Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Female Vegan Bodybuilders?
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 7:36 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:05 pm
Posts: 21052
Location: Austin, TX
Does anyone know of any?

I can't think of a single vegan woman who has competed on stage as a bodybuilder. I'm embarrassed to say that as the person who runs www.veganbodybuilding.com

I'm proud of the vegan bodybuilding men who have done very well over the years in all parts of the world but I can't think of many or any female "competitive" vegan bodybuilders who have been on stage and who compete regularly.

Anyone have info on this?

I'd love to learn about them and get them on our website! I apologize if I am over-looking anyone. Just nobody comes to mind in "bodybuilding" off the top of my head.

We have powerlifters, fitness competitors, figure competitors, models, etc. but no bodybuilders that I know of.

Looking forward to learning about some out there!

_________________

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Female Vegan Bodybuilders?
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:40 pm 
Offline
Manatee
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 2:33 pm
Posts: 360
robert wrote:
Does anyone know of any?

I can't think of a single vegan woman who has competed on stage as a bodybuilder. I'm embarrassed to say that as the person who runs http://www.veganbodybuilding.com

I'm proud of the vegan bodybuilding men who have done very well over the years in all parts of the world but I can't think of many or any female "competitive" vegan bodybuilders who have been on stage and who compete regularly.

We have powerlifters, fitness competitors, figure competitors, models, etc. but no bodybuilders that I know of.

Looking forward to learning about some out there!


Who are the famous female fitness competitors? I-d like to do a fitenss competition but I can-t stand all the prancing around you have to do..it-s the feminist in me! Men pose and have to do a posing routine..but to me, the female fitness routines are very sexual and I don-t like that angle..infact it really pisses me off! I-m old enough to compete in the veteran category now and it would be a nice challenge but I dont know if they expect veteran fitness competitors to do acrobatics and other movements that would require me to glue my bikini to my ass!

_________________
I'm not a vegan because I love animals..I'm a vegan because I hate plants!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Female Vegan Bodybuilders?
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:35 pm 
Offline
Elephant
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:39 pm
Posts: 2277
Location: BC Canada
Ruz wrote:
robert wrote:
Does anyone know of any?

I can't think of a single vegan woman who has competed on stage as a bodybuilder. I'm embarrassed to say that as the person who runs http://www.veganbodybuilding.com

I'm proud of the vegan bodybuilding men who have done very well over the years in all parts of the world but I can't think of many or any female "competitive" vegan bodybuilders who have been on stage and who compete regularly.

We have powerlifters, fitness competitors, figure competitors, models, etc. but no bodybuilders that I know of.

Looking forward to learning about some out there!


Who are the famous female fitness competitors? I-d like to do a fitenss competition but I can-t stand all the prancing around you have to do..it-s the feminist in me! Men pose and have to do a posing routine..but to me, the female fitness routines are very sexual and I don-t like that angle..infact it really pisses me off! I-m old enough to compete in the veteran category now and it would be a nice challenge but I dont know if they expect veteran fitness competitors to do acrobatics and other movements that would require me to glue my bikini to my ass!


Yeah, no doubt! Even if by some miracle I could gain enough muscle mass to compete, there's no way an uncoordinated klutz like me can do that acrobatic shit!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Female Vegan Bodybuilders?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:46 am 
Offline
Manatee
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 2:33 pm
Posts: 360
Yeah, no doubt! Even if by some miracle I could gain enough muscle mass to compete, there's no way an uncoordinated klutz like me can do that acrobatic shit![/quote]

hahahha!! Its not about whether or not I could do it, actually I did a lot of gymnastics as a kid and can still do some flick flacks and the like..its about not wanting to do it. WTF do you have to do that shit? I know in the rules it says you have to demonstrate flexibility and posture..but it says the same in the mens rules and I don-t see them prancing around like cheerleaders on coke!
But then again I suppose the answer is obvious if we stop to think for a second...men invented the competitions and most judges are men!
I think the reason I started BB was to show men that women don-t have to be weak {and to show meat eaters that vegans can be really strong} and yep..I-m stronger than your average guy who doesn-t go to the gym now. but its sad that the only way we vegan women can get proper recognition for our success in the sport is to pander to some male cheerleader fantasy. Because lets be honest, maybe a natural vegan bodybuilder could compete competitively in the fitness or figure categories, but without taking hormones none of us will ever be big enough to enter a BB competition. You only have to go to a few competitions to see that the bulges in the womens bikini bottoms are almost as big as those in the mens trunks because their clit has actually converted into little penis!! I can-t imagine a vegan woman doing that to herself..we-re FAR too intelligent!!! :lachmal:

_________________
I'm not a vegan because I love animals..I'm a vegan because I hate plants!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Female Vegan Bodybuilders?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:14 am 
Offline
Stegosaurus
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:28 pm
Posts: 3588
Location: San Jose, CA
Do female bodybuilders have to an acrobatic routine? I always thought fitness competitors did that, figure competitors just do quarter turns, and body builders have a posing routine (which I didn't realize had acrobatics?). I'm curious.

_________________
vegan for the win!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Female Vegan Bodybuilders?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:47 pm 
Offline
Elephant

Joined: Mon May 23, 2005 11:05 pm
Posts: 2651
lobsteriffic wrote:
Do female bodybuilders have to an acrobatic routine? I always thought fitness competitors did that, figure competitors just do quarter turns, and body builders have a posing routine (which I didn't realize had acrobatics?). I'm curious.


You are correct. Ruz was referring to fitness.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Female Vegan Bodybuilders?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:11 pm 
Offline
Stegosaurus
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:28 pm
Posts: 3588
Location: San Jose, CA
Thanks SeaSiren. Is there much difference in the physiques between fitness and figure competitors? Or is the only difference the routines?

_________________
vegan for the win!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Female Vegan Bodybuilders?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:48 pm 
Offline
Gorilla
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:57 am
Posts: 862
Location: Cheyenne, WY
I plan on competing, several times this fall and winter. I do consider myself intellegent though thanks. :)

_________________
http://www.liftforlife.com/alyx_luck_and_jimi_sitko.htm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83cdJbztw3g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lEUynhgMg8

The reason is not, Can they reason? nor, Can they talk?, but Can they suffer? - Jeremy Bentham 1748 - 1832


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Female Vegan Bodybuilders?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:56 pm 
Offline
Gorilla
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 15, 2006 11:05 am
Posts: 748
Location: Senoia, GA
Robert, apparently we're on the same wavelength on that one. I had a dream about a "Vegan Girls in Iron" bodybuilding competition the other night hosted by this forum. (Marcina won in the dream!) It would most definitely be cool to have some female vegan bodybuilders!

_________________
Courtney

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, we'd all be vegetarians."
-Linda McCartney


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Female Vegan Bodybuilders?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:29 pm 
Offline
Manatee

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:49 am
Posts: 275
Location: DC
The whole notion no woman can compete as a bodybuilder without meat and drugs is as silly as no man can compete as a vegan without drugs and meat. As someone who has trained with, been trained by, and has trained female competitors it is harder for a woman than a man to compete for a variety of physiological and body chemistry reasons. On top of all that if you say woman bodybuilder people develop a stereo-type in their mind that is usually not related to the intense hard work, determination, planning, and execution that goes with being a woman bodybuilder.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Female Vegan Bodybuilders?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:24 am 
Offline
Manatee
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 2:33 pm
Posts: 360
aluck wrote:
I plan on competing, several times this fall and winter. I do consider myself intellegent though thanks. :)


What in Bodybuilding?..I-m talking about bodybuilding here...

_________________
I'm not a vegan because I love animals..I'm a vegan because I hate plants!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Female Vegan Bodybuilders?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:42 am 
Offline
Manatee
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 2:33 pm
Posts: 360
DCNINJA wrote:
The whole notion no woman can compete as a bodybuilder without meat and drugs is as silly as no man can compete as a vegan without drugs and meat. As someone who has trained with, been trained by, and has trained female competitors it is harder for a woman than a man to compete for a variety of physiological and body chemistry reasons. On top of all that if you say woman bodybuilder people develop a stereo-type in their mind that is usually not related to the intense hard work, determination, planning, and execution that goes with being a woman bodybuilder.


It-s got NOTHING to do with being a women! I also NEVER said anything about meat consumption, that obviously is neither here nor there. What I-m saying is that I dont think any bodybuilders reach professional level without taking drugs..yep, you can compete whatever your physique if you pay the entry fee, but get to the top of the sport? No way... It appears that you/re getting angry at me for saying this but I-m not the one who created the situation..its just a sad observation of mine! I-ve only ever met a few professional female bodybuilders and they all had deep voices, wide jaws, a 4 o clock shadow and a clit like a fun sized mars barI Maybe they are not all like that but I have yet to see a female professional bodybuilder who isnt. But i suppose you can get vegan steroids so anyone out there who wants to compete seriously in a BB knows what to do!
I-ve seen many friends, all male I must add, destroy their bodies and health with steroids. After the first couple of cycles they usually look great, but steroids are addictive and they just dont stop until they end up HUGE! And you have to think that when they get so big, the only time they actually look muscular is when they compete..at all other times they just look like fat bastards . I-ve known the lads from my gym since we were in school together and they look like shit now and a few of them have problems with their hearts, serious problems from taking steroids..personally I dont think its worth it and that kind of humongous size is not attractive in my opinion.
So tell me, HTF does a natural BB compete SERIOUSLY against these people?

_________________
I'm not a vegan because I love animals..I'm a vegan because I hate plants!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Female Vegan Bodybuilders?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:12 am 
Ruz wrote:
I-ve only ever met a few professional female bodybuilders and they all had deep voices, wide jaws, a 4 o clock shadow and a clit like a fun sized mars bar!
Ruz, you gotta stop cranking out the one liners. You should do stand-up comedy. I can't stop laughing. :lachmal: :lachmal: :lachmal:


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: Female Vegan Bodybuilders?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:10 am 
Offline
Elephant
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:39 pm
Posts: 2277
Location: BC Canada
4X4 wrote:
Ruz wrote:
I-ve only ever met a few professional female bodybuilders and they all had deep voices, wide jaws, a 4 o clock shadow and a clit like a fun sized mars bar!
Ruz, you gotta stop cranking out the one liners. You should do stand-up comedy. I can't stop laughing. :lachmal: :lachmal: :lachmal:


Hahaha! Yeah that was funny :P

But I agree. Anyone on 'roids, whether they're male are female, always end up looking f*cken GROSS!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Female Vegan Bodybuilders?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:39 am 
Offline
Manatee
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 2:33 pm
Posts: 360
Marcina wrote:
4X4 wrote:
Ruz wrote:
I-ve only ever met a few professional female bodybuilders and they all had deep voices, wide jaws, a 4 o clock shadow and a clit like a fun sized mars bar!
Ruz, you gotta stop cranking out the one liners. You should do stand-up comedy. I can't stop laughing. :lachmal: :lachmal: :lachmal:


Hahaha!


Aww thanks! and I-m not even trying to be funny, I-m just naturally sarcastic like a lot of British people. My M8 made me get up on stage one day when there was an open mike and i had the audience crying with laughter talking about various different methods of trying to extract public hair from your throat and various other sexual disasters in my life..I was just telling the truth but people thought it was hysterical..needless to say i got thrown of stage for using too many obscenities but I did have a lot of people come up to me later and say they loved it! :D
But I dont get drunk nowadays so I can-t see it happening again...

_________________
I'm not a vegan because I love animals..I'm a vegan because I hate plants!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  



{ ASACP_CREDITS }
{ ASACP_CREDITS }
{ ASACP_CREDITS } Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group