NHL Stanley Cup Finals: Any Hockey Fans, eh?

Guest 4X4

I also think the pens will be contenders for years to come.
That's what I meant. Before the series began Mark Messier said in an interview on nhl.com that he sees a lot of similarities b/t the Pens and the 80's Oilers. They lost in their first SC finals appearance, learned from the experience, and won the next year. Also, the depth at the center position.

Hey, when's Sid the Kid going to buy his own crib and move out of Mario's?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, I haven't heard anything. I'll check out nhl.com regularly for updates.

Sid needs a bachelor pad. He's 21 and could have any woman in Pittsburgh or Canada right now. I hope he stays away from bongs and cameras unlike Michael Phelps.

maybe he isn't that kind of guy. if you hear anything let me know. I'm curious. That hit looked bad on his knee and he couldn't really play afterwards. He was out the whole 2nd period after it and then took one short shift in the 3rd to test it and then never came back. Although he looked fine getting the cup but that was probably just excitement and not nearly as much stress on trying to play hockey.

series began Mark Messier said in an interview on nhl.com that he sees a lot of similarities b/t the Pens and the 80's Oilers.

I was HUGE into hockey when it came to players like Gretzky, Messier, Coffey, kurri, Grant Fuhr, Guy lafure, Brett Hull, Yzerman.

My favorite playoffs back then was when the Oilers were playing the Flyers.

Hextall was such an A$$ but an amazing goalie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrBB1jRju5k

series began Mark Messier said in an interview on nhl.com that he sees a lot of similarities b/t the Pens and the 80's Oilers.

I was HUGE into hockey when it came to players like Gretzky, Messier, Coffey, kurri, Grant Fuhr, Guy lafure, Brett Hull, Yzerman.

Me too. Except Guy Lafleur was washed up by the early 80's except for the 79-80 season.

You forgot to mention Glenn Anderson, Marcel Dionne, Peter Stastny, Ray Bourque, Super Mario, Mike Bossy, Brian Trottier, Denis Potvin, Adam Oates, Billy Smith, Al MacInnis, Gary Suter, Phil Housley, Michel Goulet, Denis Savard, and Dale Hawerchuk.

How many of the 20 were scored by Edmonton Oilers, I lost count?

That was an amazing pass from Gretzky's bodyguard the great Dave Semenko.

Tasha, don't bash Hextall. He revolutionized the goalie position with his stick handling ability. You know you're good when a league changes rules because of you 7 years after you retire. Hextall wasn't afraid of a scrum either unlike a lot of punk ass goalies.

The Oilers will always be my all time favorite team, and Gretzky will always be one of my favorite hockey players of all times.

The same year Gretzky got traded to the Kings. The kings use to practice at an small arena out here in Victoria. Gretzky signed my stick and my kings flyer as well as Kelly Rudy, Luc Robitaille and many others. That was the last year they practice here.

Oh yeah another mindless facts and quirks.

Walter Gretzky plays golf here at the Bear Mtn.

My mom also use to clean Jeff and Russ Courtnal's Kid's teeth.

This weekend, Linden was out here for the grand opening of Canadian Tire. I think that's all to report here for now. haha !

You're right about Hextall. Famous stick smacking against his goal posts. Come on give it to me a$$es I'll run you down !

But he's no where's compares to Patrick Roy

The Oilers will always be my all time favorite team, and Gretzky will always be one of my favorite hockey players of all times.
The Oilers and Gretzky are my favorite team and athlete of all time. There will never be another team or athlete that entertaining, explosive or will capture my imagination like they did.

Penguins captain Sidney Crosby said the jammed left knee that put him on the bench for all but one shift during the second half of Pittsburgh's 2-1 victory in Game 7 of the Stanley Cup finals Friday in Detroit isn't serious.

On Sunday, a doctor told Crosby that an MRI exam probably won't be needed.

"In a few weeks, it should be all right," said Crosby, who will take part in the Penguins' victory parade Monday in Pittsburgh.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/playoffs/2009/news?id=4258579

Fantastic game! The Red Wings never had a chance!!!
Actually Detriot did have several chances with a flurry late in the 3rd period. Fleury and the goal post stopped that late game surge.

• 11 months later...