My progress

These pics are from November the 8th 2008. As you can see there is a lot of work to do.

My biggest problem is gaining weight...or more precise muscle mass. At the time of the pictures I stand at 74,6kg and body fat of 8%.

That will be all for now...I will write some more in the introduction section...

pict9595.jpg.a3dce597c32cb9ab53389ccb595ec746.jpg

pict9592.jpg.b68eb5c211e775265e35f34f2c6d0f17.jpg

pict9589a.jpg.9b8efc51eddcf995fc1ebcd16b2c5513.jpg

Eat MOAR!

More then I eat now? At the moment I'm eating between 2800-3400 calories a day. That is already more than the program I use calculated for my stats. But if someone is interested I can post some things about the amount or stuff I eat when I get home.

Besides that I always was a heavy eater so everybody wondered where I put that stuff...

Do some bicycling but stay away from cardio.

Thanks...I did some bicycling during winter time if the weather allowed..and it seems that it is getting better...so more possibilities to use the bike...

yeah post what your eating please I am sure we can help with your progress. and get you on the right track

OK...I'll get to that when I get home...

Just one question: Should I post that in this thread or open one in "Online Training Journals & Blogs" ?

Eat MOAR!

More then I eat now? At the moment I'm eating between 2800-3400 calories a day. That is already more than the program I use calculated for my stats. But if someone is interested I can post some things about the amount or stuff I eat when I get home.

Besides that I always was a heavy eater so everybody wondered where I put that stuff...

I ate 6000+ calories a day for 5 weeks this year to get my lbm up where it should be. YES throw those darn calcs out the window and go with yuor individual body. You wanna grow? make sure you're nowhere near a deficit ever. Everyone's diff, and for a person resistance training and looking to grow that is below the average imo. Not even taking into account someone who may have a faster metabolism.

I ate 6000+ calories a day for 5 weeks this year to get my lbm up where it should be. YES throw those darn calcs out the window and go with yuor individual body. You wanna grow? make sure you're nowhere near a deficit ever. Everyone's diff, and for a person resistance training and looking to grow that is below the average imo. Not even taking into account someone who may have a faster metabolism.

That's what I guessed from reading on this forum and the net so far. And that is the reason why I initially added 20% onto the recommended calory intake. I've reduced that to an extra of 10% at the moment but most of the time I'm over that limit...just listening if my body wants something extra.

And I licensed that program mainly to get a feeling of what I eat and have some guidelines while finding the right balance of nutrients (mostly protein, fat and carbohydrates). I'll try to open a new thread under "Online Training Journals & Blogs" later, to write something about my food intake at the moment and the workout.

Try to hit 20% of your cals from protein. Are you doing that? That would be 150g of protein on a 3000Cal diet...

Not yet. My intake is increasing with a top at about 120g so far...but it is dropping down to 70g on some days as well...

As the excercise log takes a little longer here is a sample of what I eat per day:

Breakfast(Total: 850kcal, 24.60g protein, 78.09g carbohydrates, 48.57g fat)

White button mushrooms(460g), Avocados(259g), Carrots(201g), Cucumber(453g), Bananas(388g), Black pepper(3g), Green tea(1 liter)

2. Breakfast(Total: 818kcal, 10.40g protein, 173.76g carbohydrates, 3.94g fat)

Bananas(258g), Mango(279g), Tomatoes(232g), Kiwi(267g), dried dates(117g), water(1 liter)

Lunch(Total: 343kcal, 15.07g protein, 61.32g carbohydrates, 3.37g fat)

Salad of:

Bellpepper(20g), butterhead lettuce(50g), Tomatoes(150g), Onions(10g), sweet corn(60g), kidney beans(80g), marinated red cabbage(200g)

weight specifications for lunch are just estimates...as I had no scale to measure...

Afternoon(Total: 884kcal, 7.93g protein, 202.36g carbohydrates, 1.61g fat)

Bananas(517g), water(0.5 liter), dried dates(194g)

Dinner(Total: 887kcal, 50.98g protein, 92.32g carbohydrates, 35.11g fat)

kidney beans(530g), almonds(60g)

Grand total: 3782.5kcal, 108.99g protein(11.8%), 607.84g carbohydrates(65.9%), 92.61g fat(22.3%)

Took the time to take some progress measurements as well.

Weight was up to 76.6kg(+2kg) and body fat at 7%.

Measurements showed a slight increase in the arms, shoulders and legs. Don't know if it shows in the pictures...

pict0800.jpg.434db8d1abd8a2d93c019ab58e6ea38b.jpg

pict0803.jpg.dba5163e4596ff0bd516da9148a8c0d4.jpg

pict0806.jpg.8e767e1d91f479b080923b92cc238498.jpg

• 1 month later...

Breakfast(Total: 850kcal, 24.60g protein, 78.09g carbohydrates, 48.57g fat)

White button mushrooms(460g), Avocados(259g), Carrots(201g), Cucumber(453g), Bananas(388g), Black pepper(3g), Green tea(1 liter)

2. Breakfast(Total: 818kcal, 10.40g protein, 173.76g carbohydrates, 3.94g fat)

Bananas(258g), Mango(279g), Tomatoes(232g), Kiwi(267g), dried dates(117g), water(1 liter)

Lunch(Total: 343kcal, 15.07g protein, 61.32g carbohydrates, 3.37g fat)

Salad of:

Bellpepper(20g), butterhead lettuce(50g), Tomatoes(150g), Onions(10g), sweet corn(60g), kidney beans(80g), marinated red cabbage(200g)

weight specifications for lunch are just estimates...as I had no scale to measure...

Afternoon(Total: 884kcal, 7.93g protein, 202.36g carbohydrates, 1.61g fat)

Bananas(517g), water(0.5 liter), dried dates(194g)

Dinner(Total: 887kcal, 50.98g protein, 92.32g carbohydrates, 35.11g fat)

kidney beans(530g), almonds(60g)

Grand total: 3782.5kcal, 108.99g protein(11.8%), 607.84g carbohydrates(65.9%), 92.61g fat(22.3%)

Hey, where are the nuts? The only nuts I see are almonds... Eat your nuts and you get your calories!!!

Only 11,8% of calories from protein? I get 215g of protein on a 2500kcal diet. Just swap the grains for lentils, beans (including whole soybeans) and peas. Swap most of the fruit for veggies (especially broccoli, cauliflower, spinach, kale and other greens). Add a fair amount of nuts and seeds, some TVP and you're good to go.

First and foremost great job; i def see an increase in size. You look good. I hope you acheive all youy goals.

Only 11,8% of calories from protein? I get 215g of protein on a 2500kcal diet. Just swap the grains for lentils, beans (including whole soybeans) and peas. Swap most of the fruit for veggies (especially broccoli, cauliflower, spinach, kale and other greens). Add a fair amount of nuts and seeds, some TVP and you're good to go.

Major increase in lbm, i would agree with xzebrasx... I get even more calories from protein at certain times when I really want to gain as much as possible. Upwards of 325+ grams of protein per day on a 4000 calorie diet or something like that.

____

Each person is an individual. No matter how precise a calculator is only a suggested direction and not even necessarily founded. You have to keep increasing your intake until you are consuming a good amount more than you are burning to provide adequate fuel stores and food for growth. If you don't do that, it won't happen.

You are doing this to some small extent as you have improvements but you can definitely kick it up a notch.

Take me and robert for instance. Robert can eat until he is blue in the face all day long and he'll gain gradually and needs to sometimes in order to gain. Then you have me, I can eat moderately and gain aggressively and eat too much and gain sloppily. Our bodies are different.

keep up the good work pofi

nice progress man! i think someones already mentioned it but definately add nuts and other high-cal foods if youre trying to get in more cals. im naturally a stringy girl but i really wanted to bulk up a couple of years ago to improve my climbing, and i started just carrying around a big bag of almonds, cashews, and dried fruit everywhere i went.

im a huge fan of seitan for protein, by the way. cook up some whole wheat pasta, sautee some veggies and seitan, and mix it all up with olive oil and oregano and chunky tomato sauce...yum.

can't wait to see your next set of progress pix!

--Andy

How tall are you, by the way?

Just 1.98m or about 6'6''

nice progress man! i think someones already mentioned it but definately add nuts and other high-cal foods if youre trying to get in more cals. im naturally a stringy girl but i really wanted to bulk up a couple of years ago to improve my climbing, and i started just carrying around a big bag of almonds, cashews, and dried fruit everywhere i went.

Yes...I try to increase my intake of high-cal foods. And especially almonds are great. I also try not rely too much on calories from fats but that doesn't mean that I'm not eating 200g of almonds in one go if my body tells me to.

So far my calorie intake has increased from around 2800 to around 3600. And my protein intake increased from around 80-90g per kg to around 110-120g per kg.

im a huge fan of seitan for protein, by the way. cook up some whole wheat pasta, sautee some veggies and seitan, and mix it all up with olive oil and oregano and chunky tomato sauce...yum.

I haven't tried seitan yet and while I still cooked I could eat a pot of pasta no problem. But as I try to stay with raw food at the moment I go with bananas, olives, almonds, nuts, sultanas, dried figs, dried dates,...

The people at the office always wonder how I can eat that much when they see the stack of food I bring to the office or when I tell them how many calories I eat daily.

can't wait to see your next set of progress pix!

Lets see. I did weigh myself again today and I'm up to 78kg and 9% body fat. That's about 3kg plus in about 2 months. Maybe I find the time to snap some progress pics too.

OK...had time for some measurements and photos.

Weight was up to 78kg(+1.4kg) and body fat at 9%. The other measurements showed a slight increase in the chest, arms and neck. Legs were undecided. While the upper leg showed a slight increase, the lower leg showed a slight decrease. But those differences could also be measurement errors.

The photos do not express the changes that are taking place, since the beginning of that training. Not only are the muscles getting stronger and feel denser than before. But there is also a different awareness of muscle movements and strength in daily activities.

pict0831.jpg.d6db5511be5462ff3da0a69b129e5eb6.jpg

Frontal view

pict0822.jpg.75643e739f252df4833e875daf760fd1.jpg

Back view

pict0825a.thumb.jpg.648d5dadc4585bb1448867246822b1d3.jpg

Arm and back closer