makes you look less fat.”

- Dave Tate

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:07 am 
Gorilla

You did well and you have plenty to be proud of!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83cdJbztw3g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lEUynhgMg8

The reason is not, Can they reason? nor, Can they talk?, but Can they suffer? - Jeremy Bentham 1748 - 1832

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 332 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next