Post Op, Healing

Ouchie you gotta work tomorrow. I've gotta work at the new store too from open to close on Memorial Day. You gonna get holiday pay?

I got me a black hat, a white tee, some black and white checkered kicks and a mauve colored hoodie.

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Woke up this morning in a little bit of a rush. Had to cut my chest/tri routine down from 9a to 10:45a so I can come home eat, shower then head out to the new location for a noon open...till close. Yeah lucky me. At least the drive out there is gonna be nice since it's all super sunny.

Anyway as for the workout I just went in and setup a bunch of circuits. I was rotating from post to post making sure to hit all the angles of the chest and tris. I even had to be a jerk and tear down a machine or two while someone was resting to get in a set then set it back up for him. I think he was ticked at first, but then when I set it back up for him and nodded. He seemed ok with it.

SUN started cardio and MON started restricted cal. This morning I went into the gym at 8a and stayed until 11am. Got in 10 mins of stretching then 10 mins of cardio. Started a heavy circuit hitting calves, quads and hams then hit 15 mins of cardio. Had a green drink that I blended up beforehand. Continued with a moderate circuit of calves, quads and hams then another 15 mins of cardio. Stretched out for about 5 mins then did a burnout circuit with moderate weight aiming for 30, but falling within the 25 rep range. Finished cardio with 5 mins forward, 5 mins reverse and 5 mins forward. Cardio was all done on an elliptical with 15 resistance forward and 12 on reverse. I didn't take any breaks within the cardio time, just made sure to drink water inbetween my sets.

As for restricting cals I'm going down to 2/3 cup of oats and barley post. Cutting down if not eliminating fats. Going down to 6 meals and making sure the last two meals are packed with cabbage. Most likely a cabbage and mushroom stir fry or a cabbage soup. Both I won't get bored of since I've got some mean spice tricks. The stir fry won't have oil in the pan since there is a trick with mushroom stock and cabbage that'll have enough liquid in the pan to not like it stick. So more like a steam fry, if you know what I mean.

Anyway gotta head into work at 1p today, again. I'm gonna tell the boss that I'm restricting cals and she should restrict my hours or I might restrict the blood flow of a few select customers.

@Tasha Nope I don't have any plans on competing. I haven't been too but I've heard Alaska has some powerlifting meets or something. I'm not concerned about what others lift or how that stacks up to what I do. At this point I know I'm doing good and feeling good. Although I've seen some of the numbers you've put up...impressive.

@VV I probably should, but I am gonna do either sesame oil or hemp protein on my last meal. Sesame is a thermogenic and hemp has my omega-3, -6. Those I know I respond well too. As for recipe ideas, you know I'm always game.

Schedules weren't out when I headed into work, but I explained the restriction in cals and the restriction in hours and management looks like they are going to work with me. Today was inventory and I was told as soon as I knock it out I could go home. So tore through 200+ boxes and left at 6:30p instead of the scheduled 9:30p.

Hit the gym at the usual time for a back routine. Standard back with those high lat rows which are going to be included in my routine now. Went heavy on the opening T-Bar row after my form check set and decided to go moderate weight since I'm reducing cals. No use in going heavy if I'm not getting extra cals. I did however stay heavy on upper back work as it felt right.

At the end of my routine I had to try really hard to stay away from cardio. Saving that for tomorrow, which is a day off! Laundry, cooking and napping are on the itinerary. So I'm praying no one calls me for ANYTHING...even a hello.

So my plan as follows:

SUN-rest

MON-chest/tri

TUE-legs/cardio

WED-back

THU-rest/cardio

FRI-traps/delts

SAT-bi/abs/cardio

That should be three cardio sessions a week mixed in with routines that I feel comfortable spending the extra hour in the gym.

Got into the gym around 9a to 11a and focused on cardio. Started with a bit of stretching then went with a sprint routine.

elliptical

:02.5 forward warm-up pace

:02.5 reverse warm-up pace

:01 water break

:05 full sprint

:05 reverse moderate pace

:02.5 water break

:02.5 reverse fast pace

treadmill

:15 brisk walk

elliptical

:02.5 reverse fast pace

treadmill

:15 light jog

:15 brisk walk

Don't ask if I researched this or if I am following some cookie cutter routine, cuz this is my brain child. I'll do this next week same time same channel, but I think I am going to adjust the times for some of the warm ups.

Headed into the gym to work on traps and delts. I planned on going light on delts, but my delt routine got a jolt of energy from Act II of Mr. Rude Stalker Guy! I won't go into what he did, but I ended up walking around like I was in a Federal Facility.

Nothing special for the rest of the day other than bum time.

@VV It always tastes as good as it looks when I'm involved So rude dude cruised over your way huh?

Went into the gym an hour earlier to work on cardio, biceps, abs and forearms. Went in with a 10 min brisk walk then 2.5 min sprint and a 2.5 min fast back peddle. Hit bicep long head then 5 min sprint. Proceeded with bicep short head and another 5 min sprint with a 10 min brisk walk. Went into an ab routine then 2.5 min sprint plus 2.5 min fast back peddle. Hit forearms then a 5 min sprint and concluded the morning with an easy 10 min jog.

Forearms were the highlight of the morning. I got an insane pump while doing a behind the back bar curl on an adjustable cable system. I decided to go with this since it is easier to setup. I don't have to hack squat the bar on start or finish. And it helps getting the weight not to sit on my ass. Yeah that's right, my big juicy muscular ass.

Anywho gonna relax here before heading into work. Tomorrow is a rest day and I'm off of work. So another bum day before I rinse and repeat for MON.

Headed into the gym to work on chest and tris and early off started in with Act III of you know what. At this point it seems routine enough that I am going to consider him and his actions part of the gym fixtures. I just brought more intensity to the workout and hit a new personal best on tris even though I shouldn't be lifting heavy.

The routine was pretty standard other than finishing the workout with super heavy static holds and weighted resistance posturing. I loaded a chest press lever machine pretty heavy, enough so that people started to migrate to the back area, and started the statics. People are pretty funny.

On exit I packed away my ipod and started my shuffle out the door and got engaged in conversation by the front desk gal. So I got home a little later than I would of liked to have. Not that the conversation was dreadful... Note to self, if you want to get out on time for a meal: walk out with ipod.

At this point it seems routine enough that I am going to consider him and his actions part of the gym fixtures.

There's two guys that train in my gym in the AM that are like this. They are constantly shouting and belching (no joke) and they drop the weights loudly (not just on heavy lifts, but all of the time). *sigh*

This dude doesn't grunt or shout or drop weights. I don't mind that even though that's not my thing. What he does that pisses me off is that he rolls up on me. Like he'll be in a certain section majority of the morning then when I load on on a ton of weight. He will get into my area and start pacing around. Not really doing anything just encroaching on my area. He will eventually sit down and just glaze in my direction. Like he wants attention or waiting for me to fail. Who knows.

Today little man was in the freeweight section and I was in the hammerstrength section which are the furtherest you can be apart. I get into the middle of the gym to do triceps push downs on the cable machine. He decides this is the ample time to walk a bench over to literally 4ft from me and sits it down inbetween both cable machines. Then he just sits there on the bench and does absolutely nothing. He never reached for the cables, he never got up off the bench. Just sat there and looked around.

Oh well, it just made me put that much more effort into my workout. IDK I have the music blaring in my ear so I don't have to listen or talk to people. If someone is in an area, I make sure not to get in their way. If they're using something that I was planning to utilize, I am knowledge enough to find another exercise that will achieve a similar contraction. But other than changing my gym time, which I won't do, there isn't going to be a way to avoid this cat. I'm just going to have to change my attitude regarding him being in what I deem is my personal space/area of comfort.

And no I have no plans on befriending him or chatting it up with him. I'm there to work not socialize. Ok, no more ranting.

Cardio day and legs over at the gym. Went in a half hour earlier with a 5 min sprint as soon as I hit the floor. Then went leg circuit one then 5 min sprint, circuit two and a 5 min sprint, circuit three then a 10 min jog and a 10 min brisk walk to cool down. I didn't drink enough water during break time since i cut the breaks rather short. I've got two big therms of tea ready for today, so I'll make sure to drink it up.

Had some old cat tell me that I could eliminate all the exercises I'm doing with just one exercise. Squats. I looked at him and just nodded, looked at my stop watch and continued my morning. Since he was an elder I didn't talk back, but if anyone else would of questioned my routine like that... I was under the impression that gym etiquette is NOT to question another person's routine unless you're their trainer or someone asks for advice? *shrug* It was probably my fault since I asked if I could sneak out a 100lb plate from his leg press mounting. He might of seen that as an invite to chit chat. Note to self: If you want it. Just take it.

As for food I've got a single head of cabbage left in the fridge. Will probably have to run by the store later today or tomorrow and grab bok choy or napa. Still got a ton of peas from that sale. Looks like folks don't want to buy produce that has spanish on it or from Mexico. With all the swine flu scare...so if anyone sees me laying on the floor--mouth to mouth? Only if you're cute though, if not I'll manage.

This morning was a wonderful gym experience. Got in a little bit earlier since the undercover cops were out pulling over folks speeding. So I made sure to obey all the traffic laws and headed on in for a back routine. Let me tell you back day was total love. I didn't go crazy heavy and made sure my form was on point. The old school gym manager even took aside some young kid and said, "Look at how he makes sure his form and grip is how he wants it before each and every set. That's how it's done." Normally I don't overhear alot of gym chatter, but I had my ipod on rather low since it was futile trying to compete with the gym music.

Also I found that even with a minute thirty inbetween sets I was knocking out my routine faster than normal. Due to that I added in a bunch of straight up and down lat and behind the neck lat movements. All in all a very exciting morning. I even noticed my (bandana) rag was soaked through. So you know that means work.

I'm planning on taking cardio outside if tomorrow is sunny. This morning has a bit of overcast so unless that turns to rain...I'll be outside. If not no worries, da gym got TV :o

I'm not a big TV fan, but between Sports Center's highlights of the NBA Playoffs and CNN...I easily lose track of time while running.

As for a sore back, I rarely ache if ever. If anything my left bicep or my right delt and pec minor will be stiff. Definitely my left bicep if I busted out a good back day.

Had a little cookfest...pics soon.

Ok again nothing fansy just a bunch of spice combos. Both made with the same base, cabbage and peas.

pic060309_1.jpg.65c7f8ea80a6483391a879b1e6b4f1cf.jpg

cabbage, peas with bay leaf, garlic, onion, basil, cayenne, paprika and chili powder. Made in a very heavy spiced brine and then drained before serving.

pic060309_2.jpg.a7b292590bc6b065de7db0255802a9d4.jpg

cabbage, peas with tomato sauce, vinegar, red pepper, onion and garlic