Flat Flys:

17.5 lbs x 8

17.5 lbs x 8

17.5 lbs x 8

Weighted Swiss Ball Crunches:

25 lbs x 12

25 lbs x 12

25 lbs x 12

I really had trouble dragging my butt out of bed this morning but I'm glad I did. I ended up having a pretty decent workout.

Cardio: None

Diet:

Pre-workout: banana, rice cake

Post-workout: protein powder and soy milk, rice cakes

Snack: apple

Lunch: leftover tofu and potatoes

Snack: banana, apple

Supper: chickpea broccoli casserole, asparagus

Snack: protein powder and soy milk, pear

Cals 1645

Fat (g) 21.1

Carbs (g) 289.0

Prot (g) 99.5

Edited by lobsteriffic

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks!

Wednesday, May 20th:

Weights: Quad Dominant/Ham Accessory & Biceps

Goblet Squat:

20 lbs x 8

30 lbs x 5

35 lbs x 5

35 lbs x 5

35 lbs x 5

35 lbs x 5

Thanks again for suggesting these...I was able to go down past parallel while keeping good form.

Hammer Curls (Usually I do these at the end but the leg press was being occupied):

15 lbs x 8

15 lbs x 8

15 lbs x 8

Leg Press:

140 lbs x 8

150 lbs x 8

150 lbs x 8

High Foot Leg Press:

110 x 12

110 x 12

110 x 12

Cardio: HIIT on stationary bike...did 10 30 sec. intervals (level 7 resistance) followed by 60 sec. rest. I didn't feel like I was giving it the intensity I usually do...the effort was there but my body just didn't want to cooperate. Don't get me wrong, it was still intense, just not at the level I feel like I normally am at. If that makes any sense.

I have a 90 min. bellydancing class tonight.

Diet:

Pre-workout: banana, rice cake

Post-workout: rice cakes, protein powder and soy milk and flax

Snack: pear

Lunch: leftover casserole

Snack: apple

Supper: leftover casserole, sauteed spinach

Snack: protein powder and soy milk, 1/2 tbsp peanut butter

Cals 1550

Fat (g) 21.0

Carbs (g) 270.0

Prot (g) 91.3

Fats have been a little low lately...need to bump those up. My protein is also lower than I'd like considering I lifted and did HIIT today.

Edited to add: Forgot to do my push-ups at the gym so I did Day 2 of Week 1 of the push-up program in the middle of the afternoon - 5 sets: 3, 4, 2, 3, 4....it's sad how hard those were.

Edited by lobsteriffic

I found this one hundred push-ups program. I can barely do 3 push-ups so I wanted to start trying it out.

I love how you're so consistent with your training journal. And organizing your food.

Three push up's is a great start

But I believe you can do more.

I always like to tell myself that my mind is the strongest part on my body.

Think happy thoughts and fly away.

You can do it !

I followed the recipe. It was alright. I didn't think it was as amazing as everyone seems to say it is, but on the other hand it wasn't bad either. I honestly don't know if I would make it again. Maybe. I think it would be good with some nutritional yeast in there. But I think EVERYTHING would be better with nutritional yeast.

Thursday, May 21st:

Weights: None

Cardio: It's still freezing here so I went to the gym for my cardio. I did 15 min. on the treadmill and 15 min. on the bike followed by stretching. Not the most intense workout. My right ankle is bothering me a little bit...not sure what I did to it.

I have a 60 min. yoga class tonight.

Diet:

Pre-workout: banana

Post-workout: oatmeal with blueberries, protein powder, flax, and a bit of maple syrup

Lunch: leftover casserole, leftover corn, pear

Supper: eggplant paprikash with tofu, roasted cauliflower

Snack: mango

Cals 1560

Fat (g) 31.1

Carbs (g) 261.8

Prot (g) 86.4

I haven't been eating enough greens/salad the last couple of days. Usually that's what I have for lunch but I've been eating leftovers instead. Need to get back on that.

There's one in the Uncheese cookbook I've been meaning to try.

I always have to put it on my serving separately because my fiance is allergic to nuts. They can be in the house, he just can't have any. But he would rather use real parmesan anyway so it's no big deal really.

My experience with the Uncheese cookbook is recipes are either REALLY good or REALLY bad...no in between! But I've only made about 15 or so things out of there. If you do get a chance to check it out I would recommend the smoked crock cheez, gee whiz spread, the French onion soup gruyere, the chedda fondue, baked stuffed shells, and the gooey grilled cheez.

Friday, May 22nd:

Weights: Vertical Push/Pull & Abs

Negative Chins:

BW x 5

BW x 5

BW x 5

BW x 5

BW x 5

Lat Pulldown:

60 lbs x 8

60 lbs x 8

60 lbs x 8

Military Press:

40 lbs x 5

40 lbs x 5

40 lbs x 5

40 lbs x 4

40 lbs x 4

Lateral Raises:

8 lbs x 8

8 lbs x 8

8 lbs x 8

Weighted Swiss Ball Crunches:

25 lbs x 12

25 lbs x 12

25 lbs x 12

Cardio: None

Diet:

Pre-workout: rice cake

Post-workout: rice cakes, protein powder and soy milk

Snack: pear

Lunch: leftover paprikash, salad with tofu and dressing, 3 dates

Snack: 2 dates

Supper: baked chimichanga, pear for dessert

Snack: zucchini "chips"

Cals 1765

Fat (g) 34.8

Carbs (g) 312.1

Prot (g) 81.3

The dates were unplanned and put me above where my daily cals have been for the last couple of weeks (1500-1600). I am kind of proud of myself though. Previously when I was restricting food, if I ate something "off plan" I would go have a monster binge. Today I just kept eating like normal and told myself there was no way I should feel bad about it, as these cals are probably still under maintenance and it's all healthy food. Old habits are hard to kick but it seems like I am actually getting close to a normal healthy relationship with food.

Weight this morning was 147. I am down 0.5 lbs since last Saturday. Not much but I'll take it.

Yes the chimichanga sounds really good, in fact that is what we are planning on making tomorrow night!!!!! Workouts looks great keep up the good job!!! That weight will start coming off!!! I need to adjust my diet some more, so I can drop some BF!!!! Anyway keep up the great work!!!

Interesting website. I never was much of a potato chip person myself but let me know how they turn out. I will tell you if you haven't tried roasted chickpeas I rather like them. I make this mix with roasted chickpeas, toasted almonds and pistachios and it is so good my husband & I eat it by the handful everytime I make it. I have even made it as a holiday gift for others because they love it too! If your interested I will send you the recipe. It is very easy to make but hard not too keep eating! I might try the roasted chickpea recipes that were on that site although I think I like them being just part of the mix instead of the only thing your eating.

I LOVE roasted chickpeas! But I've never had them in a mix like you describe...it sound delicious though!

The zucchini things turned out alright. She was right, there is a fine line between crispy and burnt. I don't know if I would make them again. Like you I'm not much of a chip person.