Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Cubby's fitness blog
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 8:07 am 
Gorilla

I can imagine! That's going to be so cool! :) I can't wait to hear how it goes for you.

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, we'd all be vegetarians."
-Linda McCartney

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:38 pm 
Elephant

Driving to Boston Friday, arriving Saturday. I have taken a week off from training, because I am incredibly busy and also work on the ditch of my arm for my sleeve three days in a row. I couldn't sleep the third night and can't bend my arm very much. I will be back into it this Monday and will start my personal training schooling a week later.

I plan on joining the Boston Vegan Association to meet some cool people and hopefully get a network of vegan clientele lined up, so I can train and design meal plans for vegans at least some of the time.

I am so pumped! :boxer:

The metric system is socialized measurment. If you implement it it will only be a matter of time before your grandma will stand in front of a death panel being forced to deny the existance of baby Jesus.

-offense74

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:36 pm 
Site Admin

Have an awesome drive!

I have friends in Boston and travel there every year. You gotta attend the Boston Vegetarian Festival....it rocks! Usually not until around Nov. 1st or late Oct. but put it on your calendar!

Have a great time!

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:41 pm 
Elephant

I will definitely attend that. Marking it down right now.

The metric system is socialized measurment. If you implement it it will only be a matter of time before your grandma will stand in front of a death panel being forced to deny the existance of baby Jesus.

-offense74

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:07 pm 
Rabbit

Welcome to Massachusetts! If you haven't already gotten it.

You're gonna love Boston! :)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:45 pm 
Site Admin

Hope you're having a great drive. LOVED finally meeting you earlier this year....after all the years of being in touch.

So cool that you'll be in Mass since I travel there often and my best friend from childhood lives in Boston which makes that my favorite time of year, those times I visit.

All the best!

Safe and happy travels!

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:32 pm 
Elephant

Thanks for the welcome, caho!

Yeah, it was great to finally meet you, Robert. I can't wait to see you at the veg fest out here!

-offense74

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:50 pm 
Elephant

I started my first dose of high volume training about two weeks ago. I've never done a really proper hypertrophy program, but the instructors in my PT cert program helped me design a program: lots of volume, low rest periods. every month or so, I will switch to a strength program to "fill" my muscles with strength and give them a different stimulus.

I am eating some heavier calorie loads, something I always back away from when I try to bulk, greatly hurting my efforts. I need to get over the fear of gaining back too much fat, which my instructors are a great help with.

I think I am finally going to realize some of my potential.

-offense74

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:13 am 
Gorilla

cubby2112 wrote:
I am eating some heavier calorie loads, something I always back away from when I try to bulk, greatly hurting my efforts. I need to get over the fear of gaining back too much fat, which my instructors are a great help with.

I also share this exact same fear. If you ever get a free chance I'd welcome some banter re:this.

Last edited by LocalBrada on Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:56 am 
Elephant

Sure, I'd be up to discussing it.

-offense74

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:18 pm 
Elephant

I am closing in on my old RDL and squat PRs. It shouldn't be too much longer until I surpass them. I'd give it about six months. My regular deadlifts are coming along nicely now that I had a trainer show me the form. I might nail 500lbs on deadlifts in a year or year and six months. My upper body lifts are finally inching along as well. Going to school to be a personal trainer is definitely helping.

-offense74

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:32 pm 
Elephant

I never put my sets and reps on here. I will try to get more regular about this, at least for my strength lifts. Today was RDLs and bent over barbell rows with long rest periods, with some stuff added in to fill gaps, like closegrip bench, done with short rest periods.

RDLs: 5x3@405, 1x2@405
Bent over rows: 4x3@135, 2x4@135

The reps on the rows were weird because I often end up leaving one in the tank for bent over rows, because it is so easy to let my form go to crap. I need to work on that.

-offense74

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:31 pm 
Gorilla

Quote:
RDLs: 5x3@405, 1x2@405
Bent over rows: 4x3@135, 2x4@135

That's heavy mate!
Good looking program you have planned out

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:01 am 
Elephant

Thanks, Joel.

On Friday I did some seated barbell military: 5x5@105
This lift is finally moving up, which along with bench, is my most troublesome lift. I filled in some calf presses, with some upright and high rows.

Yesterday was deadlifts and chins.
Deads: 6x3@345
Chins: 6x1@body weight + 50lbs on a belt
I did some body weight chins after to fill in a little more volume, then threw in some ab work.

-offense74

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:06 pm 
Elephant

Gonna try to keep this rolling.

Yesterday
Squats: 5x3@275, 1x2@275
Bench: 5x3@185, 1x3@185
Filler

Today
RDL: 4x5@385, 1x4@385
Bent Over BB Rows: 3x5@135, 2x4@135
Filler

-offense74

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next