Malfunctioning potatoes

compassionategirl

So I just tried boiling some potatoes for a potato salad made with veganaise.

I cut em up and put em in a pot of boiling water. Came back after about 30 minutes, only to find a pot of cream of potato soup.

My potatoes malfunctioned.

sounds delicious!

I think 30 minutes is too long to boil sliced potatoes. I've always boiled the potatoes whole and then sliced them.

Ahh, okay, good - i was worried that maybe I had bought some defective potatoes which caused them to malfunction under pressure.

But yes, the accidental potato soup was very good. But from this lil calamity was born the knowledge of how to make cream of potato soup.

Thanks Crash.

Edited by compassionategirl

Oops. Should have included that 30 minutes is too long to boil potatoes if you don't want them really mushy (sorry). Maybe start checking after 10-15 minutes ? Also, I leave the skin on when boiling, but peel it off when they're done. (May help to keep the potatoes intact , but you still cannot overcook by much.)

You can experiment with other types of potatoes for potato salad (red potatoes, etc.)

So I just tried boiling some potatoes for a potato salad made with veganaise.

I cut em up and put em in a pot of boiling water. Came back after about 30 minutes, only to find a pot of cream of potato soup.

My potatoes malfunctioned.

The cook malfunctioned a lil bit too.......