Lobsteriffic's Training Log - Oct. 31st Marathon Here I Come

Yeah, I usually use agave for things like that too but I'm out and all I had was the brown rice syrup.

Glad your legs aren't too bad today. Mine are a lot better than I thought they would be, I think the hot bath really helped.

Thanks for the ideas about the wedding scrapbook, I never thought to save invites and all of that, I'll have to stow some away.

Thursday, May 7th:

Weights: Vertical Push/Pull & Abs

Negative Chins:

BW x 5

BW x 5

BW x 5

BW x 4 (the last couple of sets sucked...man I'm weak)

Lat Pulldown:

60 lbs x 8

60 lbs x 8

60 lbs x 8

Military Press:

25 lbs x 5

30 lbs x 5

35 lbs x 5

35 lbs x 5

35 lbs x 5

Lateral Raises:

8 lbs x 8

8 lbs x 8

8 lbs x 8

Yay..I could actually see arm muscles when doing these!

Weighted Swiss Ball Crunches:

25 lbs x 12

25 lbs x 12

25 lbs x 12

Cardio: I was supposed to do HIIT but I think my legs are being overtrained. Days where I don't do a lower body workout I am either doing HIIT or running. I'm going to try moving HIIT to lower body days so they can have more of a rest.

60 min. yoga class tonight

Diet:

Pre-workout: banana

Post-workout: rice cakes with protein powder and molasses (made a paste out of protein powder, molasses, and a little bit of water...spread that on rice cakes..worked out surprisingly well)

Lunch: leftover chickpea cutlets, brussel sprouts, and cauliflower

Snack: apple, rice cake

Supper: bbq tofu with mixed greens and grilled bell pepper, strawberries for dessert

Snack: peanut butter and protein powder

Cals 1514

Fat (g) 27.2

Carbs (g) 226.2

Prot (g) 110.2

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I literally just kept a box and saved one or two of everything and the album came out well this way. It doesn't have many pictures at all because we have our proper wedding album as well as a ton of photos that people took and gave to us but it is nice to have an organized book of things like the announcements in the paper, to invitations, programs, etc. I am glad I did it because I spent a lot of time picking these things out and somewhere down the line it will be nice to have a rememberance of them. My husband sometimes asks me now when we go somewhere if I want thing for my scrapbook. I save some things from vacation etc that can end up using as backgrounds for pages like maps etc.

Post-workout: rice cakes with protein powder and molasses (made a paste out of protein powder, molasses, and a little bit of water...spread that on rice cakes..worked out surprisingly well)

Lunch: leftover chickpea cutlets, brussel sprouts, and cauliflower

Snack: apple, rice cake

Supper: bbq tofu with mixed greens and grilled bell pepper, strawberries for dessert

Snack: peanut butter and protein powder

That spread for the rice cakes looks nice and sweet, will add that to my list of meal ideas that I have.

BBQ tofu is awesome - you've got a good meal set out too

Thanks! Glad you like the idea for the rice cake spread thing...it worked out great. If I had agave I would probably use that for the sweetener but I'm out right now. Let me know how it works out for you.

Friday, May 8th:

Weights: None

Cardio: I was supposed to go for an outside run this morning but I woke up to SNOW!!! So I went to the gym instead and did 10 k on the stationary bike and 15 min. on the elliptical for about 40 min. total.

Diet:

Breakfast (after cardio): oatmeal with blueberries, protein powder, and a tiny bit of maple syrup

Snack: banana

Lunch: whole wheat pita with veggies and hummus

Supper: a tex-mex skillet thing I threw together (brown rice, refried beans, onion, corn kernels, bell peppers, chili peppers, spices, salsa, and some nutritional yeast cheez sauce)

Snack: strawberries

Cals 1558

Fat (g) 24.2

Carbs (g) 270.5

Prot (g) 83.1

Fats are a little low for me...I suppose it's because I didn't have my peanut butter dose for today. Oh well.

Weight this morning: 152.5 lbs. Yeah I wasn't happy. I weighed myself against my better judgment...I've been feeling pretty bloated the last few days (and it's not even around the time when I'm supposed to be bloated) so I figured my weight would be up. Upon seeing that number of course a bunch of negative past feelings came up that I won't really get into. But when doing my cardio my head cleared a little and I'm determined to have a healthy relationship with my body. So take that scale.

Like your logs title take it easy on yourself with the scale thing as your just getting back into it. Sure you could cut weight fast if you really wanted to but it wouldn't be pleasant, probably not sustainable and not the healthiest thing either. You will get where you need to be. Your eating well and exercising. It will work itself out. Don't put too much emphasis on the actual weight either. In my opinion how you feel in your body should be more important.

Thanks. I agree with you. The number on the scale is just that...weight. It doesn't tell you what's fat, muscle, water, etc. I feel good, my clothes are fitting well and I'm being consistent with my routine. Or at least that's the pep talk I've been giving myself all day.

Thanks. I agree with you. The number on the scale is just that...weight. It doesn't tell you what's fat, muscle, water, etc. I feel good, my clothes are fitting well and I'm being consistent with my routine. Or at least that's the pep talk I've been giving myself all day.

Good make it your daily mantra. If you clothes are fitting well and your doing the work diet and exercise wise you will get there. Seriously on the weight thing. I am five six and weigh 135. When people see me they never believe I weigh that much thinking I am around 120. But the muscle I have put on makes me heavier on the scale. I actually have an ironman scale that measures how much of your weight is muscle, water , fat etc. They can be expensive but maybe you can get it as a wedding present or something. I got it as a birthday present. I think it is around 100 USD. My fat tends to fall between 15 - 20 percent so I don't let the fact that I am 135 bother me because I know I am a healthy 135 and for me to get lighter I would have to cut muscle. Of course I could cut some fat too but since I am not bodybuilding I don't really worry about it. I think your doing great.

Thanks MaryStella - you're so supportive!

Saturday, May 9th:

Weights: Hams Dominant/Quad Accessory & Triceps

RDL's:

45 lbs x 10

75 lbs x 5

80 lbs x 5

85 lbs x 5

85 lbs x 5

85 lbs x 5

Good Mornings:

45 lbs x 10

75 lbs x 8

75 lbs x 8

80 lbs x 8

Static DB Lunge:

22.5 lbs x 12

22.5 lbs x 12

22.5 lbs x 12

Assisted Dips:

50 lbs x 5

50 lbs x 5

50 lbs x 5

40 lbs x 5

40 lbs x 5

Cable Pressdown:

50 lbs x 8

50 lbs x 8

50 lbs x 8

Cardio: HIIT on stationary bike - did 8 intervals at 30 sec., followed by 60 sec. rest

Diet:

Post-workout: protein powder & soymilk, 3 rice cakes

Lunch: grilled tofu over salad with dressing; pear

Supper: pizza with this cauliflower crust I've been experimenting with (not quite there yet, when I get it perfect so I'll blog about it and post the recipe); pear

Snack: peanut butter

Cals 1644

Fat (g) 55.1

Carbs (g) 213.2

Prot (g) 92.7

It's an Atkins recipe that calls for riced cauliflower, an egg, and 1 cup of mozza cheese, and some seasonings (oregano, basil, etc). I've been trying to recreate it with the cauliflower and flax. Still fiddling around with it. It tastes good, it just doesn't hold together very well.

I love cauliflower too! I've been known to roast whole heads of it and eat the entire batch....

I have also roasted and eaten entire heads of cauliflower! Have you tried using Ener-G egg replacer instead of the flax? I find it works more consistently for me in baking than the flax does. It is a powder. I get it right at my grocery store.

I've tried a variety of things. None overly successful. My thoughts are mashed potato would work but the whole point of using cauliflower is that it's low carb....You're right though, I should try Ener-G. Maybe for my next experiment I'll play around with that.

Sunday, May 10th:

Rest day! Did some housework and that's about it.

Diet:

Breakfast: oatmeal with protein powder, a wee bit of maple syrup and blueberries

Lunch: grilled tofu over salad with dressing and mixed sprouts, pear

Snack: bit of cornbread

Supper: veggie chili, strawberries for dessert

Snack: peanut butter

Cals 1588

Fat (g) 41.7

Carbs (g) 219.9

Prot (g) 98.8

Hmm, diet is really low on veggies today. I'll have to make up for that tomorrow.

If you try it let me know how it goes. I don't believe in the whole low carb thingfor myself. I believe it is about eating the right kind of carbs. I know you can cut weight fast lowering carbs but it usually makes me really cranky, which I just don't think can be good for the body so I try to make sure my carbs are from natural sources and then I don't worry about it. To me eating something in it's natural state like a potato (or a sweet potato, yam, fruit, etc.) is so much better for you than eating refined carbs. I just can't believe a potato is bad for you. It's a vegetable.I didn't realize you were doing the low carb thing. Do you think it works for you?

Sorry - I should have clarified, I LOVE carbs! 99% of the time I'm well over 200 g for the day, which I don't think anyone would count as low. When I was vegetarian I tried carb cycling, and on my low carb days (~50 g) I felt horrid. I don't think mashed potato would be all that bad for you at all, I was just saying that it is kind of ironic to add mashed potato to an Atkins recipe.

I'll give it a try this week and see how it turns out. An all-veggie pizza crust would be awesome!

Monday, May 11th:

Weights:

Rack Pulls:

45 lbs x 10

85 lbs x 5

85 lbs x 5

90 lbs x 5

90 lbs x 5

95 lbs x 5

Barbell Rows:

40 lbs x 8

40 lbs x 8

45 lbs x 8 (form a bit off)

Bench Press:

45 lbs x 5

60 lbs x 5

60 lbs x 5

60 lbs x 5

60 lbs x 5

60 lbs x 5

Flat Flys:

15 lbs x 8

15 lbs x 8

15 lbs x 8

Weighted Swiss Ball Crunches:

25 lbs x 12

25 lbs x 12

25 lbs x 10 (spaced out and forgot I was supposed to do 12...)

Today was weird at the gym. A lot of the early morning regulars were missing and there quite a few newbies. However, a lot of these newbies all had HORRIBLE form. Like really, really bad. This one dude kept lifting way too much weight and grunting and groaning and huffing and puffing so the whole gym could hear him. I really don't get the people that load on the weight and then compromise form. Like this one woman who squats a plate a side, but she's about 6" above parallel...sure my squat weight sucks, but at least I get down low enough that the movement is actually doing something for me....

Okay, end of rant.

Cardio: None. I'm going to try out HIIT two times a week and steady state two times a week and see how that goes. Doing cardio 6x a week just wasn't working for me.

60 min. yoga class this evening.

Diet:

Post-workout: protein powder, a bit of maple syrup, rice cakes

Snack: pear

Lunch: leftover chili, apple

Snack: banana

Supper: grilled tofu over salad with dressing and mixed sprouts

Snack: peanut butter, protein powder, and a bit of maple syrup

Cals 1554

Fat (g) 38.6

Carbs (g) 227.6

Prot (g) 93.1

Bah, still low on veggies. I just haven't really been feeling the veggie love the last couple of days...

Oh thanks for clarifying. I didn't mean to sound preachy. Low carb diets are a touchy subject with me. Most people I have meet that are on them are not justoverweight, they are obese and it really makes me sad to see them eating that way instead of any actual healthy diet. anyway I am going to try to PM those recipes to you tonight.

RDL's:

45 lbs x 10

75 lbs x 5

80 lbs x 5

85 lbs x 5

85 lbs x 5

85 lbs x 5

Good Mornings:

45 lbs x 10

75 lbs x 8

75 lbs x 8

80 lbs x 8

69 reps of RDL's and GM's and your lowerback is ok?

My husbands birthday is on friday and he wants the chickpea cutlets for his dinner. We haven't had those since new years eve. He really likes them and he doesn't eat cake or anything like that so I will make those for him. Not sure what I will make with them yet. Last time I think I made them with mashed parsnips, Roasted Broccoli and the Peanut butter eggplant soup from veganomicon.