i'm gonna be buff!

I really felt like Vegan Vacation all over again! ....meaning everyday was hectic and stressful for me and that there were lots of forum members gathering, including about a dozen who have actually been to Vegan Vacation before! Reunion times are fun!

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a BLAST in AZ, although like robert said, it was pretty stressful and hectic with a very tight schedule and a large group of people. but the weather was awesome and the company was better. oh and did i mention that i got to rub up on 3 rock hard body builders while applying their million coats of tan? NICE!

I enjoyed watching the show and i am wicked proud of all three of them. but i must admit that i feel a wave of relief that the worst of it (for me) is over. I know their is still TONS of editing to do (sorry Brian ) but life can return to normal(ish)

I started going to the gym thats right up the street from me. I like to get my workouts in early, but until now that hasnt really happened because the closest gym to me was still about 8 miles away....+ 10 hour workdays=procrastinated workouts.

So this new gym is under construction and definately not as nice as 24 hour fitness, but if i actually GO every morning, then it is a million times better, right?

I'm loving it so far.

Hey babe

I'm glad you found a gym close by. And I hear ya about 24 being the nicest gym

I pay an observe gym rate at $60 a month. Really small weight room little amount of machines and cardio equipment. and a tiny place for classes. It has two flat benches, little amount of equipment. But it's so far the nicest one here. lol

I just bought two boxes of mangos at an local farmers market under $10 and everyone I'm eating I'm thinking about you <3

How's your job been treating you?

I want mangos too! lol... hmmm... Who cares about the gym quality?!?!?! If you have the inspiration you can get everything you really need to done at home or outside... But with a gym close by you can definately get plenty done...

I like 24 too though... Used to work two of the Fitness 2000's in Fortworth... and we always had to compete with 24... That was hard since I prefered 24.. Right now the place Im at Fitness One gets compared to 24 - alot... I love it at my gym now so far... Unfortunately Ive never been a huge Nautilus fan... but Im adapting..

Dani- it was so nice meeting you. You were so encouraging and helpful on the board and it really pushed me through. I wish I had gotten to spend more time with you. Maybe we can get together sometime when I get to go to Oregon (someday). I would really like to keep in touch. Say hi to L&G for me, and both of you enjoy lots of mangoes, you both deserve it.

Valley Health and Fitness.

The only good thing is it's not a busy gym. So I don't have to wait for people to finish. And it's like not even 3 miles from my house. It's in the same complex as my mom's work, there's a grocery store and my hair and tanning salon in the complex too. Also it's on the way to my work. (4 miles away )

The only thing that irritates me is I run into these four-five guys. They are in the weight room. And very inconsiderate. Of being a small weight room.

One guy is walking around yapping on his phone. The others are cursing and yelling across to one another of inappropriate conversations. etc.... SO I try to avoid a certain time to go because of them ruining my workouts.

Here's the website

http://www.valleyhealthandfitness.ca/cobblehill/

Oh Dani's, sorry I thought you were asking me mikkei !!!

SWEETIE ! !!!

I hope you didn't go back to LA Fitness lol. JK

I think there was another one you and Giacomo were also checking out before LA Fitness and 24.

I can't remember what it was called though. Could be this one

http://www.westcoasthealthandfitness.com/

Oh Dani's, sorry I thought you were asking me mikkei !!!

SWEETIE ! !!!

I hope you didn't go back to LA Fitness lol. JK

I think there was another one you and Giacomo were also checking out before LA Fitness and 24.

I can't remember what it was called though. Could be this one

http://www.westcoasthealthandfitness.com/

HAHAHAHA! yes it is this one. the one on lombard. its under construction-looks like it will be nice, but right now---not so much. but i like it for whatever reason, so i agree with you aluck. its pretty cool.

Molly-it was GREAT to meet you! You represented on stage! I wish i had gotten to spend more time with you as well. Come visit!

tasha.....i am so jealous of your mangoes!

Just got back from a session at a completely different gym......some women buy shoes-i buy gym memberships...but i digress. It rocked. These new workout i'm doing have a completely different feel to them than i'm used to, which makes me feel both uncomfortable and accomplished. Lighter weights, higher reps, weirder stuff in general (for me anyway) I'm so used to heavy weights, low reps, 90 second rests in between, low intensity cardio that its all very blah now. Now for something COMPLETELY different.

Legs/Core

Warmup-

10 minute elliptical

high knee walks

high kick walks

a weird hamstring strectch walk

plank walk

one legged jump squats

(and at about this point i'm already panting)

Workout: There is little rest even in between the supersets.

[bB Squat x15 reps superset with jumping lateral lunges]x2

[DB Split Squatx12/leg superset with a sideways tubing lengex15/leg]x2

[lying Hamstring Curl on Ballx15 superset with DB Single Leg Deadliftx15/leg]x2

[shakle Shufflex20/direction superset with Shackle Monster Walks 20/direction]

[Lying Legg lifts into reverse crunchx12]x2

[oblique crunches with legs in chair and someone pushing against themx12/side]x2

[regular crunches, legs down]x15

burnout set of crunches, legs up (today was about 50)

After this i did a half hour on this machine thats like a mix between a stairstepper and an elliptical. it was o.k. nothing special.

now i have to go to work for 9 hours and hope i dont snack on EVERYTHING during the three hours before close of pure boredom. i'm bringing a book. hope that helps.

Looks great. I know I hate switching up my routine.. lol

Are you going to do this on your regular schedule or just once or twice a week thing?

If you get bored of your book you can always TXT me

<3 U Hun, thanks for your PM

Washer

Yep Tashie-this is what i'm doing now! It's really hard, but i'm enjoying it and already feeling better because of it.

Today: Back and Biceps at 24 fitness downtown

Warm-up:

Backwards Twisting Lungesx20

Plyo 1 leg squatx30sec/leg

Plank Walk 10 forward, 10 backward

Seal Jacksx50

[assisted pullupx12,

1arm-1leg [email protected]/side,

seated row@60x12]x2

[Palms out Pulldown@50lbx12,

Lunge&Bicep [email protected],

Ball Ab Rolloutx15]x2

[1leg squat&Hammer Curl@10lbx20,

DB Curl&OH Press@15lbx12,

Alternating Plyo Lungesx20]x2

Bosu ball Oblique Elbow to Knee Crunchesx12/side

Bosu Ball Crunchx20

30 minutes of intervals on the elliptical

Stretching

Although it takes a lot out of me, i feel like this will be worth it. And my hula hooping is already better for it seriously!

well, giacomo and i are gonna have dinner soon it looks like. last night was raw home-made sushi. mmmmmmmmm.....

mikkei-it was freaking awesome! and we ate waaaaay too much of it!

lobsteriffic-the rice is a mixture of jicima, pine nuts, salt, rice wine vinegar and agave. you pulse it in a food procceser until its "grainy" like rice then dehydrate the whole mess until its sticky.

So i couldnt fall asleep last night to save my life until about 2:30 am. Needless to say, I am exhausted and the gym will not be happening this morning. I have to work all day and then giacomo and i are having a little celebration for joey's (our dachshund) second birthday! The little guy is growing up!!!! I know, we're silly. oh well.

Well you've got to be silly sometimes, or life gets boring.

Never had sushi, vegetarian, or otherwise. I don't really like slimy, soft food.

OH yeah you left after we had a raw sushi night during VV08. Sushi isn't slimy, not that I remembered

Giacomo and Dani prepared this dinner so amazing. Actually anything they make is so freaking fantastic !!!

OH yeah you left after we had a raw sushi night during VV08. Sushi isn't slimy, not that I remembered

Giacomo and Dani prepared this dinner so amazing. Actually anything they make is so freaking fantastic !!!

awwwwwwwwwwww.com thanks tashie! We love making food, especially for other people. (we just eat is as we're making it! hahaha!)

i forgot to post my chest/tris workout the other day. let me tell you -they are SOOOOORE!...in a good way.

Warmup-bosu ball woodchop w/ medicine ball-2x15/each way

[burpee with curl and press at top x10@15lb,

Incline BB chest press x10@65lb,

tubing twistx25 each way] circuitx2

[DB chest flyex12@15lb DB,

Pushup with shins on ballx12,

jumpropex1 minute]circuitx2

[assisted Dips@90lbsx12,

lateral step-up jumps 15x each side,

underhand cable pushdown x15@45lbs,

boxerweave x 1 minute]circuitx2

1/2 superman on ball 2x30 sex each side

Turkish Get ups x8@8lb DB (these SUCK!)

follwed by 30 minues intervals on the elliptical.

my stomach hurts today but i'm gonna try to wait it out and hit up the gym later anyway. happy moms day!

1/2 superman on ball 2x30 sex each side

I have got to try your workout!

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! you know? I saw that i typed that and i went back and fixed it and must've typed it wrong AGAIN!

HOW COME MY BLOG IS ALWAYS SO DIRTY!?!?!??!!?! ....i can't even blame you for this one MM, that was all my fault.

i am so sick! its the weirdest thing. its just a headache but it is absolutely debilitating. it hurts to move, and i have taken advil (which i rarely do unless i'm in a LOT of pain) and drank a bunch of caffiene, lots of sleep (i'm talking like 12 hours), drinking lots of water, hot bath....i give up.....sigh.

anyway-here was yesterdays workout. i may just force myself to the gym today anyway. for whatever reason the headache subsided when i was on the elliptical yesterday morning.

Shoulder/Abs day

Warm-up:

Balance on Bosu ball on 1 foot, 60 seconds each foot.

[Cable Wood Chop @80 lbsx15/each side]x2

Squat and lift with 8lb medicine Ballx15

[Clean and Press w/ palms down grip @35 lbsx12]x3

[1 arm hanging lat raise @10lbx15]x3

[Rear delt Row and Rotate with tubingx12]x3 (this was very difficult form to perfect)

[ball Knee Tuckx15,

Bench Blastx1 minute,

Side Plank and Reachx12/side,

Hip Hinge Absx20,

Double Crunch with tubingx15]circuitx3

30 minutes moderate intensity on elliptical.

Then i went home and slept for 4 hours, woke up, ate, went back to bed for 9 hours.

I hope i feel better soon.