PCRM

offense74

I read in another thread (hey it rimes ) that PCRM was tightly connected with PETA. I don't think there is something wrong with that but I want a discussion about who to trust when it comes to reasearch.

I try to get my information from different sources, both vegan and omni. Usually I follow links from forums at different places and watch out for certain things (for example, if someone is saying that the occasional fish or fish oil is slowly going to turn you into an ogre I tend to get sceptical).

Anywhoot, I tend to put some trust in a few vegan-friendly people:

Joel Fuhrman

Michael Greger

Dean Ornish

So, what gives?

not sure about a link between the two, but i wouldn't be too surprised considering PETA used to have their headquarters just a handful of miles away from PCRM.

i do know that PCRM has more doctors on staff and affiliated than they did 5-10 years ago. ~for what it's worth.

Do you know who start criticizing PETA and PCRM?

Our enemies such as Richard Berman http://www.consumerdeception.com/

and American for Medical Progress http://www.ampef.org/

Knowing PCRM is doing wonderful research on human health, of course this organization encourages vegan life style like PETA is doing.

I deeply respect these two organizations because these organizations were standing on what they know and believe when veganism was unpopular.

Compare these brave leaders to rabbis who hesitated to speak against veganism and vivisection because substantial numbers of medical doctors and researchers who are to be found in the membership of synagogues and even more significantly, who sit on congrecational board of directors.

If I were you, I pay no mind to what our enemies tell us.

Do you know who start criticizing PETA and PCRM?

Our enemies such as Richard Berman http://www.consumerdeception.com/

and American for Medical Progress http://www.ampef.org/

Knowing PCRM is doing wonderful research on human health, of course this organization encourages vegan life style like PETA is doing.

I deeply respect these two organizations because these organizations were standing on what they know and believe when veganism was unpopular.

Compare these brave leaders to rabbis who hesitated to speak against veganism and vivisection because substantial numbers of medical doctors and researchers who are to be found in the membership of synagogues and even more significantly, who sit on congrecational board of directors.

If I were you, I pay no mind to what our enemies tell us.

You have no grasp on reality at all do you? You seriously are completely insane.

I've been a proud member of the PCRM for several years now and on some forums I've posted to in the past (most notably the fitness forum on bicycling.com) I've seen many a rant directed at this organization and its purported affliation with PETA. As PETA is unfortunately a bit extremist and militant in its tactics, what better way to denegrate the PCRM than to link the two organizations together.

I had the pleasure of attending a lecture by PCRM's president, Dr. Neal Barnard and personally visiting with him. A more compassionate, learned and cogent lecturer you are unlikely to ever meet, IMO. It was possibly the most edifying and delightful evening I've ever experienced. I'm ever so grateful I did not spend it with a former girlfriend who hailed from a big ranching family. She would have ruined it completely for me...

I've been a proud member of the PCRM for several years now and on some forums I've posted to in the past (most notably the fitness forum on bicycling.com) I've seen many a rant directed at this organization and its purported affliation with PETA. As PETA is unfortunately a bit extremist and militant in its tactics, what better way to denegrate the PCRM than to link the two organizations together.

I had the pleasure of attending a lecture by PCRM's president, Dr. Neal Barnard and personally visiting with him. A more compassionate, learned and cogent lecturer you are unlikely to ever meet, IMO. It was possibly the most edifying and delightful evening I've ever experienced. I'm ever so grateful I did not spend it with a former girlfriend who hailed from a big ranching family. She would have ruined it completely for me...

I have nothing against PETA. But they have an agenda, much like any other interest group and therefore PCRM's research might be bent to suit the goals of PETA.

sinisterkungfu:

Quit your day job. Make avatars. You will be a millionaire in time for beach 2006.

I don't make them, I steal them.

Everytime I see Mr. T I wonder how much those gold chains weigh.

I use to love The A Team. Of course, I've been in love with George Peppard since Breakfast at Tiffany's. He was like 56 when he died -- so young.

"I love it when a plan comes together!"