Re-gaining control. It's on like Donkey Kong

it is exciting and scary all at once!

I took some photos today, I need to take some better one's though from farther away so it doesn't look like I'm taking the photo from above me (the hubby is a bit taller than I am)

http://i40.tinypic.com/243rog0.jpg

http://i39.tinypic.com/ztg1eh.jpg

http://i43.tinypic.com/10s909d.jpg

really the last one is just goofy

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be heading to the gym earlier today ( I'd still rather do it early early morning) I'm heading to Florida for a wedding this afternoon. a lot of crap to get done today. We put in an official offer on the house and now we just wait to see if she takes the offer. The longest freakin' wait ever!

Still need to get a new photo. went to my training session today. we tried to do a bit of arm stuff, the shoulder is still an issue!!!! I am making an appointment again and TELLING them I want an MRI of my shoulder! I know something is wrong since it has not improved since September!!

That is pretty standard procedure both for health reasons and insurance companies trying to avoid paying out more money. If you got to a sports medicine doctor with an orthopedic issue you will get an x-ray, some anti-inflammatory drugs and then be given at least a month of physical therapy. You might get more than one round of PT. At some point you have to politely point out that you aren't getting better and keep asking for an MRI until you get one.

It can take more than a month to schedule a surgery. Shoulder surgeries take a long time to recover from. Do not count on being able to go back to the things you like for the better part of a year. Healing and rehab are slow.

You will get there. Just find a way to control your fitness as much as you can without using your shoulder, accept it as a temporary set back, be chill, be patient, be persistent and enjoy the other parts of your life.

Just read through your whole log. I am suffering from a shoulder injury too for so long now. I am so glad I got an MRI because I have 3 tears in my shoulder that I am having surgically repaired. I did the song and dance routine just like you where I rehabbed it forever before getting my MRI. Hope you can get it and nothing too bad turns up on it. Online I bought an Ice pack that you can strap onto your shoulder and keep completely mobile while using it. It would help with the inflammation you have from the tendonitis. Good luck!

!

When it comes to current and post-rehab make sure you do your exercises and stretch every single day!! The ones who recover on time and before time are the ones determined to get better and do their at-home exercises and stretches!!!!!!!!

The ones who whine about having surgeries and not recovering are the ones who dont do what theyre supposed to.

When it comes to current and post-rehab make sure you do your exercises and stretch every single day!! The ones who recover on time and before time are the ones determined to get better and do their at-home exercises and stretches!!!!!!!!

The ones who whine about having surgeries and not recovering are the ones who dont do what theyre supposed to.

I agree.

Thanks guys, I have another appointment this Friday so we'll see what happens. I have been trying to do the stretches and all, unlike with my ankle injury that don't seem to help much. Neither does ice or heat really. Hopefully I can get it figured out, in the mean time I'm trying not to get frustrated with myself (which is rather hard when My mind is saying "lets go" but my body is saying "no way in hell!"

I'm done with classes, at least until nest Tuesday, so I have a bit of time to get into some kind of routine with my new diet (thanks to veggieP) and my new cardio routine (now that dance classes are over, I need to do something else)

Goals for the summer: keep up my flexibility and increase my endurance.

• 2 weeks later...

I tried some upper body arm stuff yesterday at the gym, wasn't as bad as it's been after the cortisone shot. Hopefully it keeps getting better!

in other totally awesome news. we put on offer on another house yesterday and....she excepted the offer SWEET!

thanks guys:

just getting on real quick to say that I killed it at the gym tonight, did my bf% and it was somewhere around 16.something%

I'm going to start some sprinting to get all cut up (at least in my midsection) so YEAH BUDDY!

started my sprinting yesterday..SUCKED...I hate running, but whatever it takes. my legs felt like jelly and they flipping hurt today. But the good kind of hurt.

I will be doing the sprints Monday, Wednesdays and Fridays along with forearms to keep them strong since I'm not able to do any real arms stuff with the shoulder at the moment.

Tuesdays and Thursdays are still killer gym days.

I'm seeing some serious progress since I started 2 months ago with the trainer and I still have til September with him.

http://i41.tinypic.com/334579h.jpg

after about 2 and a half weeks or so of clean eating. Abs are starting to show nicely.

I'm going to try and create a series of photos so I can see the progress.

other than that, I spent last night at the ER. about 2 weeks ago I had a really itchy rash all over my legs and arms I was put on an antibiotic. After I finished the antibiotic, what do ya know, it came back. It itches like poison ivy or insect bites, but doesn't look like them. I had two docs look at me there and they weren't sure what it was, but they put my on prednisone (they think it is an allergy to something) and an antibiotic (go figure)

I can't think of what it could be that I am allergic to if it's that, the only thing I've changed is my diet. It's all things i've eaten before i'm just now eating them more through out the day. Do you all think this could be part of it?

I'll let ya know if it clears up (I sure as hell hope it does!!)

Edited by djshrew

Hope your rash is going away! I had something similar happen to me about 2 months ago...still not sure what it was.

Your abs are looking great!!

Thanks yea I hope is goes away soon too!

i didn't do my sprints today, I will hold off on those until later in the week. It is around 90 degrees here and the meds I'm on say to avoid excessive sun exposure and heat (the meds make you incredibly nauseous!) In the gym with the trainer tomorrow though, even if the meds compromise my immune system... I am just washing and sanitizing my hands about every 5 minutes, lol)

I realized I have a pretty crappy expression on my face in that picture, oh well.

Hope you're feeling better!

P.S. I still feel bad about somehow missing your intro post a year ago and thinking I had replied to it when in fact I hadn't.......sorry again, a year later.

Be well soon.

Nice 315 on the leg press by the way!

Well done!

Robert, I forgot all about it I felt great after doing the leg press (especially when I looked at the machine as I was heading out an a big guy was using the same weight, and what?!?! lol)

I didn't get to my session last night besides the meds I had to get stitches on my leg (from a biopsy) so I need to avoid legs a bit, but tomorrow I plan on rocking the arms. It'll give me a chance to test this shoulder situation.