Courtney's Food Journal and Fitness Log

Breakfast: Mexican pizza

Best.Breakfast.Ever.

I love it! I love to eat breakfast but never have been too big on the breakfast-type foods. Most of the traditional ones either have animal products in them or don't last long in me (like toast or something).

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wednesday, May 13, 1009

Back to work today. It was so nice to have yesterday off, but it's a bummer having to work on Saturday. Oh well. I only have to do it every three weeks so I can live with that.

Breakfast: burrito

Lunch: pita with spinach, mushrooms, banana peppers, black olives, and sprouts

Dinner: vegan spring rolls, mashed sweet potato, slice of vegan bread

Exercise: 1 hour of "deskercise" and 1 hour of Wii sports (that boxing game is so fun!)

Thursday, May 14, 2009

I wish this rain would stop so I could go down to the lake and do some walking/jogging around it. I came across the neatest site yesterday called MapMyRun, which let me figure out how far it was around the lake. It's 0.98 miles, so I can gauge how far I've walked/ran! Neat!

Breakfast: soy milk, banana, 2 slices of vegan bread with Earth Balance on them

Lunch: nothing

Dinner: 3 tacos with all the toppings

Exercise: nothing today

I got sick at work and felt like crap. I had a sinus headache (probably due to the rain), was very dizzy, and was quite nauseated. So I skipped lunch. I truly didn't feel like eating. When I got home, I laid down on the couch and watched "Grease." Not a very productive day, but tomorrow should be better.

Edited by VeganGirl2006

Friday, May 15, 2009

TGIF baby! Pity I have to work tomorrow too. Oh well. I only have to work every 3rd Saturday so I can live with it. I am rather annoyed that I can't find my gym pants! I have washed all the laundry in the house. I found my gym shirt. But the pants.....they seem to be MIA! I am going to have to buy another pair so I can get my butt back to the gym. Going in black slacks or jeans won't really work.

Breakfast: organic bulghur wheat with a little soy milk and Earth Balance

Lunch: stir fry veggies

Dinner: 2 veggie dogs

Exercise: No major exercise today. Just some walking.

Edited by VeganGirl2006

I haven't been very good about writing things down, or eating well for the past few days. My husband's grandmother died Saturday night. She was 9 days away from being 97. We've been a little bogged down with funeral details and stuff.

Plus, I am having to take time off work for this, so things have been a bit hectic. I shall get myself back in gear tomorrow.

I am sorry to hear that. Sometimes in life there are more important things for us to focus on for awhile. But I know you'll do great and get right back on track.

Thanks hon. I am back on track starting today. No more eating a pint of Tofutti Almond Bark in one sitting! *LOL* (That was last night's dinner. Yeah, not the wisest choice ever.)

Thursday, May 21, 2009

I am getting myself back on track today after the insanity of this past week. I spent most of the week and previous weekend eating tons of processed stuff and even drinking highly caffeinated sodas. My body is definitely protesting all that crap! I feel like crap too.

I had an amazing health food moment last night actually. I had eaten a whole freaking pint of Tofutti Almond Bark for dinner. I also was complaining about not feeling very good. My husband (who is an omni) said, "You know honey, I really believe you do better when you're eating more healthy, whole foods. I can tell that you have more energy and are happier when you eat less processed stuff." This was the first time EVER that he's made an observation about my eating habits making an improvement that he could see was positive! I was totally stoked about that!!!!! I put down the Tofutti and decided right then to get my body back on track. I also noticed how much better I felt when I was eating less processed crap and more whole foods. I should really look for some recipes that call for less processed stuff.

I also realize that I can't let lame forms of exercise (like that "deskercize") count as exercise. I need to get out of the house and run or walk or hit the gym that I pay $24.95 a month to use! Dammit I have GOT to stop slacking!

Breakfast: leftover spaghetti (whole wheat pasta, tomato sauce, spices, TVP, and mushrooms)

Morning Snack: banana, 2 oranges

Lunch: burrito

Dinner: Mexican pizza

Exercise: 20 push-ups (the girly ones), 100 crunches

Edited by VeganGirl2006

I feel better without processed foods as well. When I go back home to visit my family I usually end up eating those packaged soy meats and I never feel as good as I do here when I am preparing my own food. Do you like to cook? http://www.vegweb.com is a great recipe resource. I also recommend Veganomicon and Vegan with a Vengeance if you're looking for cookbooks. Get it Ripe is pretty good too for unprocessed stuff.

Thursday, May 21, 2009

I am getting myself back on track today after the insanity of this past week. I spent most of the week and previous weekend eating tons of processed stuff and even drinking highly caffeinated sodas. My body is definitely protesting all that crap! I feel like crap too.

I had an amazing health food moment last night actually. I had eaten a whole freaking pint of Tofutti Almond Bark for dinner. I also was complaining about not feeling very good. My husband (who is an omni) said, "You know honey, I really believe you do better when you're eating more healthy, whole foods. I can tell that you have more energy and are happier when you eat less processed stuff." This was the first time EVER that he's made an observation about my eating habits making an improvement that he could see was positive! I was totally stoked about that!!!!! I put down the Tofutti and decided right then to get my body back on track. I also noticed how much better I felt when I was eating less processed crap and more whole foods. I should really look for some recipes that call for less processed stuff.

I also realize that I can't let lame forms of exercise (like that "deskercize") count as exercise. I need to get out of the house and run or walk or hit the gym that I pay $24.95 a month to use! Dammit I have GOT to stop slacking!

Congrats on your moment! That is sounds fantastic. I hope to keep checking you log and hearing about your progress eating and exercising. I also feel better when I don't eat process and the cookbooks that lobster recommended are some of my favs too! Good for you!

Thanks MaryStella!

This afternoon I went on Amazon and ordered "Vegan With A Vengeance" and "How It All Vegan." I can't wait for them to come! I am looking for some new recipes. Honestly, I love what I cook but it's fun to experiment and branch out to new foods. I also am getting a food processor from work. I won it! It should be here in a couple of weeks. That will be most useful!

Friday, May 22, 2009

My husband is out of town for the funeral. He is expecting to be home late tonight. It was odd falling asleep in our room with him not there last night. He spent the night at his brother's house an hour away since they had to get up early to leave this morning. I am looking forward to him getting home though.

Breakfast: leftover refried beans and TVP, salsa, green Tabasco, and lettuce

Lunch: stir fry (with water chestnuts, tofu, green beans, bamboo shoots, spinach, potatoes, and broccoli), 1 carob peanut butter cup

Dinner: 2 slices of pizza (I made homemade vegan pizza and my husband didn't know it was vegan!)

Exercise: Lots of walking while shopping today.

Edited by VeganGirl2006

Saturday, May 23, 2009

This probably wasn't the best day for food. I ate lots of processed stuff today. But once it's gone I can replace it with fresh veggies and more whole foods.

Breakfast: 2 slices of leftover pizza

Lunch: Boca burger

Dinner: 2 burritos, banana protein shake

Exercise: Nothing that can really count as exercise today.

Sunday, May 24, 2009

Today was a VERY busy day! My brother-in-law came over with his tiller! My friend Stuart and I planted a garden in the back yard. I can't wait for the veggies to start growing! It will be so cool to have fresh produce whenever I want it! It's pretty big too! We planted watermelon, cantaloupe, spinach mustard, lettuce, bell peppers, jalapeno peppers, broccoli, tomatoes, yellow squash, turnips, and zucchini. Since I've never had a garden here before I don't know what will grow so we planted a wide variety. I also planted some gladiolus bulbs in the front of my house yesterday. It was a physically exhausting day, but it is well worth it!

Breakfast: 2 veggie dogs, soy milk

Lunch: leftover pizza

Dinner: tomato soup

Exercise: 5 hours of major gardening!

Monday, May 25, 2009

Happy Memorial Day to you all. It rained last night so I am super glad we got the garden planted when we did! I am a little sore from all the gardening yesterday. I expected that though.

Breakfast: 2 veggie dogs, banana protein shake

Lunch: 2 slices of vegan pizza, 1 slice of "cheese"cake (from the "Vegan Planet" cookbook. Try it sometime! It's fantastic! My friend makes it with Stevia instead of sugar so it's really not too bad for you!)

Dinner: tomato soup, 1 slice of "cheese"cake

Exercise: was still sore from digging the garden, so I relaxed today

Edited by VeganGirl2006

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

This was my last day off from work. My happy little 5 day vacation has ended. Back to the grind tomorrow.

Breakfast: banana smoothie, veggie dog

Lunch: chips with homemade salsa and guacamole, Boca burger

Dinner: vegan lasagna, chips and salsa

Exercise: Since it was my final day of vacation, I slacked and didn't do anything except spend time with my family.

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Back to work today. Oh I wish I had another 5 days off!

Breakfast: Boca burger

Lunch: leftover lasagna, vegan bread with Earth Balance spread, raw carrots and broccoli

Dinner: stuffed acorn squash, steamed broccoli with shredded Follow Your Heart cheese on it, orange smoothie

Exercise:

Edited by VeganGirl2006