Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 341 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Journal of Veggie P (Melissa)
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:12 am 
Elephant

about and hour and 10 min cardio.

I sincerely tried to do more but my legs were complete noodles from Saturdays leg workout.

My daughter was screaming at me like a drill seargent to jog more because I was definitely walk/jogging but I felt like I was wearing shoes made of bricks.

Diet has been good. I've been trying to get 20 minute cardio sessions in with all my clients who struggle with cardio in an effort to increase cardio. It's been working pretty good.

Outlined the rest of the week for cardio and training. I HAVE to get to bed earlier so I can break up my cardio into AM PM sessions. I'm such a night owl. Need to stop being distracted by boys too. Okay, just one date on Wednesday and then that's it. haha.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:28 pm 
Elephant

One Arm Rows
Lat Pulldowns
Upright Rows
Barbell bent over Rows
4 sets 90 second V-ups and full body situps

1 1/2 hours Ellyptical

Doing my 2nd diet of the week for a client that can't eat any Soy, Gluten, Wheat, Fake Meats, Flour, Sugar... Aargh! It's fine but it's just challenging. I have to admire their commitment to Veganism because if I had to cut all this stuff out.... I won't say I wouldn't do it, but MAN... would it be challenging.

I find myself in a negative space today. I had a really wonderful date with this guy I've been talking to for months. Well, I talked to him today... and turns out... he had a different take on our date. But that isn't what upset me... what upsets me that that he was right, so I'm mad at myself. He reiterated several things that I said and did on the date that I can just totally see why he feels that way. At one point I laid my head down on the bar table toward the end of the night because I was just so tired from all the cardio and dieting. I didn't keep my head down for that long, but he let me know how rude he felt that was to do that on a first date... and he SO had a point. I've never done that on a date and I was enjoying his company... I just got so overwhemingly tired, and I should have said good night but I WAS having a good time... but you don't show a date that you're enjoying yourself by putting your head down on the table to rest your eyes. ha, ha. It's actually kind of funny... although I'm not sure he sees the humor in it.

So we'll see. I would like to see him again, but if I don't... I'm definitely gonna chalk this one up to a learning experience. No matter how comfortable you feel with someone, in the beginning you still have to put your best foot forward and not be rude. Ugh

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:36 pm 
Elephant

Sweetie, if he can't deal with you being yourself and expressing your tiredness for a couple seconds, you don't need that scrub. On a first date?!?!?! Fuck that noise. He can't deal with you being tired from how you make a living. You rock, and if you're tired, you're tired. He expects you to, what, drink an energy shot to make it through the night with him? If I was you and he said that to me I would trash his ass and kick him to the gutter. Hard. He's seems very unsupportive and self centered to me. The word sociopath comes to mind.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:15 pm 
Stegosaurus

Ditto.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:57 pm 
Stegosaurus

veggieprincess wrote:
Doing my 2nd diet of the week for a client that can't eat any Soy, Gluten, Wheat, Fake Meats, Flour, Sugar... Aargh! It's fine but it's just challenging.

There is a huge variety of legumes, whole grains, vegetables and fruit. I lost 48 lbs on such a diet. If I wanted to bulk on such a diet I would add some fatty foods ( avocados, nuts ) and rice protein drinks.

Quote:
cardio and dieting. I didn't keep my head down for that long, but he let me know how rude he felt that was to do that on a first date... and he SO had a point.

This is the sort of thing I don't like about online dating and dating after having reached a certain age. People have so much baggage, are looking to protect themselves, and feel they don't have time to waste to the extent that they judge you fast and hard like Olympic ice skating coaches. You twitch the wrong way once and game over.

So many good potential relationships get lost that way. One strike and they are out. I think about all of the times an attraction developed between me and someone else who was part of my daily life who I didn't think much of at first. The first date......the elimination rounds.....is just not enough to judge a person by.

At least you didn't answer your cell phone :). Seriously that is the height of rudeness.

I tend to be a tad on the sensitive side, but if I was having a good date and if the gal seemed into me I wouldn't have read anything into it. If I did, it would be cured by the gal calling me up first the next time and/or explaining herself before letting me know she was into me. Grownups get tired.

Don't feel bad, I have a lot of similar stories and I have only had a few truly bad dates in the last year.

"The plural of anecdote is not data." (Roger Brinner)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:24 am 
Elephant

30 more minutes of cardio on Recumbant bike - check!

Aaaw... thank you for the support y'all. No, no... I hear what you're saying and BELIEVE ME, I don't like admitting when I'm in the wrong, but there were several things that he brought up that he had a point about that I did and said. Not just taking a nap on the date. ha, ha. I had to honestly ask myself, if the tables were turned how would I feel... Hey, we live and learn and I didn't handle myself well on that date. We'll either have another one or we won't. I'm dating a few guys right now... but he was just the smartest and most emotionally mature guy that I've met in quite awhile, so I'll be bummed... but if it's meant to be it's meant to be and if not, then it won't.

Perfect diet and training day today! I need lots more of these. I'm gonna wake up feelin great.

Have 2 early am clients so I'm gonna get in bed.

Thanks for the support in my dating world everyone! ha, ha. I will keep you posted.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:36 am 
Stegosaurus

VP;

Back in January I had 2 incredible dates with a woman who turned out to be a workaholic. When I tried for a third date she turned me down a few times in a row since she had things to do.. After accepting an invitation for a third date she called back and asked if she could shorten it as she was in a crunch at work. I told her that I prefer not to have rushed dates and told her I would have to get back to her. I dropped her and didn't call her back. After a few weeks she called me up and left me message. She told me that she figured out that I gave up on her, she apologized for being so difficult to hook up with, she described to me in all of the ways she thought I was a special guy and told me she would be very happy if I gave her a second chance.

A woman taking the initiative like that in that kind of situation was rare. Despite being done with her I was so impressed by her going out of her way to apologize I gave her another chance. Men in the dating arena rarely get a demonstration like that.

If you think this guy is a cut above the rest and that he is worth it, go for it. Call him up, let him know again you are sorry, explain the situation, tell him that you think a lot of him, invite him out and have a great date with him.

I think he will accept and the damage will be repaired.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:14 pm 
Elephant

Yeah, it's not like you belched at the table or anything. I bet he'd forgive you. If not, there are plenty of fish in the sea.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:02 pm 
Stegosaurus

If a woman did that on one of my first dates I would be offended......once I stopped laughing my ass off :)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:44 am 
Elephant

Cardio

20 Minutes Stepmill
1 hr 42 minutes Ellyptical.

Diet - perfect.

Had my carpets clean today. Man it makes a difference when you get your carpets cleaned doesen't it? Feels like a new place. Love it.

But now I'm too exhausted after my cardio marathon to take all the stuff I piled on the bed down so the carpets could be cleaned.

Ta-ta!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:15 pm 
Elephant

Legs

Leg Press
Step Ups
Leg Extension
Calf Raise

1 hr stepmill

Yep, that means more cardio later... ugh. The step-ups kick my ass. I do them on a REALLY high bench, the highest I can find (about 24" from ground). Leaving one foot on the bench I put 15 lb dumbells on shoulders and do 12 each leg. Your heart rate gets PUMPING and I'm usually sore the next day.

Feeling melancholy today. Not sure why. Yeah, I kind of am but don't feel like talking about it. Some days are better than others, y'know?

OH... I got some good news about the show. The Ohio bill passed! That is what we've been waiting for all along. So now everything is a go, Kim says. I know... I thought it already was a "go" too.

And she's workin a Reality show called Fabulous not Frumpy simultaneously and she wants me to be the trainer. Hope it gets made... I can't keep up with Kim... she's always workin on something! I'll just let her tell me where to go and do my thing when it's time. ha, ha.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:41 am 
Elephant

45 more minutes of cardio completed.

I'm proud of what I've accomplished over the past couple weeks.

I'm going to TRY to get in 15 more minutes as I did my protein shake very late. Took my nighttime fatburners though, so we'll see if I get through it. I think I can.

Night.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:27 am 
Elephant

45 min Recumbant Bike
20 min HIIT Treadmill

Military Press
Lat Raise Machine
Upright Rows
Bent Over Rear Delts
4 sets Reverse Crunches

I think I'm goin to see Mr. head-over-heels from back in January tomorrow night... the one where we were in la-la-land, head in the clouds infatuation (not last weeks date... the one from way back in January). I think him and I have some unfinished business to take care of (clearing of the throat). LOL... Just goes to show ya... we have no control over anything. People come and go... some linger... some throw temper tantrums and come back later when they've calmed down... some you wish would go away but they don't...

What's the saying? We make plans and God laughs. That about sums it up.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:28 am 
Site Admin

I didn't see you this weekend! Hope all is great.......catch you another time.

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:48 am 
Elephant

I wouldnt even worry about dating or having a mono-relationship. Just focus on yourself, your life, your training. Who needs drama these days?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 341 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next