Anybody competing in 2006?

Hey, does anyone else plan to compete in bodybuilding in 2006? I'll create another post topic like this for other sports competitions too.

My first bodybuilding contest of the year is quite fitting for me. It is on Earth Day (April 22nd), which is also my sister's birthday (she influenced me to become vegan 10 years ago), and it's on the same stage I won on last year becoming a vegan champion bodybuilder.

Then I plan to compete the next week out in Arizona. If Topher is still there he'll come and watch

Then I hope to do a bunch in California later on in the summer and fall.

Those are my contest plans. Anyone else getting up on stage?

-Big Rob

well im not going to be competing in bodybuilding, but the thread was entitled 'is anyone competing in 2006' so here goes!

i hope to compete in some sort of amateur strongman competition at some point later in the year. at the moment i need to slap on loads of mass and strength in order just to make the standard.

i would also like to compete in a powerlifting competition at some point too. i have no illusions that i will do well, but i have to start somewhere!!

jonathan

Rob, you're nuts!

Take some time to build muscles - you competed just recently!

Little John, that's a great plan! Even if you don't win the first time, even if you finish last, as you say, you have to start somewhere and experience is a great part of it! Good luck with you training for it!

Unless they have an old fat man's category for bodybuilding I'll have to duck out for this year

However, I'm currently filling out my contest applications for both Chicago's Strongest Man and the Ford's Gym Strongman comp that I entered last year, and I plan to make at least 2 more comps between summer and fall as well. Then I'll probably make the Hudson Open powerlifting meet in October to round out the year!

Ryan

Start comp dieting on 15th Jan for Bodybuilding shows on the 9th 15th 23rd April bit of a break then hit as many shows as I can for September on,my training partner is competing too should be Fun when we are both down to 2weeks out.Robbie

Hey Robbie!

Yeah, that will be fun. Last year Alex (Daywalker) and I competed on the same day. That was a great time as we compared contest prep tips and photos. We both ended up 2nd that day, but it was a great time.

I look forward to April. Let's go get em!

-Robert

I have thought about it.

Cool

Hey, go for it! There's nothing to lose, and much to gain - fun and experience!

But I just don't feel like shaving. Maybe I can compete without shaving.

What sport it is you're talking about?

BB competition is NOT possible without shaving.

Or are you talking strongman/powerlifting contest?

more discrimination! Turn up in a Darth Vader outfit if you feel like it.... hmm yes I think that clothing would be something you have to go along with. Maybe you could practice over time at getting used to it. Start off at a cafe, then build up to a restaurant, then maybe a museum?