Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1204 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 81  Next
 Post subject: Re: Getting Back Into It
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 3:53 pm 
Stegosaurus

That's me today, I'm pretty sore and wobby. Which means it's going to be worse tomorrow...eep!

Wednesday, May 6th:

Weights: None

Cardio: Ran 5k this morning but my run sucked. I had to stop to walk twice and I just felt weak and nauseous the entire time. But I guess this is the first time I've ran in ~2 weeks...

90 min. bellydance class tonight

Diet:
Breakfast: half a baked sweet potato, tofu scramble with veggies and salsa served over greens
Snack: apple
Lunch: TVP chunks with veggies and bbq sauce, pear for dessert
Snack: pear
Supper: chickpea cutlets, roasted brussel sprouts, roasted cauliflower
Snack: peanut butter and protein powder

Cals 1581
Fat (g) 27.1
Carbs (g) 245.0
Prot (g) 112.1

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 6:35 pm 
Stegosaurus

That ratio does sound a little better. Let me know how that works out. I love peanut butter but I don't really just eat it although if I mixed with protein powder I think i would let myself. I am was laughing so hard at the comments about post leg workout as I literally just did one and walked away looking like an idiot. I tripped a couple of times and yes I have a strong suspicion I will be feeling it everytime I need to get up or sit down tomorrow. I love those Chickpea cutlets they are so tasty for how quick and easy they are. I try to avoid gluten though so I only usually make them for a holiday or some treat meal. But they are great! I love roasted cauliflower too!

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 6:47 pm 
Stegosaurus

Ok I couldn't wait I tried it myself. I mixed 2 parts peanut butter to 1 part chocolate sun warrior. Then added Vanilla Hemp Milk, just enough to blend and a drizzle of Agave. IT is VERY GOOD! Thanks for this great idea!!

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 9:53 pm 
Stegosaurus

Glad it worked out! I'm eating mine right now with that ratio with a bit of brown rice syrup - yum! I adore peanut butter and usually let myself have a tbsp a day or so. If I don't then I end up binging on it pretty hard core.

Are you sensitive to gluten? I know I probably shouldn't eat very much of it, but I love seitan that I can't help myself from having it every 2 weeks or so.

Hope your legs aren't too bad tomorrow! I think I might have a bath tonight to try and loosen mine up, they feel sooo tight right now.

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 12:04 pm 
Stegosaurus

I'll have to try it with the brown rice syrup. I usually do agave just cuz it is thinner. Brown rice syrup I find so sticky and sometime challenging to work with. Although obviously I would just be stirring in this case. I saw in your hobbies post that you scrapbook. I do too. It is hard to find the time but when I do I really enjoy it. If you can save programs, invitation etc. from your wedding. I made a great scrapbook out of that and i am so happy everytime I look at it. I did that same for our honeymoon too. My legs are ok today not great but better than I expected them to be. I don't actually get sick from eating gluten as I will occasionally have seiten but I definitely feel better when I don't eat it. It makes me tired mostly. I also try to eat things that are a healthier than that usually. But it is a tasty treat.

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 3:51 pm 
Stegosaurus

Yeah, I usually use agave for things like that too but I'm out and all I had was the brown rice syrup.

Glad your legs aren't too bad today. Mine are a lot better than I thought they would be, I think the hot bath really helped.

Thanks for the ideas about the wedding scrapbook, I never thought to save invites and all of that, I'll have to stow some away.

Thursday, May 7th:

Weights: Vertical Push/Pull & Abs

Negative Chins:
BW x 5
BW x 5
BW x 5
BW x 4 (the last couple of sets sucked...man I'm weak)

Lat Pulldown:
60 lbs x 8
60 lbs x 8
60 lbs x 8

Military Press:
25 lbs x 5
30 lbs x 5
35 lbs x 5
35 lbs x 5
35 lbs x 5

Lateral Raises:
8 lbs x 8
8 lbs x 8
8 lbs x 8

Yay..I could actually see arm muscles when doing these!

Weighted Swiss Ball Crunches:
25 lbs x 12
25 lbs x 12
25 lbs x 12

Cardio: I was supposed to do HIIT but I think my legs are being overtrained. Days where I don't do a lower body workout I am either doing HIIT or running. I'm going to try moving HIIT to lower body days so they can have more of a rest.

60 min. yoga class tonight

Diet:
Pre-workout: banana
Post-workout: rice cakes with protein powder and molasses (made a paste out of protein powder, molasses, and a little bit of water...spread that on rice cakes..worked out surprisingly well)
Lunch: leftover chickpea cutlets, brussel sprouts, and cauliflower
Snack: apple, rice cake
Supper: bbq tofu with mixed greens and grilled bell pepper, strawberries for dessert

Cals 1514
Fat (g) 27.2
Carbs (g) 226.2
Prot (g) 110.2

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 9:55 pm 
Stegosaurus

I literally just kept a box and saved one or two of everything and the album came out well this way. It doesn't have many pictures at all because we have our proper wedding album as well as a ton of photos that people took and gave to us but it is nice to have an organized book of things like the announcements in the paper, to invitations, programs, etc. I am glad I did it because I spent a lot of time picking these things out and somewhere down the line it will be nice to have a rememberance of them. My husband sometimes asks me now when we go somewhere if I want thing for my scrapbook. I save some things from vacation etc that can end up using as backgrounds for pages like maps etc.

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 11:38 pm 
Gorilla

Quote:
Pre-workout: banana
Post-workout: rice cakes with protein powder and molasses (made a paste out of protein powder, molasses, and a little bit of water...spread that on rice cakes..worked out surprisingly well)
Lunch: leftover chickpea cutlets, brussel sprouts, and cauliflower
Snack: apple, rice cake
Supper: bbq tofu with mixed greens and grilled bell pepper, strawberries for dessert

That spread for the rice cakes looks nice and sweet, will add that to my list of meal ideas that I have.
BBQ tofu is awesome - you've got a good meal set out too :)

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 5:33 pm 
Stegosaurus

Thanks! Glad you like the idea for the rice cake spread thing...it worked out great. If I had agave I would probably use that for the sweetener but I'm out right now. Let me know how it works out for you.

Friday, May 8th:

Weights: None

Cardio: I was supposed to go for an outside run this morning but I woke up to SNOW!!! So I went to the gym instead and did 10 k on the stationary bike and 15 min. on the elliptical for about 40 min. total.

Diet:
Breakfast (after cardio): oatmeal with blueberries, protein powder, and a tiny bit of maple syrup
Snack: banana
Lunch: whole wheat pita with veggies and hummus
Supper: a tex-mex skillet thing I threw together (brown rice, refried beans, onion, corn kernels, bell peppers, chili peppers, spices, salsa, and some nutritional yeast cheez sauce)
Snack: strawberries

Cals 1558
Fat (g) 24.2
Carbs (g) 270.5
Prot (g) 83.1

Fats are a little low for me...I suppose it's because I didn't have my peanut butter dose for today. Oh well.

Weight this morning: 152.5 lbs. Yeah I wasn't happy. I weighed myself against my better judgment...I've been feeling pretty bloated the last few days (and it's not even around the time when I'm supposed to be bloated) so I figured my weight would be up. Upon seeing that number of course a bunch of negative past feelings came up that I won't really get into. But when doing my cardio my head cleared a little and I'm determined to have a healthy relationship with my body. So take that scale. 8)

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 5:38 pm 
Elephant

Damn, girl, your food looks great for today.

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 5:39 pm 
Stegosaurus

Thanks! I enjoyed it immensely. :D

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 9:34 pm 
Stegosaurus

Like your logs title take it easy on yourself with the scale thing as your just getting back into it. Sure you could cut weight fast if you really wanted to but it wouldn't be pleasant, probably not sustainable and not the healthiest thing either. You will get where you need to be. Your eating well and exercising. It will work itself out. Don't put too much emphasis on the actual weight either. In my opinion how you feel in your body should be more important.

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 10:31 pm 
Stegosaurus

Thanks. I agree with you. The number on the scale is just that...weight. It doesn't tell you what's fat, muscle, water, etc. I feel good, my clothes are fitting well and I'm being consistent with my routine. Or at least that's the pep talk I've been giving myself all day.

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 11:04 pm 
Elephant

Hey try this:
Salt free rice cake
hummus
avocado slice
sprouts

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 1:17 pm 
Stegosaurus

Oooh that sounds so good! I'll have to have it without the avocado though, it makes me quite ill. Which is sad because I love it so much...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1204 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 81  Next