Date, cherry and pecan tart with maple syrup...

Nakeddragon

Ok, this is my first recipe post so be kind...

I am one of those who tends to just throw things together, so I'll leave the measurements up to you who try this. So far it has been very well recieved by those who have tasted it...

Date, Cherry and Pecan Tart with Maple Syrup...

Base:

A third Ground Almonds

A third Oatmeal

A third Self Raising Wholemeal, or wheat/gluten free flour

Tablespoon egg replacer powder (optional)

100% unsweetned Applejuice

-Combine a third almond meal, with a third oatmeal, and a third of either a wholemeal self raising flour or a wheat/gluten free self raising flour (which is what I use).

-I also add a tablespoon of egg replacer, but should be fine without.

-Begin to add the applejuice and mix this together until the mix is like a dough.

-Push this into a lined or oiled pie tin/pan. (or alternatively make up little single serves in little pie tins)

Filling:

Dried Dates

Dried Cherries

Pecans (shelled)

100% unsweetned Applejuice

(alternatively you could replace, or combine, the cherries with other dried fruits like cranberries etc)

-Either soak the dates in juice overnight and process, or for the quicker method. Put the dates in a microwave safe container, add enough juice to come up a third the way of the dates, cover and microwave for 5 to 10 minutes until soft.

-Quickly, taking care not to burn yourself, uncover the mix and quickly mix it up until it becomes a 'paste-like' consistency.

-Mix in a large amount of dried cherries.

-Push this evenly into the pie tin / tart base.

-Push pecans into the top until covered.

-Bake this in the middle shelf of a moderate oven until it appears to be browned.

-Allow this to cool down.

Serve:

-Serve this sliced up, I prefer cold, with a pile of halved strawberries to one side, and drizzle maple syrup over the top of the pecans and strawberries and you can swirl it around on the plate if you want to make it look fancy.

-If i am serving this for a dinner party I will sprinkle shaved vegan chocolate over the tart, and plate.

Enjoy...

This sounds delish! I've always loved dates & just recently discovered other dried fruit at my local HFS -- cherries, blueberries & even starwberries! I will probably try this with blueberries, first.

I give a 2 thumbs up for your first recipe post!