Courtney's Food Journal and Fitness Log

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Today was a gym day! I actually got up and made it there at 8:00AM! Hooray! It's not easy for me to get up. I love to sleep. I was rather proud of myself for actually taking the initiative and getting out of bed to get to the gym before work. I'm also going to log everything on FitDay again and see if that helps me to be more accountable. I'm ready to see the scale start moving in the right direction!

I also conquered another gym fear this morning. The Stairmaster. It stares at me, taunting me every time I go in there. I don't have the best knees due to 7 years of marching band, but I decided to give it a shot and see how I do. I didn't last very long (3 minutes, did 6 floors) but I at least tried it out. I am pleased with that. It was a leg day for me. My legs now feel like Jello. *LOL*

Pre-workout: 8 oz. of soy milk

Post workout: Cream of Wheat with 2 packets of Splenda, 1 small peach

Lunch: whole wheat pita will spinach, tomatoes, avocado, mushrooms, banana peppers, bean sprouts, and cucumber

Dinner: Boca burger with Tofutti mozzarella on a wheat bun, fries with ketchup

Exercise: Gym day today!

3 minutes on the Stairmaster

15 minutes on the elliptical

Seated Leg Curls:

65 x 10

50 x 10

50 x 10

Leg Extensions:

65 x 10

65 x 10

65 x 10

65 x 10

65 x 10

Lunges with Dumbbells:

10 x 10

10 x 10

10 x 10

Squats with Dumbbells:

10 x 10

10 x 10

Leg Press Machine:

140 x 10

200 x 10

200 x 10

200 x 10

200 x 10

200 x 10

240 x 10

240 x 10

Compound Row (the leg machines were all taken at this time so I did this one for the heck of it):

65 x 10

65 x 10

65 x 10

65 x 10

65 x 10

65 x 10

Hip Abduction:

95 x 12

95 x 12

95 x 12

95 x 12

110 x 12

110 x 12

110 x 12

Hip Adduction:

65 x 10

65 x 10

65 x 10

30 minutes on the elliptical

Edited by VeganGirl2006

i think i'm gonna start using fitday too! We can start together!!!! It is a big wake up call isn't it. i'm the same as lobsterrific in that i eat super healthy-but i LOVE TO EAT! I will eat til i am full always if its up to me. and i want to lose dammit!

Congrats on getting up early for they gym! i just did the same. sucks don't it? :P

i think i'm gonna start using fitday too! We can start together!!!! It is a big wake up call isn't it. i'm the same as lobsterrific in that i eat super healthy-but i LOVE TO EAT! I will eat til i am full always if its up to me. and i want to lose dammit!

Congrats on getting up early for they gym! i just did the same. sucks don't it? :P

My new FitDay buddy! Yeah, I love to eat too. It was a bit of a shock when I realized that yesterday's lunch was over 1000 calories. Sheesh!

My legs are still feeling like Jello from the gym this morning. I got up out of my chair at work after almost 2 hours and they wobbled! Hahahahaha! Just need to work them more. Thanks for the congrats on my getting up early though.

Thursday, June 4, 2009

good grief! They are replacing our carpet at work......for the third time! I came in and had to pack up all my stuff from my desk so they can move the desks and replace the carpet overnight. How fun.

Oh my legs are SORE today after yesterday's workout! I hope they are feeling less sore tomorrow because I am going to the gym again in the morning.

Breakfast: banana protein shake, hot and sour soup

Lunch: portobello pasta, minestrone soup, bread

dinner: pancakes with maple syrup and banana slices

Exercise: I rested today.

Edited by VeganGirl2006

I am so proud of your for getting up and getting to the gym. I do it and it is rough every morning. I am also sooooo proud that you tried a machine you were dreading. that is great! good job. VWAV is a great cookbook. I am trying to think of some of my fav recipes out of it.

I recently tried the tofu and potatoes in miso gravy out of VWAV, it was delicious! I also really like the mole chili, the punk rock chickpea gravy (I just eat a big bowl of the gravy for my dinner, no lie), the pizza dough is AMAZING, the roasted butternut squash soup....hmm, I'm sure there's more, that's just off the top of my head. I'm excited to see what you make out of it.

Friday, June 5, 2009

Today is a gym day. I'll be heading there shortly. My legs are still a little sore from Wednesday's workout so this should make things interesting.

I've noticed that my diet seems to be kind of heavy in carbs. I am going to work on that and find some new recipes in my cookbooks that don't rely so heavily on them.

Pre-workout: banana protein shake

Post workout:

Lunch:

Dinner:

Exercise:

Good luck at the gym! I know you'll do great!

I struggle with a really carb-heavy diet too. If it was up to me, that's all I would eat (well, with some peanut butter here and there...). I have to consciously put in the effort to eat a more balanced diet. But carbs are just so yummy....

Monday, June 8, 2009

I kind of got away from the forum over the weekend. I was super busy with stuff going on. I didn't track food either. I just tried not to overdo it.

The weigh in was nice actually! I lost 2.8 pounds this week, bring me down to 268 pounds. It's a loss of 3.2 over all.

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wFbpyMv/weight.png

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

I am off work today, which is cool! I am going to hit the gym this afternoon as well. Arm day! I have some friends coming over this evening for dinner too so I have to clean my house. It's a little messy. I was in the kitchen wiping down counters and doing the last of the dishes earlier this morning. Oh the joy of house cleaning.

Breakfast: coffee, Boca burger with Tofutti mozzarella and ketchup on a wheat bun

Lunch:

Dinner:

Exercise: