UFC 98 - Thoughts?

Lyoto Machida.

Sorry, don't care about the matts.

Sean Sherk-Frankie Edgar is interesting too. Edgar's an underdog for sure, but he's got a huge heart. I've been holding out, but I think I have to play this one, and Evans-Machida, on UFC 2009 Undisputed tonight...

wow, Machida really brought his A game to this fight. and just like that, we have a new light heavyweight champ!

http://www.blogcdn.com/mma.fanhouse.com/media/2009/05/lyotopost.jpg

http://mmafighttalk.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/lyoto-machida-31.jpg?w=200&h=300

if you missed it, i found one place that still has the fight posted, below:

Rashad Evans vs Lyoto Machida

as for the Matts, i did not like the decision at all. i felt that Hughes just got by on points and never really tried to finish the fight the way that Serra was. but at least that's over.

Why didn't Evans get inside and take Machida to the ground? Evans is short and seemed to have a reach disadvantage.

How many different new UFC light heavyweight champions have there been over the past 2 years?

How many different new UFC light heavyweight champions have there been over the past 2 years?

about this time 2 yrs ago, Chuck Liddell lost the belt to Rampage Jackson. then Jackson lost it to Forrest Griffin. Forrest lost it to Rashad Evans, and now of course Evans has just lost the belt to Lyoto Machida. so that would be 5 champions in the past 2 yrs.

about this time 2 yrs ago, Chuck Liddell lost the belt to Rampage Jackson. then Jackson lost it to Forrest Griffin. Forrest lost it to Rashad Evans, and now of course Evans has just lost the belt to Lyoto Machida. so that would be 5 champions in the past 2 yrs.

I knew the answer, I was being sarcastic in response to your previous post "we have a new light heavyweight champ!" because it seems like there have been so many over the past 2 years.

Machida rocked, but my favourite fight of the night was Frankie Edgar - Sean Sherk. That was impressive. Edgar had the perfect strategy and stuck to it. Sherk forgot he was a wrestler and lost the fight hunting for that one-punch KO.

It was pretty awesome watching Machida tear apart Evans too.

Why didn't Evans get inside and take Machida to the ground? Evans is short and seemed to have a reach disadvantage.

Machida's hard to get a hold of and he's got solid BJJ. Greg Jackson probably told him not to go to the ground with Machida. They were hoping to catch Machida with his chin out. Oops.

Machida's hard to get a hold of and he's got solid BJJ. Greg Jackson probably told him not to go to the ground with Machida. They were hoping to catch Machida with his chin out. Oops.

UFC's website bio of Machida's says he has a black belt in BJJ. It doesn't sound like Evans had much of a chance of winning.

Don't know why Sherk insists on being a boxer-he's a seriously strong wrestler. Sounds like his fight against Penn-tried to box and got his butt handed to him. Of course, bein on the matt with BJ probably ain't loads of fun either.