brand new

anthony.acock

hello,

i started working out last month. hopefully i can stick with it. ive been a long time friend with roberts older sister, and found him pretty inspiring in the past so i thought id give fitness a try. ive got a long way to go, and im not sure what my ultimate goal is. i look forward to killing time at work on this board getting inspired to work out.

regards,

anthony

Hey Anthony,

Great to see you on here. Thanks for the e-mail as well (maybe I just couldn't read Adam's handwriting).

This specific Forum is pretty new, but we have a great group of people on here and it continues to grow everyday as others discover it.

Keep on reading through the site and when you have some specific goals in mind, ask any questions you want about how to achieve them. We all have different backgrounds in sports, but most of us on here lift weights to assist our athletic performance and focus on vegan foods for nutrition.

Best of luck and thanks again for joining our group!

I'll be sure to tell Tanya that you joined the team.

Take care,

I've known Anthony for probably about 10 years or slightly longer. He lived with my sister up in Olympia Washington when they were both attending college there.

Anthony was a skateboarder in the town we grew up in (where I am currently living in Corvallis) and he was probably the best skateboarder I'd ever seen. He was somewhat of a local legend when it came to riding the board. I remember him showing me photos of him jumping off 12-foot ledges and crazy tricks and stunts like that.

He was awesome to watch and in my later years in high school I really got into skateboarding. I was never very good but had a great time learning to ride and Olly up curbs and trying to hop over 2x4s I'd put in the road and stuff like that. My friends and I would skate around town and even my little neighbor got into it and he's totally good now and for a while wanted to go pro. He's getting more involved with music though now.

There is a kid I used to babysit who is now a sponsored athlete through skateboarding and it was guys like Anthony who got it all started in our town, he was the best while he was here.

Anthony was also a fast runner. He was one of the fastest in our school growing up. I also became a runner and got to be pretty fast too, ranking #1 sometimes at school when we ran the mile. Then I ran on the #2 ranked cross country team in Oregon and ran for a year for Oregon State University. I don't run now, but lift weights and play basketball instead. But Anthony was fast and he could skateboard, two of my main intrests back then and he was older than me so I could look up to him.

I haven't seen him in a couple of years, not since shortly after my 2003 bodybuilding contest in California. I recall him posing with my award wearing a vegan bodybuilding t-shirt with an intense "flexing" 'look' in his face.

So it's great to have him here. It's really cool have people impact your life and they may never know it, and then later down the road you have an impact on theirs in some way.

wow, robert.

that was probabbly the nicest thing anyone has ever written about me.

Anthony,

No problem. I think as we go through life we don't always realize the impacts that we have on others. I am very fortunate to get e-mails everyday from people saying how my website helped them or how they were inspired by me in some way, etc. It is nice to hear. Others may not hear it as often but I'm sure they impact others along the way just as much.

It may be as something as small as being nice to someone, or remembering their name, or teaching them something new.....perhaps a compliment that they will always remember; all of those little things that we do on a daily basis can do wonders to brighten the lives of others.

My very favorite thing is to see joy experienced by others, be it friends or strangers. So I'm glad you appreciated the words. I just write whats on my mind, I don't know how to tell it any other way.

Thanks again for being part of our awesome vegan online community that we're growing everyday.

• 3 weeks later...

Anthony,

So your a skateboarding legend, eh??

I tried skateboarding but lasted only about 5 seconds before I feel on my ass.

I would love top learn how to surf, but somebody said that if you cannot skateboard, you won't be able to surf. Apparently, before one surfs, one should learn how to skateboard. Is that true??

natalie

• 6 months later...
I tried skateboarding but lasted only about 5 seconds before I feel on my ass.

If I was shameless enough to say something about someone elses butt it would be this: "I would give a lot to see you falling on that beautiful thing"

Edited by flanders77