Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 318 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
 Post subject: Re: i'm gonna be buff!
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 7:26 am 
Gorilla

thendanisays wrote:
But i had thje strangest dream about my mom selling off my pet chickens (which i do not actually have) to some farmer who was going to slaughter them.....so i kicked my mom's ass.....

Honestly this is the first dream i've had of my mother soince i moved across the country in october....and i was straight-up punching her in the face. HOW TERRIBLE IS THAT?

sheesh, i feel the need to calll her and apologize.

Dani, are you planting the idea of having strange dreams in people's mind?

Here is my strange dream from last night.
Costco had 5 gallon buckets of ice cream on sale: 3 for $10
We had trouble finding the lids for the ice cream though.
Especially one, because it was a square bucket.
Who would buy ice cream that you need to look for the lids.

I got vanilla, chocolate and some other light brown colored one.
The "other" flavor was the one in the square bucket.
I couldn't fit one of these buckets in my freezer.

What does my dream mean, Dani?

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 11:07 am 
Gorilla

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA! Jason, i am the queen of bizarre dreams. i literally have some whackjob dream every single night of my life. but if youre dreaming about ice cream--then that PROBABLY means youre doing an awesome job on your diet. :D thats a good thing.

As for me, i have been in the gym 6 days a week, and eating exactly what i should be. now where the heck are my result dammit?!?!? patience patience, i suppose. you know, the first time i lost a lot of weight 4 years ago, i did it waaaaaaaaay too quickly, and i always said that if i could go back and do it again, i would do it slower. well, now that i have this AWESOME opportunity (ah the power of positive thinking) i'm doing it slower, and it BLOWS. i'd rather get it over with. oh well.....i just keep chugging along.

i've been cycling more, i still suck at it, but i suck LESS at it than i did a month ago. ditto on the plyos and such. which is nice. been even doing my cardio like good girl.....blech. giacomo is gonna have to step it up to keep up with me in the gym soon!!!! <3

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 5:24 pm 
Elephant

Yeah, my bf can't keep up with me in the gym either. He just does cycling, some isolation resistance training, and some running and he's done. BO-RING! I bust a sweat and work out until the vein in my neck is popping out so far that I look like a cyborg! Last night I was doing bench presses and scared this one poor guy. He thought I was gonna kill myself on it haha!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:40 pm 
Gorilla

ok, kinda pissed off that the scale didn't budge this week. like really-not at all. I AM CERTAIN that i did not eat enoug calories to maintain, but still managed about 100-120 g protein / day.....which is not much for me at all. and the diet was fairly low fat ( i usually take in about 60g, but this week was more like < 30) I workout out (hard) every day.....bah. i can already see and feel a difference though, so i guess i just have to drop that mentality about numbers on a scale. I'm starting to think that being 130lbs is just not gonna happen again unless i'm SUPER LEAN, which is way more work than i am willing to put in currently. i have just gained so much muscle that 130 is probably not in my near future. and the more i think about it, that it perfectly ok.

There is this super creepy guy at my gym who just staaaaaaaaaaares at me the whole time i am there. him and some other guy i do not know literally cat called last week for my entire walk out of the gym ....at 8 am on a tuesday. REALLY????? yes...

anyway, giacomo came with me to the gym today and mr. creepy was there, staring at me non-stop and giacomo starting deadlifting hundreds of pounds with no straps while i hung off his arm and was his little cheerleader as an effort to say "BACK THE F*** OFF!" but it didnt work. he kept staring, and just when giacomo was about to say something, this other guy came up and starting asking him if i was a trainer because i have such good form and blah blah blah.....so that was nice. then the creepy guy disappeared.

awesome workout though. although the assisted pull-up machine is currently broken, so i just did heavy lat pull-downs....it's just not the same.... :(

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:45 pm 
Stegosaurus

I feel your pain about the scale. But I can visually see differences so I'm not sure why I care so much what the scale says... *sigh*

I hope Mr. Creepy stops being so....creepy? Nobody should have to deal with that at 8 am!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:35 pm 
Elephant

I don't have a scale. I hate them.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:11 pm 
Gorilla

I don't have a scale either.
I don't care about my weight, just my waist.
When I get to the correct waist size, then I'll be the correct weight.
But I'll probably weigh myself when I get there just because people will want to know.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:42 pm 
Elephant

Dani... yuck, be careful. It's gross that creepy staring guy talked to your man about you instead of just talking to you. Ew, gross attitude. Maybe we need to get a muscle girl crew up in that gym to surprise him some day?

Anyways, just to echo what everyone else has said (and you'll prob need to remind me of this sometime soon) at this point, there's no need to shoot for scale numbers.

Take care and keep up the excellent work! Call me if anytime, my schedule's easing up, yippee!
:love2:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:02 am 
Site Admin

Hey girly,

Just dropping by to say hi!

I've been in Seattle and otherwise swamped with work lately but will catch up soon!

YB!

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:26 am 
Gorilla

vivalasvegans wrote:
It's gross that creepy staring guy talked to your man about you instead of just talking to you.

yeah it is, he actually said "hey man, is that girl....is she a trainer? You see, she's here with you, so i show YOU some respect" REALLY???? Mindsets like this still exist??? How about you show me some goddamn respect you googlyeyed slime!!!

oh well.
Marcina wrote:
lobsteriffic wrote:
I feel your pain about the scale.
Jason wrote:

ok,l so we hate the scale. yesssssssssssa.

i woke up this morning and for some reason i felt like i was on the losing side of a boxing match last night.....so i am not doing legs and cardio this morning--i'm gonna stretch for a bit, and catch up on journals that ive been ignoring. :) maybe i'll feel up to a workout tonight after work....which i am really not looking forward to going to btw. blech @ work.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:04 am 
Gorilla

Mr. Creepy....what a freak! Kick his ass in the gym. He needs to totally back the hell off.

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, we'd all be vegetarians."
-Linda McCartney

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:23 pm 
Stegosaurus

Hey Babes
Don't make me come over there and give him a a$$ whopping ! >:-)

That's the creepest thing to have to face. Didn't that happen at LA Fitness as well? Sersiouly I bet Giacomo is on his edge. No one messes with his Dani. I would talk to the managment about this. I don't want to scare you. But something could happen.
I think I've been watching too many A&E stories with my mom. ;)
But just be careful sweetie.
I love you and I don't want anything to happen to you.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:25 pm 
Gorilla

Dang it Dani the creeps are out in full force! What gives? Is it creep season?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:33 pm 
Gorilla

At least its just Mr. Creepy... I havent had a non married or non engaged guy hit on me in 3 years. At least my girl is cute. :) Too bad she's psycho.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83cdJbztw3g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lEUynhgMg8

The reason is not, Can they reason? nor, Can they talk?, but Can they suffer? - Jeremy Bentham 1748 - 1832

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:55 am 
Gorilla

I'm afraid it is creep season LB. I hate creeps! I understand an admiration for the way someone looks, or trains, or just an attraction in general, but have some goddamn respect yknow? Laaaaaaaaaaaame-o.

So i didnt make it to they gym yesterday. Instead, when i got home from work, i ran about a mile to the park (this is a big deal for me unfortunately) then walked around the hills in the park for a bit, then powerwalked home (didnt have water and was too parched to jog home, although i think if i'd had water i could have done it, which rocks!)

Then i made sweet-ass dinner of hot sauce glazed tempeh, with mashed cauliflower (this is heavan) and collards with a mushroom gravy. it was awesome!

Then I hula hooped my butt off for almost an hour. i didnt realize how into it i was until i stopped and realized that i was drenched in sweat! i finally think i got a trick that i've been working on since about february! YESSSS! the thing about the hoop is, (and this is why i havent posted any vids of it) is that the less you wear, the better you hoop, especially when you're learning. so you have to learn in your underwear kinda. the hoop just sticks to skin a little better than clothing. But our living room windows (which are the size of the whole wall) act as a mirror at night so i hoop in front of them. so i'm prtty sure my whole block is prett familiar with me in my underwear, so i dont know why i am still shy! hahaha. anyway it is a blast.

Went to the gym this morning even though i was still tired. did my half hour of cardio and i just told myself i'd do a few sets of BB squats and split squats, but i ended up doing my whole workout.....even with Mr. Creepy staring me down the whole time. I miss my giacomo!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 318 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next