Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 329 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 22  Next
 Post subject: Re: LnG's 100% RAW and Bodybuilding blog
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:18 am 
Elephant

I know what it's like to feel unworthy because you aren't working. My last job I worked about 12-16 hours a week, and then when I quit because it was so stressful it wore on my health.. I just felt worse!
Every time I apply for a job and don't get it I feel like a big fat zero.

Just try to remind yourself that it's NOT your fault! These are tough times right now, and it's extremely competitive out there in the job market. Most of the people getting jobs are people with several years of experience doing the same thing. For us young folks, we don't have that advantage. I can't even get a job as a waitress or kitchen helper cuz I haven't worked in the food industry since I was a teenager :x
I draw the line at McDonald's and other fast food places. To me, it's just as good as working for a tobacco company cuz you sell stuff that kills people.

Much luck to you!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:19 am 
Elephant

Oregon's unemployment rate is the suck right now, like Marcina says, this is not your fault. You're smart, well spoken, funny, personable, and you got that east coast swagger... all things people love around here. Something will happen for you, G, don't worry. Nationwide, the average average for college grads to find work in their field is 6 months to a year... in oregon it has got to be longer.

I think this guilt you're feeling isn't serving any good purpose for you. You should be so proud of what you did... you trained hard, you put your whole heart into it, and made your mark. You inspired a lot of people and added a ton of depth and reality to a sometimes pretty static and uncreative movement. You did something really important.

Get back into the gym, Giacamo. Finding a rhythm and routine to it again will make you feel better. Stopping training makes people feel bad, when you get it going on again, you'll feel right again. And you'll look even better for job interviews!

We got to get you some kevlar tires. I hear you, I fucking hate flats!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:52 pm 
Manatee

What pressure are you keeping in your tires when you ride? I used to ride on 110 (air pressure /psi) or 120, but I like to play it safe and it keep it at 100. Since keeping my tires at 100 I've never had a flat. It sucks so much when you get a flat though. I've been 20KM out and got one. Middle of nowhere with a hunk of metal to carry around, haha. Not fun.

Don't get down on yourself. You've put so much into yourself and the community selflessly, without expecting anything back and with a positive attitude 100% of the time. I know you inspire me to train hard. I know you'll find something and the cash will be rolllllin'. With all the positive things you've done you're well overdue to get some of that back.

Keep it up dude, try to keep thinking positive, because we're all gunnin' for you, and that's never gonna change.

P.S. Thanks for the t-shirts. Just got 'em a few days ago and they fit great. I was fully expecting one, not two, haha. Thanks again!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:08 pm 
Gorilla

Ditto to what Marcina and vivalasvegans said. The job market really sucks right now. Just keep trying and you will land something. :) We all know what an awesome and cool person you are! Once the right employer sees what we see, things will be smooth sailing. Don't let the crappy economy get you down :)

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, we'd all be vegetarians."
-Linda McCartney

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:55 pm 
Gorilla

Really good to read through this thread - great work Lean&Green: keep it up

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:46 pm 
Elephant

Robert, Marcina, Vivalasvegans, VeganGirl2006, Nathan Nearing, Gorilla:

I really appreciate all of your kind words you wrote. I needed them at the time. Ask thendanisays just how low I was. I felt worhtless. While I like to whine, I also like to take action as you would say R.C.! The last month has been very rewarding. It's only going to get better for here. Nathan.. I think I want to get kevlar commuter tires for my ride and commute to work 1-3 / 5 work days a week (40m round trip each time). So here's what I wrote while I pted it today on a long trip ;); a journal update buuuuHHDAY 8)

Ah man… what a day makes!

Apparently I said that at the beginning of one of my vlogs and the joke was on me until someone spoiled it and let me know. RC and BVP663 used to say it to me all the time and we’d all laugh. Then I found out they sourced it from me LOLZ. Turns out I short hand to many phrases and wind up sounding stupid :P WHATEVER :P I have a good vocab/grammar, I just never use it. Must be that good ole N.Y. State of mind. Well, times they Are a changing.

Traditionally, I have kept my workout journal primarily dedicated to physical activity but honestly peeps, ever since the competition, I have barely moved a muscle (with the exception of my jaw getting a great workout from all the wonderful nourishment, day in and day out). I deprived most every facet of my life to do Vegan Bros. In Iron: an influential documentary with R.C., Octopussior and BVP663. With great things, many times it as at a cost. My personal life and financial strife suffered.

After the comp (april 25th); a well deserved break of 2 weeks or so is perfect to once again commence a new year of training hard and building for the coming season in the fall of 2010. Had my life been put together, this would have been the case. However, I needed to pick up the broken pieces that still remained after the show and try to rebuild a functioning personal and professional life.

In summary:

04/25: Virtually Jobless (15hrs a week at best); thendanisays paying the rent for months and most all bills and our
personal relationship suffered immensely.

07/08 (today) I have been working a temp job 40 hours a week for a couple of bucks above min. wage for 4 about 4 weeks and I convinced Wells Fargo Corporation that I was the right man for the job!!!! Did you hear me? I got a full time permanent position at an excellent employer :D:D:D:D:D

I start next Monday and I couldn’t be happier. With that well under way and in constant routine, I truly feel that my training routine will be implemented both smooth and flawless within a couple of months!

As for http://www.VeganProteins.com; DropSoul is teaching me how to edit the site on my own and I’ve been setting up all the back end database entry for better customer service and good recordkeeping when the irs wolf knocks down our door. And and ANNNDuh…… <virtual excitement>; I now have shelves (2 wooden and 2 metal) to keep all the inventory organized and accounted for. I am also slowly trying to pay down the credit card that everything was purchased on so that once it is zeroed out and I have surplus funds; I can actually purchase product for distribution without getting hit with big aprs from cc’s….. It’s a long road but I’m taking big strides at a brisk pace with a smile on my face. Thendanisays is all about it too which is why we’re a great team. I would love to visit you again someday Ryan (VeganEssentials) and hear your story of in house to warehouse and best vegan site on the net :D I miss Troy too. What a guy.

So if you somehow bared the length of this overdone post (hey, I’m due for a nice update); then you must really want to know just what kind of workouts I should have been blogging about in the last 2 ½ mos. ;)

Well there is nothing to write home about as I can count the amount of times I trained total on two hands.

Last time I went to the gym this is how it went down:

Incline Barbell Bench Press: 10 sets; 135x12 … I think. Can’t recall.
Decline D-Ball Crunches: 5 sets; 12lb x 10 (more soon. I Love You All!!!!!! 8)

Joelk wrote:
But as long as people stay away from our cooler bags with our meals and not ask silly questions, we're all pretty tame

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:20 am 
Stegosaurus

Congrats on the job! It sounds like thing are really picking up for you.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:19 pm 
Elephant

Wow, glad to hear youre moving on up buddy! Give me a ring-a-ling sometime.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:26 pm 
Site Admin

yeah.......................buddy!

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:00 pm 
Elephant

just poppin in to say hi!

We need to catch up :-)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:08 pm 
Elephant

veggieprincess wrote:
just poppin in to say hi!

We need to catch up :-)

100% co-owner of www.veganproteins.com :D

I have been wanting to have convo about what's been going on. I know you've been busy on you end too but let's touch base at some point before this month is over ;)

Joelk wrote:
But as long as people stay away from our cooler bags with our meals and not ask silly questions, we're all pretty tame

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:13 am 
Elephant

yes we need to cuz I have some ideas too :-)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:40 pm 
Gorilla

YB!!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:21 pm 
Stegosaurus

Just popping in to say hi. Hope dogs, job, Dani and life is keeping you happy <3
I wish i could spend it with you too.

Another side note. Trivia Question. Name this lady :lol:

Give up :lol: Here's some rare footage of the very first raw diva.

I love you Lean and Green. You are my best friend. :)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:19 pm 
Mastodon

Tasha wrote:

Another side note. Trivia Question. Name this lady :lol:

If i'm not mistaken, that's viktoras kulvinskas!

335 Squat

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 329 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 22  Next