Ninja Training & Diet Vol. 4

I am eating spoonfuls of peanut butter while I type this. It seems to be right thing to do while reading your log. Anyway, That is funny story about your taping and the police. Sorry to hear about your injury. hope it gets better. Looking forward to hear if you get the FS position.

I got the job at the sanctuary, which means I will be getting paid and also working 5 days a week. It's really going to kick my arse I think, at least initially. I just worked 3 days in a row, now have a day off, then work 4 days in a row my feet are killing me.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.vegetarian-shoes.co.uk/product_images/info/prdfbdb5b6a-3c38-469d-9a0d-86ab01b83407.jpg

Thanks dudes. Been working hard the last couple of weeks, it's tough working day after day at such a physical job, I've never done anything like this before. Feet still hurt, but not quite as bad as before. I've bought an expensive pair of boots from http://www.vegetarian-shoes.co.uk which are a little more comfortable, I just hope they last because they were £90. I have been unable to find any other non-leather steel toe-capped boots that are suitable.

I think I am starting to lose a bit of flab, I should be really considering the amount of cardio that is involved. Continued filming Ninja vs Jason 2 on Saturday, going well, we took some photos also which I will share once I get them.

• 2 weeks later...

Well what kind of fight was it? Couldn't the Ninja creep up and snap their neck? That's my first line of attack generally.

Okay I've been working full-time for several weeks now. Some days have been hard and I've been utterly depressed at times for various reasons. Other days have been good. Starting to lose weight now I am pretty certain, as my pecs are slightly more visible, and my stomach seems flatter. Also I have suddenly found it easier to do pull-ups again. Hair is slowly getting longer, and we are making steady progress with the film. Also some other potential news, but have to wait and see.

The other day at the sanctuary, we cleared out a bunch of crap, and found a tire with a rats nest in it. The guy I was working with then started clearing out the tire, and discovered that there was a (live) baby rat in there, very young, no fur, eyes still closed, probably only about 1.5 inches long. He looked at it for a while, then proceeded to throw the rat into the trash, and pile on more trash on top of it. I didn't know what to do - since rats are exterminated, and nobody gives a shit (even though it's an animal sanctuary???). So I made sure the rat didn't suffocate, then later when nobody was looking I got it out, and took it to a safe place and left it there. I assumed it would still die, since it would be without food for the rest of the day until I could go back to it. But when I got there, it was still alive, so I took it home, and phoned around until I found someone who knew how to look after such young animals, and gave it to them. I presume that it has died, though I will phone again soon to find out. I just find it unbelievable that someone would throw a baby animal into the trash. Any animal is bad enough, but this thing was so helpless.

http://www.godfist.com/rocktank/photos/ninja_fight_2009/richard_axe.jpg

http://www.godfist.com/rocktank/photos/ninja_fight_2009/mark_machete_2.jpg

good for you ninja man!!!

I absolutely agree with you and with what you did.

Rats are actually quite intelligent animals and it's a shame that people dismiss them as vermin.

I hope it lives.

as far as the Spartan vs Ninja showdown:

they incorporated everything you could think of, the Ninja's stealth, use of weapons such as the black egg, throwing stars, sword, blow darts

The spartan's shield seemed to be the difference. It acts as both a defence and an offensive weapon.

well the Ninja DID try to sneak up on the Spartan and then when he was unable to get close enough, and was then unable to get past the shield, resorted to running away and hiding (waiting for sneak attacks)

Is there no HONOUR????

Spartans would cringe at such cowardice!!!!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Work continues to go well, since I have been there a while I am now getting a performance bonus which is nice, though I am still in the "emergency tax" bracket until the tax people sort it out, so I am getting taxed something like 21%. Will get a rebate eventually which will be good.

Got kicked in BOTH LEGS by a horse on Friday. Both legs at once. Hit me in the kneecap on my left leg, and hit me in the shin on my right. Had to miss the day on Saturday to recover, now it's not so bad. I thought he had broke my leg it hurt so bad, and it sounded like a big crack when it connected. So much for vegans having weak bones, seems like there is only external damage.

Also big news is that a dude at the sanctuary set me up with a vegan girl he knows, and we're now in a relationship after seeing each other a few times. I'd written myself off basically regarding relationships, never thought I'd be happy, and just resigned myself to loneliness. But it feels great to be around her and so all my negativity about relationships has just dissolved, it felt like I just had to be with her, she is a great person. It has really boosted my mood, and makes my life easier as there is now something that really makes me happy, things don't seem like such a struggle anymore, feel like I have more of a direction and more hope.

bruise.jpg.82494f6ffe5d029db3e973a1d4b72d10.jpg

Also big news is that a dude at the sanctuary set me up with a vegan girl he knows, and we're now in a relationship after seeing each other a few times. I'd written myself off basically regarding relationships, never thought I'd be happy, and just resigned myself to loneliness. But it feels great to be around her and so all my negativity about relationships has just dissolved, it felt like I just had to be with her, she is a great person. It has really boosted my mood, and makes my life easier as there is now something that really makes me happy, things don't seem like such a struggle anymore, feel like I have more of a direction and more hope.

Congratulations, man!

Oh, and by the way - that bruise looks cool! I hope it'll leave a scar. At least that's what I always hope for when I get a serious bruise or scratch, or something such

Thanks. Yeah, my girlfriend said if it doesn't leave a scar then it wasn't worth it

You can always try harder next time, considering you're around animals almost every day

• 1 month later...

Okay! I have been the busiest that I have ever been. Still working full time, and some days I am now having to work the early shift, which means starting at 6am, which means getting out of bed at 4:30am, then getting home at 5pm. Many days I am pooped and just go lay down after work. Also me and my girlfriend are doing well, and I try to go see her as much as I can, but it is only for a few hours at a time right now, I may move to her town to save all the traveling (she lives about 1 hour away). All kinds of shit going wrong with my family as usual, but I am enjoying my own life and trying to get away from that, I feel much more positive and happy than I have for a long time, probably the happiest I have ever been.

At work, I've been referred to as "muscle man", "muscles from Brussels" (not sure why?) and "soy bean". It is nice that people accept that I am strong, and that I am vegan. Normally people just don't accept it, and would say I am weak because I am vegan. But when they need someone to carry, lift or push something, they often come to me. The work is keeping me fit, my legs are the best they've ever been as I am constantly on my feet all day. Still got some work to do, but I am still adjusting to my new schedule and weight training isn't fitting in at all really right now, so it's just the labour at work which is maintaining me.

The new Ninja vs Jason movie is almost complete now, it has been a long road. Will have a new trailer in the next day or so, and we will be working on the final cut of the final film over the next couple of weeks. I'm stoked, I am very proud of what we have achieved so far, it's the most professional product that I've made I think. It will be great to share it with everyone.

This is the best post I've read in a long time!

I love reading things like, "This is the happiest I've ever been" and tons of other great things in this post! Awesome man! So pumped to read it!

So happy for you!

Let's keep in touch. I know you've been busy but I always love being in touch with you and hearing about what you're up to.

Great trailer for the movie too! Already watched it

Have an awesome week Muscle Man....Muscles from Brussels!!!

Thanks dude, yeah things are going pretty well, it is like a new chapter in my life, things are pretty different and I feel different. Just a shame that some things I haven't had the time to do so much.

Here is the trailer for anyone who hasn't checked it yet: