4X4's Training Log

Guest 4X4

Yep I've done this and it gets tiring. You start off throwing the weight because it's light and you think you can keep doing it forever but it get heavy when you start to fatigue after a couple of minutes. I think the reasoning behind it is for MMA your going to be throwing someone to the ground that is about your size and they go for 5 minutes rounds which is long time so you need to be well conditioned. one of my favorite crossfit workouts is "fight gone bad" it was designed for MMA BJ Penn. I think i've got it in my training log.
I'd like to see "fight gone bad." I'll do a search on crossfit.com discussion board, I'm registered.

My legs are already sore from today. That's not supposed to happen until tomorrow.

Yep I've done this and it gets tiring. You start off throwing the weight because it's light and you think you can keep doing it forever but it get heavy when you start to fatigue after a couple of minutes. I think the reasoning behind it is for MMA your going to be throwing someone to the ground that is about your size and they go for 5 minutes rounds which is long time so you need to be well conditioned. one of my favorite crossfit workouts is "fight gone bad" it was designed for MMA BJ Penn. I think i've got it in my training log.
I'd like to see "fight gone bad." I'll do a search on crossfit.com discussion board, I'm registered.

My legs are already sore from today. That's not supposed to happen until tomorrow.

Mary, I found it on page 6 of your training log. Thanks You Rock!

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=16251&p=192494&hilit=fight+gone+bad#p192494

Tuesday May 26th

Abs:

Planks

1st set 90 sec

2nd set 60 sec

Note: No cardio because I got home later than expected.

Thursday May 28th

DB Flat Bench (hammer grip)

60's for 7 reps

I could have used more weight.

Full Squat

1x10x200lbs

1x7x200lbs

Deadlift (no belt)

2x10x200lbs

Note: I didn't go to bed until close to 4 am last night. My goal is to move my own BW around for as many reps as possible. I'll eventually add BW exercises to my routine over time.

Saturday May 30th

Unintentional Rest Day

Note: I was supposed to lift but I didn't fall asleep last night until 4:26 am AGAIN. WTF!

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't lifted since how many days is May 28th.

Monday 6/8

1) Full Squat

220lbs 5 RM???

I could have gone heavier but I figured I shouldn't because of the layoff. I wore a different pair a shoes. Bad idea.

Not much rest in b/t Squats

2)Full Squat

170lbs 15 RM

Accessory (who gives a shit how heavy) exercises

3) DB Rows

20rx40's

Form sucked. I did them explosively instead of slow and controlled.

4) Hammer Curls

3x5x22's

It's time to eat and go to bed.

Friday 6/12

Late Morning/Early Afternoonish

DB Military Press

48's 5RM

DB Military Press

1x12x36's

Evening

Deadlift

276lbs 5RM

Deadlift (no belt)

1x15x220lbs

Accessory exercises

DB Row

20x40's

Hammer Curl

3x5x20's

Push-ups

2 sets

Thursday 6/18

DB Shoulder Press

49'sx4x1, 49'sx1x1

failed on the 5th rep of 1st set

DB Shoulder Press

36'sx10x1

DB Rows

65'sx5x3

Note: Next week I think I'll switch to a 3x5 on the SQ, DL, and Press. Doing 5RM is to close to 90% of my 1RM.

I haven't bothered updating my log because there have been alot of training myths posted on this website over the past week. Its annoying, embarrasing, and reminds me of commercial gyms. If it continues, I might bounce (no pun intended) to another website.

Is there ever a board without training myths? I find this place pretty mild compared to bb.com
Snowbunny, it's frustrating. Some of the myths I've read lately were refuted before you were born. On other boards I'm registered with those posts would have been refuted immediately and ridiculed by other members.

Any place is mild compared to bb.com.

HEAVY DB kickbacks are far more superior to close grip bench press and dips for tricep strength.

My schedule was busy last week, so I had to cram a weeks routine into 3 days Wed-Fri. I just did ME SQ, Press, and DL days in that order.