How many of you drink green tea?

violet13

I kept drinking Japanese green tea every day from infancy and I cannot live without it.

I am just interested to know how many of you are drinking green tea for wonderful health benefit.

When I tell my age to people, nobody believes me because I look least 20 years younger than my actual age.

Vegan life style has many wonderful blessing!

In my opinion, the little known (but by no means under-researched) rooibos (Aspthalus linearis) or Red Tea is superior to Camilla sinensis in its various guises, e.g. oolong, green, black, darjeeling, etc. All green tea is basically, is semi-fermented black tea with 1/3 the caffeine level.

Red tea contains higher levels of antioxidants--including the powerful superoxide-dismutase, vitamins and minerals, contains no caffeine and very low tannin levels (important since tannin in traditional tea inhibits vitamin/mineral absorption). The best thing of all? The taste! More full bodied than green tea that blends exceptionally well with apple juice or white grape juice.

Google rooibos sometime (pronounced "roy-boss"--Afrikaans for "red bush") and discover for yourself what a splendid beverage this truly is.

I drink it every day at least once. My stomach gets a little iffy with some of the brands. Sencha is usually fine though .

I drank it for the first time when I was in Japan a few years ago. I got my first zip from a bottle I got from a vending machine. I thought it was grapejuice or something......until I tasted it. It was cold, green tea. It was aweful.But after a few days I learned to love it. When I was in Japan I also had green tea softspread. Interesting

Drink green tea sometimes.

Much prefer roobisch, redbush. Ask Jonathan!! Taste's delicious, very soothing. I can't drink normal black tea any longer, which is what Brit's normally drink.

Michael, Cristian - have you tried some of the flavoured roobisch tea's- vanilla, caramel??

• 4 weeks later...

I used to drink a lot, but now that I'm lifting weights (with the whalins and tannin in green tea), I try not to drink it with meals, so I have it have it only at certain intervals of the day.

My family buys a lot of bottled water though, so I'll take the empty bottles and brew a quart of green tea, squeeze some lemon, ice it, and fill up 4 - 5 bottles and take them to school, now *THAT'S* what I call recycling.

White tea is green tea but unprocessed. If you find that green tea is too strong...white tea is preferrable. And better health benefits!

http://lpi.oregonstate.edu/new/whitetea.html

"White tea" does not refer to black tea with milk, but rather to a specific form of tea in which the leaves and buds are simply steamed and dried. In this sense, white tea represents the least processed form of tea, since green, oolong and black teas undergo withering before various degrees of oxidation.

White teas contained many of the expected polyphenols, some of which were present at higher concentrations than in green tea brewed under the same conditions. Other constituents, such as caffeine, also were present at higher levels in white tea.

Cool, a link from Oregon State University. That is where my Dad teaches and where Megan goes to school.

wnddrrwmnn, you should introduce yourself in the Intros section. We would love to hear more about you. Thanks for joining our group.

-Robert

Cool, a link from Oregon State University. That is where my Dad teaches and where Megan goes to school.

wnddrrwmnn, you should introduce yourself in the Intros section. We would love to hear more about you. Thanks for joining our group.

-Robert

OH how awesome! Well, see, then you should try it...I love the stuff!

I did BTW put in a loooong intro. Sorry, but don't ask for things if you aren't ready for my long windedness..hehe. Also, I must thank you for the link to the site. It's come in really handy and I look forward to reading through all the posts. I'll be posting I'm sure alot of questions...I hope you all don't get too bored with me too soon!

• 1 month later...

I love chai, the Indian tea with spices. It can have a base of black tea, green tea, Pu-erh...whatever - plus, pepper, nutmeg, cardamom, coriander and such. I love rooibos, too. My parents brought some from South Africa last year and it's far better than the one I get here in Spain.

I have at least a cup of tea a day. And, don't ask me why, but I hate coffee - can't stand its taste.

I have become a bit of a tea snob over the years.

I enjoy green tea but generally only loose tea. There are only a couple green teas in bags that I like ...a brand called yogi and Tazo

I have to agree on Rooibos though. It's awesome!

We have a local coffee/tea shop nearby and they have several different blends of Rooibos........ raspberry, mint, citrus, peach....over a dozen.

The taste is unbelievable AND it's good for you

I have yet to try Rooibos. I will. I drink alot of tea. I like white tea too as it isn't as processed as green so holds more antioxidants. Black tea is pretty worthless, but if I go out to eat I typically drink it.