plz critique my training plan

Hello everybody! I'm 5'4" approx 147-150lbs - trying to lose some fat/weight. I'm also training for some half marathons. That being said, I'm going to start counting my calories approximately 1400-1600 daily with 50% carb and 25% fat and 25% protein.

This is the training program I came up with. I MUST have 2 medium running days during the week and 1 long run on the weekends (at least 10 miles or more). I'm also trying to increase my speed by losing weight & HIIT. I only have time to workout 1x per day in the evenings after work.

Sunday: 30-60mins cross-training & upper body lifting

Monday: 5-6 miles

Tuesday: HIIT & lower body lifting

Wednesday: 4-6 miles & upper body lifting

Thursday: HIIT & lower body lifting

Friday: Rest Day

Saturday: Long Run (at least 10 miles)

Does this seem like an acceptable plan? Any comments would be appreciated - thanks!

Plan looks good to me. have you done any half-marathons before, and if so how did you train for those? the only thing i'd ask about is the calories youve listed. 1400 is pretty low for 10 mile runs!! you might want to consider hitting closer to 2000 on your long run days. then again i dont know what youre used to, just that im a girl who feels like shes starving if i eat under 2000! i think the weight wont be an issue with that training plan, as long as the foods you eat are nutrient packed and varied.

good luck and keep us posted on your progress!!

-Andy

Your training plan looks great! I would add some calories in protein since you're doing so much weight bearing stuff. That should help with muscle building, which will in turn eat the fat!

(A 10 mile run burns ~1000 calories, so you will DEFINITELY need some extra on your long run days. Look into good quality bars for something easy, calorie dense, and digestible)