Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:33 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 767 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 52  Next
 Post subject: What is your ideal physique?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 7:57 pm 
Site Admin

What is your ideal physique? What does it look like? That is a question I asked myself back in 2000, five years ago before I started bodybuilding.

I looked through fitness magazines and found photos of what I wanted to look like. Then I worked hard and was dedicated to achieving that.

I had that image of what I hoped I'd look like put up on my wall so I could see it before going to the gym, before eating, before sleeping and before going to school.

Over time I got closer and closer to what I hoped for. I went from a skinny long distance runner to a bodybuilding champion and even competed in Heavyweight bodybuilding competition........something nobody would have imagined when they saw the 150-pound little Robert who wanted to take up weight lifting.

Also, over time, my idea of an ideal physique changed. So I got close to where I hoped to be and then raised the bar and have more work to do. But I made progress.

I know others are working on this as well because they tell me about it almost everyday in personal e-mails and chatting. Topher and Kollision from this forum, for example, are very dedicated to achieving something that is clear in their mind. I think that is why they find success, and how I found success.

I knew what I wanted to look like and then I learned what I needed to do to get there.

Feel free to post images of physiques (men and women) that you'd love to have. It may not work for everyone, and based on personal e-mails from some of you, I know that you may not be motivated by how the body looks on the exterior but just want to be healthier inside. But for the rest, find something to inspire you, an image, a person, whatever it is, and dedicate yourself to the work it takes to get there.

Trust me, it's fun to look back and say, "Wow.....I've come a long way over these years and ispired others throughout my own journey to rise to my own persosonal challenge.

Keep the images to yourself, or post them here. I wasn't shy about it, I told everyone what I was going to do and what I'd look like. Most laughed, some shook their heads, real friends supported me and encouraged me, others reminded me and questioned if I was still on path, and all in all, I was helped by all of them. Those who doubted me and those who trusted me. I learned to find motivation from all of them.

I hope some of you will be able to do the same. Dig deep inside and know that you CAN DO IT, and that it just takes "time."

Best of luck, and have a lot of fun getting healthier!

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 9:23 pm 
Gorilla

Eugene Sandow "father of modernday bodybuilding"

my goal is to have a physique like his. theres not a day that goes by that I dont train hard to look like him.

of course bodybuilders like Arnold, Ferrigno, Marco inspire me. this man is just as awesome that I am inspired by:

Steeve "Hercules" Reeves

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 2:12 am 
Site Admin

Right On Man!

You've got the ABS for it already!

I also like those physiques. I'll look online to find some of my favorite physiques that inspired me and post them too. Some of the ones I love are unattainable because they are from some of the Pros on more drugs than you could count.......they just look freaky and awesome, but there are some realistic physiquest that I look up to and I'll find some images soon.

Thanks for sharing, you chose a great role model!

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 3:34 am 
Elephant

I agree with Rob. Actually, you have wayy better abs then them. They never really focused much on it as today.

Heres what I want, I posted it on another thread on this forum:

Thanks to ImageShack.us for image hosting

I am at 260 right now and I am pretty fat to tell ya the truth. Im not sure whether to cut right now (just for definition sake) or to continue up to 300 (and get fatter, but at least be stronger and then get cut and look even bigger). Lots of people telling me to cut up, but I want to gain more mass for more strength (meaning more muscle fibers which means hypertrophy) and then cut up so I look even better. I know I should Periodize my schedule, but I dont feel as if I like it. Well heres some pics of me (bare with my fattyness, I know I am :D )

Last year (Skinny, not in chronological order):

Now (Fat ones):

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 12:01 pm 
Site Admin

Hey Buddy,

You're getting BIG man! I knew you were big and strong but it's cool to see that you started out much smaller. How much weight have you added in the past year or so?

Thanks for posting the photos man, it's great to see other people. I think I have nearly 1000 photos of myself floating around the internet and I'm in touch with thousands of people via e-mail but 90% of them I've never seen photos of before.

So anyway, it's cool to see a variety of photos of you and of some others on here.

Take care bro,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 4:00 pm 
Elephant

Skinny ones I was at 180. Fat ones I am 260. I just took them 2 days ago. Still contemplating though. I know Ill be big if I cut now, but I just want to be bigger. I guess Ill go through the punishment of continuing to be fat for a few months more :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 8:20 am 
Rabbit

The ideal man is Arnie, Paris, Yates.....enormous, huge monsters of flesh eating males!!!!! :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 6:32 pm 
Rabbit

kollision are you Asian?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 9:23 pm 
Elephant

Im part asian gfighta, half korean.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 8:08 am 
Elephant

for me, the wrestling guy is much too large. the only guy from the professional circuit that i would want to look like is frank zane-he has just the right amount of mass, and is incredibly cut.

jonathan

Repeat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 1:34 am 
Rabbit

Cool! I'm half Japanese. My ideal body is the first guy in this video.

http://www.skippypodar.net/Movies/Misce ... -james.mov

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 11:01 am 
Rabbit

A few pictures of what I hope to resemble someday....
Can someone please tell me how to get those abs? It's driving me crazy, :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 1:28 pm 
Rabbit

How tall are you? just curious.. also I can't see your second 'fat' picture. I want to get some more pics of myself up on the 'WIP' page of veganbodybuilding.org hopefully in the next couple of weeks. Or maybe I can get someone to shoot some of me doing arms and legs pull on thursday.
Renee

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 1:54 pm 
Site Admin

Those are some pretty awesome physiques! Remember that physiques like that, or like those of men who are totally huge or shredded take time. I know lots of people who were small and skinny and then 16 years later they are huge bodybuilders. It takes a long time. It took me a few years to go from 155 lbs to 195 pounds and still years more to get to where I'd like to be. But you just have to keep at it.

Intense cardio will help get those abs to show up. I like to play sports, but you can also run, use stair stepper at a gym and a variety of other things...spinning classes, aerobics, anything high intensity, especially after a weight training workout or first thing in the morning. Train the abs a bit too but intense cardio is key. You can do low intensity cardio as well but I think intense is best.

Best of luck. A few things that may help:

1. Set specific goals
2. Tell people about some of your goals so they can help support you
3. Pick out some physiques you'd like to have (like you did) and post them where you'll see them each day.
4. Select some motivational quotes that really get you pumped up and read those before you go to the gym and when you wake up and before going to bed.
5. Create a solid nutrition plan and stick to it.
6. Create a solid training program and stick with it.
7. Consistency is key, be consistant
8. Learn from others who have achieved what you hope to achieve
9. Be open to criticism and don't let it bother you.
10. Stay positive and realize it takes time.

We support you :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 6:41 am 
Elephant

my ideal physique would be something along the lines of this guy - magnus samuelsson. he is the world strongest man, is the same height as me but weighs 330lb. he is also amongst the first people to close the captains of crush number three (if you have ever tried one you will be impressed).
what is unfair is that the first time he ever benched, aged 16, he did 100kg (220lb) - i started off with about 50lbs! these days he can bench 270kg (595lb).

i would maybe like to be a little less massive and a little more toned - something around 270lb instead.

jonathan

Repeat

Last edited by jonathan on Wed Jul 20, 2005 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 767 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 52  Next