Protein Fudge

joelk

I've been making this protein fudge for a while now, I adapted it from a recipe I once found that used whey protein and a lot of oatmeal amongst other things I didn't want to use- so essentially it is nothing like that one, it just kind of spurred the idea.

There are a lot of different ingredients I have tried but I'll just write the basic one I use.

50g Protein powder - I originally used NitroFusion but SunWarrior is a lot nicer

25g Cocoa powder

25g Almond Meal

15g Dessicated coconut

2 Tablespoons ABC Spread (Almond, Brazil, Cashew) Almond butter would do, I have since started using the Chocolate Coconut Butter

Basically just mix the dry ingredients together in a bowl and then start adding water gradually until it all binds and won't stick to the side of the mixing bowl. Pop it in the fridge or you can just eat as is.

I generally get 4-5 serves out of it.

It's good as a treat because of the calorie content

Just worked out the nutrition info using rice protein and what I came up with was-

Total for recipe:

720 calories

51 g protein

48 g carb

41 g fat (8.9 sat)

Does that sound about right?

Might be as much as 5g of protein in the almonds

Fudge is usually milk/cream and sugar...

Anyway I just made these with soy protein isolate instead of sun warrior and peanut butter instead of ABC. I haven't tasted it yet but it seems awesome. I don't have a scale so I kind of guessed the amounts but it really looks good.

I think you can do a nice variety of different flavours with these. Vanilla protein powder and some vanilla flavoured shit (real deal or some fake chemical), replace some of the water with coffee and maybe add some mint flavour...the possibilities are there. And of course the PB I added will def give another taste than the original recipe.

I didn't want to add mint or coffee because I'm not sure how well it goes with the PB (and we don't have any other nut butters that I can afford) but I will test next time.

Fudge is usually milk/cream and sugar...

Yeah usually it is, I just call it fudge because it has the same sort of consistency without the added sugar.

Thanks for this! I want to try out a version with chocolate protein powder and peanut butter....yum!

That sounds like the recipe Sosso gave for the protein bars... now they're delicious!!

Just worked out the nutrition info using rice protein and what I came up with was-

Total for recipe:

720 calories

51 g protein

48 g carb

41 g fat (8.9 sat)

Does that sound about right?

Thanks for that mate, I have never really measured the macronutrients of it, I just kind of eat it as a treat and not think too much about the protein or other calories

With soy protein isolate, PB and about 1,75 dl of water per batch 100 grams of fudge gives:

208 kcal

19 grams of protein 30%

11 grams of carbs 14%

14 grams of fat 56%

6 grams of dietary fiber

Johan, that picture is awesome