Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: my routine - starting monday - let me know what you think
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:37 pm 
Gorilla

chrisjs wrote:
DaniAni wrote:
I believe that he was drinking diet gatorade which did contain aspartame. Regular gatorade is pretty high in calories (310 calories for 12oz.) I was just trying to emphasize that there are probably better options that are healthier.
Diet Gatorade was introduced 7 years after that guy died. I'm not trying to say Gatorade is necessarily good for anyone, but it's not accurate to single out the gatorade or the creatine from that article, when it's the diet soda which supposedly could have caused the poisoning. I'm not even sure why they mentioned the gatorade.

Also, "For about a month prior to his death, Fleming had complained to his wife about shortness of breath and intermittent nausea. For years Fleming drank ten or more 12-ounce cans of diet soft drinks each day and each evening had 2-4 mixed drinks of bourbon and Diet Sprite. He drank very little water and never tea or coffee. while on his fitness regimen, he ate various protein health bars and took several pharmaceutical preparations including Prevacid, digestive antacid, Tetracycline (antibiotic), Naproxed (digestive anti-inflammatory ), a multivitamin with iron and Vancenase AQ, a nasal inhaler for allergies."

I think the lesson here is don't drink 120+ oz of diet soft drinks and 2-4 mixed drinks per day along with a variety of medications and supplements while not hydrating. This guy was a bomb waiting to go off.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:34 pm 
Stegosaurus

you guys If this was my training log, My head would be twisting. So in all respect. He ask for open suggestions not an ego debate.
So if you're courteous I would end it here.

Sorry for posting this too xjohnfastx

As far as I'm concerned you're doing a good job, keep it up :)

PS Zack is the man
if you need any advice he's one of the guys to ask for.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:50 pm 
Rabbit

xjohanx wrote:
My opinion too. With a thought out split you can get away with doing one a.m. and one p.m. workout but your routine doesn't fall under that category. Are you sure you posted it correctly? It would make more sense if the day 1 p.m. swtiched place with the day 2 p.m. and you had at least one whole day of rest in between. I'm not sure if I read your OP correctly but you say 2 day split and your off day is wednesday. Does that mean you're going to train 6 days a week? If so, think twice about it.
Your split seems to be thought out for a person on steroids, and I'm assuming you are not (correct me if I'm wrong).

Nah, definitely not on steroids. I just have a lot of energy, I guess. I like working out in the morning. Its a good way to start off the day and I feel great all day long. By the time I get home from work (about 5:15) I feel like I want to work out again. So I figured I would.

xjohanx wrote:
I also second the comment about switching decline presses to dips. First of all because dips are one of the best excersises ever unless you have shoulder joints issues but also because decline presses can be dangerous. Having you head below you feet (blood rushing to your head) and pressing heavy ass weights is not a good idea. I've seen reports of blood clots happening due to that excersise. !

I decided to drop the decline presses and do pushups instead.