Courtney's Food Journal and Fitness Log

Friday June 27, 2008

Breakfast: Gatorade, chips

Lunch: Amy's brown rice with broccoli, mushrooms, tofu, and carrots bowl, red delicious apple

Dinner: Boca burger with vegenaise, Tofutti soy cheese, and ketchup, carob peanut butter cup

Ounces of water:32

Exercise:

It hasn't been a very healthy start to the day. I intend to do better as I pack my lunch for work.

Edited by VeganGirl2006

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Courtney,

I just wanted to say I am so jealous over those pics of the lake you were kayaking on... it looks so gorgeous there!! I haven't seen a real cloud in ages

Also, I read skinny bitch and I think those girls are so hilarious and inspirational, don't you?!

I know it is hard to diet with a newborn... they suck so much of your time that it is hard to take good care of yourself, but keep on keepin' on! I do what they suggest in "skinny bitch": fruit for b-bast, salad for lunch and some kind of grain based meal for din din. The only thing I haven't been able to quit is coffee ... life is just not worth living for me without coffee. I do feel a lot healthier overall after reading that book though... I am way more into my fruits and veggies than I used to be.

good luck!

Thanks! I want to buy my own kayak sometime once I have the extra money. That little lake is just about a mile from my house too, which is so nice! It's tiny, more like a pond really. No motorboats allowed.

It's tough for me to diet anytime. Honestly since my husband stays home he takes care of the baby most of the time, which is super helpful for me. I probably would do better to implement their meal techniques in Skinny Bitch. That book kicks ass! I loved it too! My weakness though is iced coffee. I drink that stuff whenever I can! I love it! I really should give it up. And I am addicted to Liquid Satan. I've done better about not having it, but I blew it last weekend at the wedding and drank sodas like crazy. I am getting better about eating fruits and veggies though. I had an apple today and and a banana yesterday.

Thanks for the support!

haha... yeah the 'liquid satan' line is classic! I also love the chapter on the Atkins diet... seriously, have you ever met someone on that diet that looked really healthy???!?? I love that book. Fortunately, I have never been a soda lover (except when I am pregnant, my last pregnancy it was my biggest craving)... my real weakness is cookies.... After reading 'SB' I discovered 'Laura's Wholesome Junkfood (?)' "biteletts" OMG...those little mothers are yummy!!! They definitely take care of my cookie craving.

feel free not to answer if this question is too personal but- are you breastfeeding?

I tried breastfeeding but it was extremely tough when my boobs were way bigger than the baby's head. It didn't work out so we bottle feed. That's easier for my husband too since he's the one home all day with her.

And I'm a cookie lover too. I posted a recipe for peanut butter cookies in the recipe section. I swear every time I make those they never last more than a day! So yummy!!!!!

Saturday June 28, 2008

Breakfast: banana, 16 oz. soymilk

Lunch: Amy's vegan enchiladas, apple, chips

Dinner:Boca burger, mashed potatoes

Ounces of water:32

Exercise:

I am working a 10 hour shift today so I don't think I'll be getting much in the way of exercise in though.

Edited by VeganGirl2006

Hey Courtney!

I often have problems staying on track with my healthy eating and here are a few things that I find helpful... I hope you don't mind the unsolicited tips...

- To kick the soda habit. I mix sparkling water and pure fruit juice. I get the bubbles I love and more natural sugars. I'm actually rethinking the sparkling water after an accidental experiment that I once did.... I was picking the stones out of the beans that I was getting ready to soak and a few fell into my sparkling water. About 10 minutes later when I finished my drink, the skins of the beans were so shriveled I was able to tear them right off. However, even after 24 hours of soaking in regular water and an hour of cooking, the skins didn't want to budge. Can you imagine what the carbonation is doing to our insides? EEEK

- I know planning and preparing ahead of time, involves time and energy you might not have but I find that if I prepare my breakfast and lunch the night before, I'll be sure to get healthy food in me and won't have to make last minute choices.

- I bring a cooler to team meetings/retreats at work, road trips, any time I travel or plan to be away from home. I take my cooler to work on a daily basis. If I have the food I'm going to eat for the day on-hand, I don't have to worry about leaving my desk to eat if I'm busy. I don't have to skip meals and I eat whatever it is that I've included in my program. I think you did this when you were traveling for work, I've found it helpful to do it all the time.

- Flexibility is important. Allow yourself the occasional treat as part of your program. I used to judge myself and feel bad when I would treat myself, I'd call it falling off the wagon and then feel bad and guilty for doing so. These days, if I've accounted for the treat in the whole of my program, then it's just part of my program. This works as long as the other healthy food that's supposed to be in my program gets in there too.

I think it's amazing that you're posting your journey on here and are sharing your process with us! Paying attention to what works and what doesn't is half the battle. Journaling is also the most helpful thing I've ever done when trying to lose weight.

Good luck and take care!!

ok, I was just wondering about the BF because I breastfed my daughter for over 2 years and my son is 1 and still nurses and in my experience it really hinders weight loss efforts..... I think it helps with losing about the first 20lbs pp but after that your body just doesn't want to let go which can be really annoying! In the last few months I have been losing and gaining the same five lbs even though I don't eat "bad" the weight just doesn't wanna go!

p.s. my daughter picked the color for this post

Sunday June 28, 2008

Last week's weight: 245

This week's weight: 240.4!

Change: -4.6 pounds!!!!

I guess I didn't do as bad last week as I thought! I dropped a good amount of weight for one week! HOORAY! It's good to see positive progress again. Let's keep going!

Breakfast: banana, 16 oz. soymilk

Lunch: Boca burger, chips, peanut butter cookies

Dinner:

Ounces of water: 32

Exercise: I walked 2.5 miles at the lake today!

• 9 months later...

Oh man.....to weigh 240 again would be nice. I should start journaling here again. That might help me to be accountable more. In the year I've been MIA from here I gained 30 pounds. My current weight is 269. But I have started a new regime this week to get me butt off the couch and eating better too! I'm cutting out all the sugary crap and the processed stuff. If I stick with more whole foods and do some exercise, this weight will come off. I just can't let myself get discouraged and slack.

So far this week has been good for me, overall. The past two days have been less than ideal, but it shouldn't spoil the good I did the rest of the week. I am planning to hit the gym today and maybe even go kayaking. We'll have to see.

Tomorrow morning is my weigh in day after my first week on the new regime. I need to get back to posting my food and exercise on here. It helps keep me accountable for what I do each day.

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Breakfast: banana smoothie

Lunch: burritos (meatless soy "beef", homemade salsa, vegan sour cream, lettuce, and vegan refried beans wrapped in a tortilla)

Dinner: spring rolls with ginger soy sauce

Exercise: 4 hours today at the lake! The lake has a track around it, so I walked, jogged, and kayaked. It was a fun day!

Monday, May 4, 2009

Previous weight: 271.6

Current weight: 271.2

Change: -0.4

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wWxmvYV/weight.png

I was hoping for a larger loss, especially since the scale was showing me 267 on last Wednesday. I guess those two days of eating a lot did mess me up more than I thought they would. I am hoping that some of this is water retention, as Aunt Flo is visiting this week though. Here's to a more productive week with fewer screw-ups!

Breakfast: leftover burritos

Lunch: apple, Mexican rice and beans (mixed together)

Dinner: leftover burritos, soy milk

Exercise: 3 mile "Walk Away the Pounds" DVD

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Happy Cinco de Mayo everyone! Pity I've sworn off alcohol as part of my new regime or I'd be having me a margarita tonight!

Breakfast: leftover burrito

Lunch: roasted potatoes and steamed broccoli in a "cheese" sauce, a handful of dried cranberries

Dinner: spring rolls, banana smoothie

Exercise: Today was a day of rest. The only thing close to exercise I did today was my dishes.

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

I just feel strange today. Energy-wise, anyway. It's hard to explain, but everything feels like it's buzzing. I hope this doesn't mean today's going to be weird.

My office is holding a contest called "Shapt It Up." It's basically an activity contest. We are in teams of 5 and each mile we walk/run/swim, etc. counts toward the team total. For acvities that cannot be measured in miles, every 20 minutes of activity counts as a mile for the team. As of today (middle of week 3 for the contest) my team is in 4th place with 213.75 miles! Not a bad haul for the 5 of us! But, the first place team has 340.5 miles so we have to step it up a notch to catch them.

Breakfast: Boca burger, chips

Snack: orange

Lunch: salad (lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, and carrots) and a small baked potato

Dinner: veggie dog, tomato soup

Exercise: 1 hour of "deskercise"

http://www.webmd.com/fitness-exercise/features/exercise-at-your-desk

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Yesterday was weird. Not going to discuss it. But I am so glad it's over! time to move on to better days.

Breakfast: Boca burger, chips, soy milk

Lunch: salad (lettuce, broccoli, carrots, and my homemade raspberry vinaigrette dressing), chips and homemade salsa, peaches

Dinner: veggie dog, steamed broccoli, roasted potatoes

Exercise: 1 mile walk

Friday, May 8, 2009

TGIF baby! I am definitely ready to get this week over. It has not been a good one for me, emotionally.

This has been a hungry kind of day. So, I am eating more, but am eating healthy foods. I've also been drinking lots of water.

Breakfast: banana protein smoothie

Morning snack: banana, handful of dried cranberries

Lunch: salad (Romaine lettuce, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, and my homemade raspberry vinaigrette dressing), chips and homemade salsa, peaches

Dinner: veggie dog, chips and salsa

Exercise: 1 mile walk

Saturday, May 9, 2009

Today was a great day! I got out of the house and did a LOT of walking, which is good. I got to go see the local high school's production of "Bye Bye Birdie" and had a great time.

Breakfast: organic bulghur wheat hot cereal, soy milk

Lunch: "chicken" nuggets, steamed broccoli

Dinner: steamed green beans and carrots, mashed potatoes

Exercise: 5 mile walk with my husband!

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there! I hope you all have a great day!

I think I am finding that I am slipping back into the habit of eating more processed foods. I've had lots more Boca burgers, veggie dogs, and chips lately. I have to cut that out and eat more whole foods.

Lunch: Boca burger, mashed sweet potatoes with Earth Balance on them

Dinner: 2 veggie dogs

Exercise: I rested today.

Monday, May 11, 2009

Well, today's the official weigh in day. My weigh in last week put me at 271.2 pounds. This morning's weigh in put me at 266.2 pounds! So that's a loss of 5 pounds last week! Hooray! The loss so far is at 5.4 pounds!

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wxDcYpI/weight.png

Here's to another great week!

Lunch: salad (lettuce, cauliflower, carrots, and homemade raspberry balsamic vinaigrette), strawberries, peaches, a handful of dried cranberries

Dinner: Mexican pizza (I took 2 tortillas and fried them in oil. Then topped one with refried beans, TVP, and salsa. I put the other tortilla on top and added vegan sour cream, more salsa, green Tabasco sauce, and lettuce. I sliced it into 4 slices with the pizza cutter, and there you go! Mexican pizza!)

Exercise: 40 minutes "deskercise"

Edited by VeganGirl2006

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

I slept like a rock last night! It was some of the best sleep I've had lately! I am off from work today, so I am hoping to have a productive and fun day.

Breakfast: Mexican pizza, soy milk

Lunch: pasta salad, mashed sweet potatoes

Dinner: Boca burger, tomato soup

Exercise: 1 hour of Wii Sports (in my shape, that boxing game gets your heart pumping well!), 2 hours of MAJOR house cleaning (like scrubbing sinks and showers and stuff)

Edited by VeganGirl2006