The JW Blog: thoughts from a manchild..........

JW

did the old commercial break pushup routine last night and before I knew it I had done 250

gotta love it!!!

I think it's time to do some cutting.

I took a couple photos of myself last night and....

what a different perspective!!!! I was utterly shocked to see that I'm carrying more bodyfat than I thought.

damn cameras!!!!!

I'm very pleased with the upperbody mass I've added but that bodyfat% just has to come down!!!

• Replies 799
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well I think that mystery has been solved...... I've been sick all weekend and today.

stayed home until about an hour ago. (just too much happening at work)

fever, extreme fatigue... blahhh

slept all morning.

I can still eat though....

Had to do some cottage maintenance on the weekend which was a bit of a challenge.

Don't think there will be any workouts for a few days

well it was an interesting morning.... went to the doctor and he just kind of freaked out.

They had masks at the front for people with flu symptoms. I just saw the respitory symptom line on the note and didn't wear one. (I may have had the flu once in my life...as far as I know I could have mono or something)

anyway.... he couldn't wait to get me out the door. Said I have all the symptoms of H1N1. He didn't want to test as I guess I'm not in the high risk category but he was assuming it was the virus based upon seasonality and symptoms.

wow!!! Is this thing more serious than the media is telling us or is my doc just freaking out a bit?

I mean I feel crappy but I can live with it.... just need a bit more sleep than usual. I found it a bit scary that he'd react that way given the fact that he no doubt sees many sick people every day with a wide variety of maladies.

still pretty rough. very tired, fever doesn't want to break.

My biggest worry is chest congestion. I seem to have a history of lung infections so I'll have to watch very closely.

This is quite bizarre for me. I NEVER miss work!

back to work tomorrow!!!

got the clearance from the doc

still feel REALLY tired but the fever and aches are completely gone.

I'd love to start working out soon but I think it would be prudent to wait a few more days. I'm prone to lung infections so I definitely don't want to overdo anything this week

arrrgghhh another boring night....

no workouts, feeling really tired and of course I can't seem to sleep well at all!!!

I'm sure that this will all pass in the next few days but it sure is frustrating. My challenge will be to keep the diet clean while waiting

everyday I get a bit stronger

actually slept better last night.

at least I'm catching up on my movies lately.....

I think I'm pretty close to working out again. I'll wait until Monday just to make sure.

starting to get a little edgy and impatient which is a good sign.

Been watching a lot of movies lately

Sci Fi seems to be my genre of choice lately although I've watched a number of different ones lately

The International

High Tension (a french suspense movie)

Babylon AD

Transporter 3

Bangkok Dangerous

Battlefield Earth

Good Luck Chuck

going to watch Knowing tonight

I haven't seen any of those. Any that were really really good?

hmmm the International was quite good I thought. Nice balance of action and plot

I was very disappointed with Transporter 3 very formulaic action flic

As far as the Sci Fi flics....

Battlefield Earth is pretty lame. If you go into it not taking it seriously at all, it's half entertaining but pretty weak.

I enjoyed Babylon AD more than I thought I would.

I'd say the International was the best out of that group although the sci fi fan in me ranks Babylon AD right up there

watching Knowing with Nic Cage tonight

shoulder is coming along. icing it now getting ready to watch american psycho. i love nic cage. great actor. get your rest and feel better!

ohhh you just reminded me of another movie I have to see!!!

I've heard good things about that show

let me know your thoughts

watched Knowing last night.

enjoyed it very much. One of the better movies I've seen in the past few months. Had much more of a sci fi element to it than I thought. How can you go wrong.... a movie with numbers and sci fi.... GOLD!!!!

stayed up much too late and finished off a bottle of wine that was in the fridge... paying for it today but hey! ya just can't let it go bad.......

also picked up chinese food from our favourite vegan restaurant.

looking forward to getting back to the gym next week. (gonna need it after that night of eating and drinking)