Female Vegan Bodybuilders?

Stats

854 lb Squat

600 lb Bench Press

683 lb Deadlift

2050 lb Total

I wish you guys would modernize a bit..I don't understand pounds, only kilos!

Aren-t most of you younger than me? Do all your gyms have the weights in pounds?

1 kilo = 2.2 pounds

Even though Canada IS metric, my gym has all imperial measurements too!

Thanks! My gym uses kilos! So that would mean I only squat 154lbs? Uff! thats crap! but i suppose I only started squatting in Feb this year so doing more than my body weight is ok for now, but I want MUCH bigger legs! What do the rest of you girls squat just for curiosity? I used to hate squats but after forcing myself to do them I-ve become addicted and the only problem is that i can-t do them everyday because I don't grow if i don't rest. i love front squats, lateral squats, Hungarian split squats, sumo squats and especially box squats. I-m also getting pretty addicted to deadlifts too! problem is that there aren-t many gyms nowadays that have good equipment for free weight training. My gym only has 1 set of 10 kilo dumbells! so thats 22lbs right? I think they must be the most popular because we are always fighting over them....its ridiculous! They also only have 2 sets of 15kilo dumbells..I just wish the guys at my gym werent so weedy so they could leave the smaller weights for me. In my home town of Birmingham Uk we have loads of brilliant spit and sawdust type gyms where none of the guys would be seen dead stealing the "girly" weights of me!! If I could find a good gym I think I would progress quicker..its really frustrating!

In my home town of Birmingham Uk....
BLACK SABBATH!

Stats

854 lb Squat

600 lb Bench Press

683 lb Deadlift

2050 lb Total

I wish you guys would modernize a bit..I don't understand pounds, only kilos! Aren-t most of you younger than me? Do all your gyms have the weights in pounds?
I lift at home, my BB/DB plates are in pounds. Modernize for what??? We're arrogant Americans.

Hey Ruz, I wish we could hang out sometime. It would be a blast.

Measurement challenge: Ruz, how many cm are in an inch?

I wish you guys would modernize a bit..I don't understand pounds, only kilos!

Aren-t most of you younger than me? Do all your gyms have the weights in pounds?

Something funny I read once:

America is moving toward the metric system inch by inch.

It's actually a really serious problem. NASA must do everything in both imperial and metric because of its international collaborations and has even lost spacecraft due to imperial/metric mistakes.

In my home town of Birmingham Uk....
BLACK SABBATH!

OK get this...ozzy-s gran used to live about 1km away from me! Also, its not only Sabbath, don-t forget led zeppelin are from Birmingham! I actually saw Robert Plant in a local bar in Walsall a few years ago but was to embarrassed to go in and ask for an autograph!

I used to listen to both groups as a kid and saw Sabbath 3 or 4 times live at the famous donnington rock festival and the NEC if I remember correctly. I still think they are great and still load the odd sabbath track into my MP3, although i dont tend to listen to Zeppelin now because their music has dated more than that of sabbath..the hippy lyrics just dont do it for me anymore, although of course they are still a classic band!

So who was your fave Sabbath singer?

Hey Ruz, I wish we could hang out sometime. It would be a blast.

Wow yeah! That would be great! Shame you live so far away...but let me know if you ever visit Eurpoe!

Measurement challenge: Ruz, how many cm are in an inch?

Actually, I-m OK with inches because there-s some parts of the male body I STILL measure in inches mmm..think an inch is roughly 2.5cm isn-t it?

2.54cm= 1 inch

Did you ever say "Hi" to Ozzy's grandmother? I didn't know Zeppelin were from Birmingham. If I saw Robert Plant in a local bar, I would freak out.

Fave Sabbath singer? Ozzy of course. I love Mob Rules with Ronnie James Dio. Heaven and Hell is good, but not great.

2.54cm= 1 inch

Did you ever say "Hi" to Ozzy's grandmother? I didn't know Zeppelin were from Birmingham. If I saw Robert Plant in a local bar, I would freak out.

Fave Sabbath singer? Ozzy of course. I love Mob Rules with Ronnie James Dio. Heaven and Hell is good, but not great.

No..i never said Hi..she was famed for being crazy so now you know where Ozzy gets it from! Ozzy is my fave too although Dio was great..i loved his 'dream evil' solo album

quote]

Actually, I-m OK with inches because there-s some parts of the male body I STILL measure in inches mmm..think an inch is roughly 2.5cm isn-t it?

Some men are better off with centimeters... Its more feasible.

• 2 years later...

Hello, my name is Jehina Malik and I'm born vegan! I began bodybuilding in 1999! I have done 13 bodybuilding shows mainly placing in the top 5. I have won 5 first places in my division! The more people that told me it wasn't possible for me to be a bodybuilder being vegan just made me train even harder!!! You can google my name Jehina Malik or go to female vegan bodybuilder to see some of my contest pictures, by putting in jehina workouts you can see me in a little action and you can see a couple interviews!

I'm breaking all barriers, ANYTHING is possible!

This is the reason I'm supa glad I found this site!!!!!!! I'm currently training very privately...not at the gym scene..really enjoying my workouts away from the crowd. Over the summer I was doing a lot of travel with Track & Field and easing my way back into Calisthenics....June was my last show...did amazing and I'm def ready for some more. Looking forward to the announcer saying ".....Our Overall Winner and She's a Vegan!!!!!!""".....too awesome!!!!

http://i44.tinypic.com/2ept55l.jpg

Feeling Fruity!!! Fueling my body with Fruits!!!

• 1 year later...