Disco Turbo Training 2000

npx

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No idea who has it trademark on it. I get it from my training program and I use it as a backoff exercise to work my joints in my shoulders nothing to build mass more to prevent injuries.

1 hour powerwalk at lunch

and 10 min light jogging in the afternoon.

My condition is probably equal with a 80 year old lady in a wheelchair. So I gonna try to do some light jogging on my offdays until I can reach 16 min and then introduce sprints to do some hiit.

I use it as a backoff exercise to work my joints in my shoulders nothing to build mass more to prevent injuries.

I think that exercise is more likely to cause injury.

Yeah on higher weights, but since I do It as a backoffset with low weight no worries and i don't push it to the max either. It is also done last in the program so my shoulders are really warm. But of course this is the bar movement that causes shoulder injuries so there is a risk. Thanks for the input and there is nice to see that there is someone more than Phil that reads my diary.

Legs, lower back, calves and traps

Weight x Reps (Wanted Reps If I fail)

WU = Warmup set

WK = Work set

Deadlift

WU 70kg x 10, 90kg x 8

WK 115kg x 5 120kg x 5

Clean Pull

WK 90kg x 5

High Pull

WK 70kg x 4 (5)

Leg Press (only plates in kg)

WU 70kg x 8, 120kg x 5

WK 135kg x 5, 150kg x 5

Barbell Squat Explosive

WK 70kg x 8

Barbell Squat Jump

WK 50kg x 10

Shrugs Triset (Barbell Shrug, Barbell Shrug Explosive From Hang Above Knees, Barbell Shrug Jump From Hang Above Knees)

WK 70kg x 4, 70kg x 4 70kg x 4

Abs

Comments: Changed the squats for legpresses since I am fed up with squats and need variation.

Biceps and Upper Back

WU = Warm Up

WK = Work Set

Dumbell Seated Hammer Curl

WU 10kg x 10, 15kg x 8

WK 22,5kg x 5, 25kg x 5

Dumbell Seated Biceps Curl

WK 20kg x 10

Dumbell Seated Biceps Curl Reverse Grip

WK 15kg x 15

Barbell Bent-Over Row

WU 50kg x 10, 70kg x 8

WK 85kg x 5, 87,5kg x 5

Barbell Bent-Over Row Reverse Grip

WK 80kg x 10

Barbell Bent-Over Row Wide Grip

WK 70kg x 15

Chinup

WU 40 x 10 (Machine), BW x 8

WK BW+17,5kg x 5, BW+20kg x 4 (5)

Pull up

WK BW x 5 (5-10)

WK 70kg x 5 (5-10) (Machine)

Wide-Grip Pull down

WK 50 x 10 (Machine)

Triceps, Shoulders and Chest Workout

WU = Warmup set

WK = Work set

Pushdown (Some Cable crap)

WU 20kg x 10, 30kg x 8

WK 47,5kg x 5 50kg x 5

Ez-Bar lying press

WK 40kg x 10

Ez-Bar seated press

WK 30kg x 12 (15)

Barbell Seated Shouldepress Front

WU 25kg x 10, 35kg x 8

WK 57,5kg x 5 60kg x 5

Barbell Seated Shoulderpress

WK 40kg x 10

Barbell Seated Shoulderpress Wide Grip

WK 30kg x 15

Barbell Benchpress (Smithmachine)

WU 50kg x 10, 70kg x 8

WK 100kg x 4 (5), 100kg x 5

Barbell Benchpress Wide Grip (Smithmachine)

WK 80kg x 10

Barbell Benchpress Wide Grip Feet on Bench to neck (Smithmachine)

WK 52,5kg x 15

Abs 4 sets

Todays workout, I am digging a new road to my summerhouse and it is killing me. I think I am sore in every muscle that can be sore.

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_Aq2QuNugqik/SlJel96gisI/AAAAAAAAAFw/qVvzrJ-35Zs/s640/IMG_2004.JPG

you have your own summerhouse?

Yes, it was alot of stonelifting today so I won't do any deadlift and legs this week (good excuse). Going home tomorrow so I can train my back workout on thursday.

Biceps and Upper Back

WU = Warm Up

WK = Work Set

Dumbell Seated Hammer Curl

WU 10kg x 10, 15kg x 8

WK 25kg x 5, 25kg x 5

Dumbell Seated Biceps Curl

WK 20kg x 10

Dumbell Seated Biceps Curl Reverse Grip

WK 15kg x 15

Barbell Bent-Over Row

WU 50kg x 10, 70kg x 8

WK 87,5kg x 5, 90kg x 5

Barbell Bent-Over Row Reverse Grip

WK 82,5kg x 10

Barbell Bent-Over Row Wide Grip

WK 72,5kg x 15

Chinup

WU 40 x 10 (Machine), BW x 8

WK BW+17,5kg x 5, BW+20kg x 5

Pull up

WK BW x 8 (5-10)

Abs

Comments: The road is not finished but hopefully I will be able to finish it tomorrow. As I said earlier no legs this weeks since the digging killed me enough. Next workout probably Tuesday. Also next week is a new program which I think I am gonna do myself. Basicly a 5x5 program 3 days a week.

Thinking about doing

A: Bench and Row + some more.

B: Deadlift and Squat

C: Pull ups and Seated Shoulder Press + Some more

5x5 on the 6 main exercises and something less demanding maybe 2x6 on the assistant exercises. If anyone wanna suggest another good 5x5 program feel free to do that. But I probably want my work sets to be lower or equal to 12 each workout.

do bill stars 5x5. i'll start with it after my holidays, too.

squats and deads on the same day sounds heavy to me.

I took a look at Bills program, both the intermideate and the advanced. The intermediate was just to much squat I am usually sore 1 week after doing squats so doing it 3 times a week will never work for "me". The advanced version looks more what I am after but there the Monday workout is more or less just squats and that sounds boring. Also there is squats all three days and that won't work for me, I think it sucks to do squats once a week and three times a week will probably make me wanna quit the gym.

Well squats and deadlifts on the same day is not an issue once you got used to it, sure I can probably push the second exercise more if it would be on another day but then I probably will be sore after the deadlifts or squats that I did earlier the same week. But one of the biggest reasons to have squats and deadlifts on the same day is that I hate those exercises because they are so good damn heavy. If I am only having one boring day at the gym each week it is more likely that I will do that workout. I also want to take it easy on the deadlifts because if I focus on them to much I usually increase the weight to quick and my technique start to suck. This will probably just give me an injury for a week or for life and I will never compete or something like that so I will just not concentrate that much on the squats and the deadlifts.

This was a shitload of words why I am lazy and think squats and deadlift are boring. I will never remove them in the long run because they are the most complete exercises that a person can do in the gym. It just that I don't enjoy them because they are so damn heavy.

Yo! Fitness 24/7 ska öppna i ghettot där jag bor! Tror medlemskapet gäller på alla anläggningar och du var väl medlem nånstans? När jag kommit in i det igen (läs om typ 2 år) får vi köra en träningsomgång. Simon är peppad!

Grymt, hojta till när du är tillbaka i Sthlm så hookar vi.

And an update, seems like all the crazy digging I did last week caused me an injury. My left hand is swollen and can't really bend my fingers. So if it's not better until tomorrows training I will have to figure out something else this week.

Workout A

WU = Warmup Set

WK = Work Set

Seated Shoulder Press Front Without Backsupport

WU 20kg x 10, 30kg x 8, 40kg, 6

WK 5 x 5 @ 55kg

Pull Ups

WU 40kg x 10, 60kg x 8, BW x 6, BW+5kg x 5

WK 5 x 5 @ BW + 10kg

Abs

Comments: Was a little bit afraid since I had problem with my hands this weekend. But this exercises went well and hopefully they are fully recovered until Thursday so I can do deadlifts. The weights I choose was pretty much spot on I had to struggle with the last repetitions on the last to sets in both exercises so I am looking forward to next weeks increase.

Workout B

WU = Warmup Set

WK = Work Set

Squat

WU 20kg x 10, 40kg x 10, 55kg x 8, 70kg x 6

WK 5 x 5 @ 90kg

Deadlift

WU 70kg x 8, 100kg x 4

WK 5 x 5 @ 120kg

Abs

Comments: Well I hate this day, I started pretty low at 90kg on the squats since It was awhile since I did squats and 5x5 is somehow different for what I usually do. However they felt good and I will bump the weight 5kg next week. Deadlifts are always hard after squats when you are not used to it. Hopefully it will be better in a couple of weeks and gonna bring camera next week to check out my technique aswell.

Workout C

WU = Warmup Set

WK = Work Set

Bench Press (Smithmachine)

WU 40kg x 10, 60kg x 8, 80kg x 6

WK 100kg x 5, 100kg x 5, 100kg x 5

Then I got upset on the smithmachine so I decided to do incline bench instead with a free barbell and no smithmachine crap.

Incline Bench Press

WU 50kg x 10, 80kg x 5

WK 5 x 5 @ 85kg

Barbell Row

WU 40kg x 10, 60kg x8

WK 5 x 5 @ 90kg

Dips

WK BW x 27

Abs

Comments: Nice workout, the rows was a little bit hard since my legs and back was sore since workout B but it was ok. I will also only do incline bench now since I am so tired of the smithmachine.

• 2 weeks later...