EliteDad's Training & Diet Journal

Here we go as promised, so everyone can help me out and help me make it better!!!

We will start with what I eat:

6:30a.m.: 4 egg whites with diced red and green peppers and onions, 1/4 cup of oatmeal with 1 tsp honey, 1 bannana

9:00a.m.: celery stalks, with 1tsp Natural PB, tofurkey deli slices and tofu hot pepper cheese in a multigrain wrap, 1 orange

12:00p.m.: medium salad with natural sunflower seeds, green peppers with dressing consisting of (honey, Braggs appler cider vinegar, Braggs amino acids, and olive oil) homemade bean soup with several different kinds of organic beans and organic tomatoes

3:00p.m.: preworkout, 1 apple

4:30p.m.: post workout shake, made with Dymatize elite whey till it is gone

7:00p.m.: usually brown rice and a vegetable stirfry

I also sometimes for breakfast use my elite whey, mix with it 1 cup oatmeal, 1 cup of natural applesauce, and 1/2 cup apple juice blended together!!! I just have a question is the Dymatize elite whey going to hurt me??? till I get some of the rice whey or Hemp whey??

workout looks like this:I usually do 1 week heavy weights and 1 week light weights, as well as on tuesdays and thursdays we do a 30 minute ab class after weights:

Mondays: BI'S & TRI'S:

Skullcrushers 5 sets

Close Grip Bench: 5 sets

Tricep Rope Pushdowns: 5 sets

E-Z Bar Preacher curls: 5 sets

At. Hammer DB Curls: 5 sets

2 arm High Cable Curls: 5 sets

Tuesdays: SHOULDERS:

Smith Machine Overhead Press: 5 sets

Side DB Lat Raises: 5 sets

DB Front Raises: 5 sets

Smith Shrugs: 5 sets

Wednesdays: LEGS:

Smith Machine Squats: 5 sets

Leg Extensions: 5 sets

Leg Curls: 5 sets

Calf Raises: 5 sets

Thursdays: BACK

Close Grip Pulldowns: 5 sets

BentOver BB Rows: 5 sets

Pullups: 5 sets

High Lat Row Machine: 5 sets

Friday: CHEST:

Flat Bench DB Press: 5 sets

Incline Press: 5 sets

Decline Bench Press: 5 sets

Peck Deck: 5 sets

usually strt each workout with 10 minutes on the Bike, and after each workout another 30 minutes on the bike or crossramp, and even the STairmasters!!! So there it is let me know what you all think, will start posting workouts on Monday!!!

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok so I have been reading alot of journals and logs on the site and it seems to me that I am eating way too much?? I am already cut out the eggs no more of them for me as well, that was the only other thing besides the whey protein that I was having a hard time of giving up, hopefully everyone will give me their insite on my routines?? Thanks for everyones help!!

Diet and workout looks pretty good. I've never used whey so I can't really answer your question on that. I really like VEGA if your looking for something to replace it with. Also Sun Warrior rice protein is pretty good too. If your trying to go vegan (not sure if you are or not) you can replace the egg white breakfast with a tofu scramble. Basically scrambled tofu with spices and veggies. It looks a lot like eggs. Still good protein content. If you want to give a shot let me know and i will send a recipe.

I dont think the whey will hurt you, but it wont give you an advantage either. I used to get massive headaches from whey when I would take in 300-400g a day. Just felt like it was drying my brain out. Never felt like that on plant-based protein. Glad to see you are starting a journal.

Thanks you two, Yes I am trying to go completely VEGAN, used my last eggs yesterday, and like I said the only thing I will be using now that I am not sure about is the Whewy Protein, When is is gone I am going to order some of the Sun Warrior Ptrotein from the Vegan Bros in arms!!! Also just not loosing the gut like I want, but I guess that will come!!

I am Loving this new life style, and will start the official LOG tomorrow!!! So like I said, any critizisim is appreciated!!!

Ok you all here is day #1 Enjoy the journey with me!!! I am wanting to build some major muscles as well as drop some body fat!!!!! SOOO Here we gooooo!!!:

Today's diet was this:

6:00a.m. 1/4 cup oatmeal fixed in water with 1 tsp of Honey, 2 slices of fresh pineapple, 1 cup of frozen mixed berries, 1 apple

9:00a.m.: 1tsp Nat PB with 10 pieces of Celery, 8 red radishes, 1/2 cup brown rice, 1/2 of a protein bar

12:00p.m.: salad with my dressing ( 1tsp honey,1tsp olive oile, 2tsp braggs Cider Vinegar, 1tsp Braggs amino acids) my 4 bean soup!!!

3:00p.m.: 1 bananna before my workout

5:00p.m.: post workout shake, and a couple pieces of watermelon

7:00p.m.: bean burger, and steamed greenbeans

TRI'S & BI'S!!!!!

Started with 10 minutes on the Bike, Then:

SkullCrushers:

1 x 12 @ 50lbs

1 x 10 @ 50lbs

1 x 8 @ 60lbs

1 x 8 @ 60lbs

1 x 5 @ 70lbs

Close Grip Bench Press:

1 x 12 @ 50lbs

1 x 10 @ 50lbs

1 x 8 @ 60lbs

1 x 8 @ 60lbs

1 x 5 @ 70lbs

Tri Rope Pushdowns:

1 x 12 @ 40lbs

1 x 10 @ 40lbs

1 x 8 @ 40lbs

1 x 8 @ 50lbs

1 x 5 @ 50lbs

DB Tri Overhead Press:

1 x 12 @ 45lbs

1 x 10 @ 45lbs

1 x 8 @ 55lbs

1 x 8 @ 55lbs

1 x 5 @ 60lbs

E-Z Bar Preacher Curls:

1 x 12 @ 50lbs

1 x 10 @ 50lbs

1 x 8 @ 60lbs

1 x 8 @ 60lbs

1 x 5 @ 70lbs

DB Hammer Curls:

1 x 12 @ 25lbs

1 x 10 @ 25lbs

1 x 8 @ 30lbs

1 x 8 @ 30lbs

1 x 5 @ 35lbs

2 Arm High Cable Curls:

1 x 12 @ 20lbs

1 x 10 @ 20lbs

1 x 8 @ 25lbs

1 x 8 @ 30lbs

1 x 3 @ 35lbs

Then I did another 20 minutes on the Bike: set on hills, level 10!!!

Nice Work

Thanks!!!

Today's diet looked like this:

6:00a.m.:1/4 cup cooked oatmeal mixed in water, 1 cup mixed berries, 1 bannana

9:00a.m.: 6 pieces of celery with 1 tsp natty PB, 1 cup brown rice mixed with steamed veggies, 1/2 protein bar

11:30a.m.: salad with red peppers, sunflower seeds, and my dressing, 1 cup of my bean soup

3:00p.m.: (preworkout)1 bannana, other half of protein bar

5:00p.m.: post workout shake

6:30p.m.: 2 bean burritos, salad

Today was SHOULDERS!!!!

Started with 10 minutes on the Bike, then:

Smith Machine seated front Press:

1 x 12 @ 85lbs

1 x 10 @ 105lbs

1 x 8 @ 105lbs

1 x 8 @ 125lbs

1 x 5 @ 135lbs<--NEW PR!!!

Side Lat Machine:

1 x 12 @ 60lbs

1 x 10 @ 60lbs

1 x 8 @ 70lbs

1 x 8 @ 80lbs

1 x 5 @ 85lbs<--NEW PR!!!

DB Front Raises:

1 x 12 @ 15lbs

1 x 10 @ 15lbs

1 x 8 @ 20lbs

1 x 8 @ 20lbs

1 x 5 @ 25lbs

Smith Machine Shrugs:

1 x 12 @ 265lbs

1 x 10 @ 285lbs

1 x 8 @ 305lbs

1 x 8 @ 305lbs

1 x 6 @ 325lbs<--NEW PR!!!

then was supposed to do a 30 minute ab class, but it got cancelled, so did another 25 minutes on the Bike ( Hills, level 10)!!!!

Congrats on the PR's! Your diet looks great!

Thanks girl I appreciate it, so the diet is good??? I have been trying different things, and now have cut out the eggs for the past 4 days, now the only thing left to cut out is the cottage cheese, and my whey protein!!!

1 serving protein powder Pre-workout and 2 servings Post-workout. Who the hell eats celery anymore? Lol I cant stand the taste. 1/4cup of oats not enough to start your day unless you competing in a BBing contest! Id go for at least 1/2 - a full cup.

Workouts seems decent. Id recommend you combine your shoulders with legs. You shouldnt have just a shoulder day IMO. Waste of time. My shoulders fucking rock when pumped and I never have a full workout dedicated to them. 5 sets a good rule to have on workouts. I like that.

1 serving protein powder Pre-workout and 2 servings Post-workout. Who the hell eats celery anymore? Lol I cant stand the taste. 1/4cup of oats not enough to start your day unless you competing in a BBing contest! Id go for at least 1/2 - a full cup.

Workouts seems decent. Id recommend you combine your shoulders with legs. You shouldnt have just a shoulder day IMO. Waste of time. My shoulders fucking rock when pumped and I never have a full workout dedicated to them. 5 sets a good rule to have on workouts. I like that.

Thanks man I appreciate it, I just picked me up a 2lb jug of choclate Brown rice protein today at the health food store, till I get somw ordered off here!!! I have been pretty hungry after just a 1/4 cup of oatmel, so I am bumping it up tomorrow to 3/4 cup!!!

I will also consider putting legs and shoulders together, what about shoulders and back together??? That is what I used to do???

Anyway today was one of my favorites!!! LEGS!!!!

Started with 10 minutes on the bike, then:

Smith Machine Squats:

1 x 12 @ 215lbs

1 x 10 @ 215lbs

1 x 8 @ 265lbs

1 x 8 @ 265lbs

1 x 5 @ 305lbs

1 x 5 @ 305lbs<--NEW PR!!!

Leg Extensions:

1 x 12 @ 170lbs

1 x 10 @ 190lbs

1 x 8 @ 190lbs

1 x 8 @ 195lbs

1 x 10 @ 215lbs

Kneeling Leg Curls:

1 x 12 @ 70lbs

1 x 10 @ 80lbs

1 x 8 @ 80lbs

1 x 8 @ 90lbs

1 x 10 @ 100lbs

Seated Calf Raises:

1 x 12 @ 150lbs

1 x 10 @ 150lbs

1 x 10 @ 170lbs

1 x 10 @ 170lbs

1 x 10 @ 170lbs

1 x 5 @ 170lbs<--NEW PR!!!

Diet looked like this:

6:00a.m.: 1 bannana, 1 cup frozen berries mixed in 1/2 cup oatmeal with a tsp honey, 2 slices of fresh pineapple

9:00a.m.: 1/2 cup brown rice, 1 apple, 1/2 protein bar, couple pieces of watermelon

12:00p.m.: salad with my dressing,1 cup bean soup

3:00p.m.: 1 bananna

5:00p.m.: post workout shake

7:00p.m.: stirfry veggies, and cooked whole grain noodles cooked in braggs amino acids

What kind of rice protein did you get? The only one I can find in Saskatoon is Nutribiotic.

Yeah that is the brand that I got, chocolate, they had another brand but it didn't look as good, will try it and see how it goes

What do you think of it? It took me some getting used to. It's kind of chalky and not sweet at all. It reminds me of the unsweetened baking chocolate...

I've been using it for about a month now and it's grown on me though.

Today will be my first day of using it I will let you know, but I am thinking of going ahead and getting a vanilla or a berry flavor and using it to make me a shake with my oatmeal and frozen berries in the mornings!!

Yeah me too, I got One of the 1 serving packages of vanilla, that is what I am trying before my workout will let you know how it is!!! But I amgoong to go ahead and get a vanilla one just so I can have something different on hand!

Congrats on the PR's! Your diet looks great!

Thanks girl I appreciate it, so the diet is good??? I have been trying different things, and now have cut out the eggs for the past 4 days, now the only thing left to cut out is the cottage cheese, and my whey protein!!!

Don't forget the honey. A great substitute for that (better for you since it's low glycemic index, as well as not being an animal product) is agave nectar. Congratulations on the progress you've made so far!

I agree i find rice protein to be chalky like baking chocolate. I find mixing mine with hemp milk adds some nice healthy fat to it. I just put a little hemp milk and then water or coconut water for most of the liquid. and I agree agave really helps too.

Hey my fellow VEGANS!!!! Today was BACK Day!!!

BACK:

Started with 10 minutes on the bike, then:

Close Grip Lat Pulldowns:

1 x 12 @ 160lbs

1 x 10 @ 160lbs

1 x 8 @ 180lbs

1 x 8 @ 180lbs

1 x 5 @ 200lbs<--NEW PR!!!

Smith Machine Bent Over BB Rows:

1 x 12 @ 125lbs

1 x 10 @ 175lbs

1 x 8 @ 195lbs

1 x 8 @ 195lbs

1 x 5 @ 215lbs<--NEW PR!!!

Assisted Pullups:

1 x 12 @ 150lbs

1 x 10 @ 140lbs

1 x 8 @ 130lbs

1 x 8 @ 130lbs

1 x 5 @ 120lbs

High Lat Row Machine:

1 x 12 @ 180lbs

1 x 10 @ 180lbs

1 x 8 @ 230lbs

1 x 8 @ 230lbs

1 x 5 @ 250lbs<--NEW PR!!!

Then finished with 25 minutes of HILLS on the Bike!!! I really feel like I am getting stronger, just not really seeing much of a change in my body as of yet, I know take time, just been working out heavily now for over 3 years, have lost over 50 lbs in that first year, but since then not lost anything, but have just become a vegan as of 4 weeks ago, so hopefully more progress soon!!!

Today's Meals:

6:00a.m.: 3 slices of fresh Pineapple, 3/4 cup oatmeal with 1 tsp honey and 1/2 cup frozen mixed berries

9:00a.m.: 1 bannana, 1 pear, 1/2 protein bar

12:00p.m.: salad with my dressing, tofurkey & hot Pepper tofu cheese on a multigrain wrap

3:00p.m. 1 scoop vanilla rice protein shake 1 bananna

5:30p.m.; 2 scoops choclate rice protein mixed in water, will try it with soy milk tomorrow!!!

6:30p.m.: whole wheat noodles and steamed veggies cooked in Braggs amino acids

The wife and I were talking, if we had known there were so many nice and friendly and helpful people out there we would have become VEGANS a long time ago!!!! You all have been so helpful and friendly, we want to thank you all!!! You all are like a second family to us, thanks again for all the helpful words and recipes and advice!!! We are now Proud to be VEGAN!!!!!