Robert Cheeke's Journal - 3 contests in 4 weeks!

Thanks for the heads up...I'll consider something but for now I'll just keep busy until I get wiped out and hopefully sleep well.

I trained today around noon with forum members CountAgranoff and xedx and it was another solid workout, just like last week. They trained chest and shoulders...I stuck with just chest and then did some sit-ups and headed out. It was a long and tough chest workout and went like this:

Decline Bench Press

135 x 20

225 x 5

245 x 5

300 x 5 with help from spotter

315 x 4 with help from spotter

325 x 4 with help from spotter

Incline Dumbbell Flys

40s x 15

50s x 10

60s x 10

Flat Bench Press

205 x 5

250 x 4

235 x 4

135 x 12

135 x 10

5 sets of push-ups about 20 each set

3 sets of crunches

3 sets of leg lifts

Took 90 minutes. Lots of long rest periods when pressing over 300 lbs to be ready for the next set.

Good time in general.

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After the outstanding chest workout, I hammered back tonight. It was a full on back attack. Then I kept busy on the computer, went to Blossoming Lotus and then the Let Live Conference....better see some of you there tomorrow!

Back went like this:

Lat Pull-downs:

90 x 30

90 x 30

110 x 20

120 x 20

135 x 20

150 x 15

165 x 10

180 x 6

Wide grip pull-ups

Narrow grip pull-ups

Cable rows

90 x 25

120 x 20

150 x 15

165 x 15

180 x 10

Narrow-grip pull-downs

150 x 15

150 x 15

190 x 8

190 x 6

Cable Rows

100 x 15

100 x 15

100 x 15

100 x 15

T-bar rows (wide grip)

90 x 12

90 x 12

100 x 10

Narrow grip

100 x 12

100 x 12

100 x 10

One more set of 12 pull-ups.

I think that was it

Just a little over an hour and then I went home and pounded Sun Warrior and went I went to the Karaoke tonight (and performed, and rocked it, hammered it and nailed it) I had 2 more scoops of Sun Warrior...now just had another 50g protein from tofu and will rock some more food before bed.

Posing class in the morning, another Robert Cheeke Show video and then back to the Let Live Conference

Yeah Freakin Buddy!

I trained arms tonight but I am simply too tired to write about it....I'm short on sleep from a late night last night and busy day and low on carbs 10 days out from competition so I'm just really tired and going to bed before midnight.

Will write more later......I'm eating pounds of foods these days. I don't swear but stepped on a scale at the gym and said, "sh*t" when I realized I was 190 and need to be under 175lbs in 10 days....but that was with clothes...without I was 185 tonight.

I'll make it......

July 11th- Portland, OR

NPC Oregon State Championships

It will be my biggest contest ever (most athletes) so it should be pretty sweet. NPC so it will be tough, but I'm looking forward to it. Competing is really fun for me, so I'll have a good time.

Then I'll compete again on August 8th near Seattle WA....I've been preparing for shows since January, so essentially I've been on a pre-contest diet the entire year so far and I'm still upwards of 185-190 right now and stronger than ever so it's coming along well.

I trained Shoulders for about an hour tonight and followed it with 20 minutes of abs.

I spent most of the day working on projects and promoting the VegNews Magazine Awards because I'd love to be the people's choice for Favorite Vegan Athlete in North America....so I informed my friends and posted lots of blogs about it.

Vote here:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=oes_2f0tloz0fA1jHSyPxMyw_3d_3d

Just a little over a week until my next competition!

Busy times!

Gotta go....

Sorry I haven't updated my blog with details.....been super busy.

Went to the gym with my friend Julia. I trained chest, she did her own thing. I was sitting on the bench, looked in the mirror, watched her jump up and grab pull-up handles and do 10 reps with full range of motion! It was awesome!

My workout was like this:

Cable flys to warm up

40 x 50

50 x 30

60 x 25

Flat Bench Press

135 x 12

135 x 13

185 x 5

205 x 3

225 x 3

245 x 2

Decline Bench Press

225 x 5

245 x 2

275 x 3

315 x 2

225 x 5

225 x 4

Incline Bench press

135 x 10

155 x 5

155 x 5

Dips

Cable flys

40 x 15

50 x 15

60 x 15

40 x 15

30 x 15

Done.

Sun Warrior Protein Drink and some Baked tofu

Back to work.....

Posing class for nearly 2 hours, biggest guy at entire gym took me out to lunch to "learn from me" so that was interesting.....really cool dude, huge massive guy but has only competed twice and I can teach him a lot actually after being in class with him today. I've been going almost every week for a long time now so my posing is getting better all the time.

Played basketball for about and hour and loved it! Have blisters on feet from the stop and go. It was competitive and fun and I scored about 25 points in the game and took over when I needed to I played b-ball for 10 years so it all came back to me. I had a super sweet blocked shot too and a few steals, etc.

Anyway, 1 week out! I'm on stage 7 days from now...it's about midnight on Sat. night so it's getting even closer!

Feel free to come and check it out....no obligation but if you feel like it, it will be my biggest contest ever...my buddy told me most classes have from 12-20 people and his class last year had 23 in it!

Sweet! Most shows I do have like 2-6 in the class that I'm in...so this should be interesting!

Parkrose High School in NE Portland on Saturday July 11th, FYI.

wow, I'm pretty tired...not a lot of sleep, lots of stressful things going on in all areas of life and busier than ever....I better sleep...last night wasn't great for sleeping....up too late, too busy, too much going on, too little sleep.....see ya!

I did relax for a couple of hours at my mom's house yesterday. Video here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/RobertCheekeShow#play/all/uploads-all/1/s4d8zHdONzU

Thanks everyone!

I trained today and it was weird. I mean I pushed myself but I've been on low carbs for about 2 weeks and it caught up with me being on low sleep and working 15 hour days lately.

So I didn't lift heavy weights and sat between exercises and after about one hour exactly, I headed out of there to get back to work....but work was awesome!

I may be, very likely be working the Bodybuilding.com booth at the Olympia and at the USA Championships later this month. I'm finally getting "in" with Bodybuilding.com and I'll be working with them around the country.

Good times, hard work, worthwhile results.

Trained whole upper body today getting ready for photo shoot in the morning and competition on Saturday.

Details:

Parkrose High School NE Portland, OR 10AM Pre-judging $15 I think.

The website isn't very good.... www.oregonbodybuilding.com I believe.

Thanks!

Back to work...

Thanks!

2 days out!

I had a posing session today, photo shoot and worked out whole upper body again and did a few sets of lunges...about a 1 hour workout just keeping things pumped...on stage on Saturday.

www.oregonbodybuilding.com

My biggest contest ever as far as # of participants...we'll see what happens...shall be fun!

I was a poser tonight for 45 minutes....practicing with the biggest guy in our gym.

Looked crappy under some lights and under others looked my best ever

I think I'm in pretty good shape.....we'll see what I look like 36 hours from now......

Thanks...I appreciate the support...it was rough. Not placing in top 5...home now to eat and rest and back to finals in about 90 minutes....it's only 10 min from my house which is nice

Humbling experience to get crushed so hard today...but it happens. I had some success this year placing 1st, 2nd and 3rd (as well as 5th) but this show I'm down in 7th.

Still had fun....I always do. Just need to improve.

No worries about where you placed. You did a lot of shows back to back, which I think is interesting. Take a few days and get some rest. Recuperate and think about where you are taking your physique next. Proud of you bro, that many shows back to back is damn tough. Send me some photos, I am curious to see how you looked.