The Journal of Veggie P (Melissa)

about and hour and 10 min cardio.

I sincerely tried to do more but my legs were complete noodles from Saturdays leg workout.

My daughter was screaming at me like a drill seargent to jog more because I was definitely walk/jogging but I felt like I was wearing shoes made of bricks.

Diet has been good. I've been trying to get 20 minute cardio sessions in with all my clients who struggle with cardio in an effort to increase cardio. It's been working pretty good.

Outlined the rest of the week for cardio and training. I HAVE to get to bed earlier so I can break up my cardio into AM PM sessions. I'm such a night owl. Need to stop being distracted by boys too. Okay, just one date on Wednesday and then that's it. haha.

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One Arm Rows

Lat Pulldowns

Upright Rows

Barbell bent over Rows

4 sets 90 second V-ups and full body situps

1 1/2 hours Ellyptical

Doing my 2nd diet of the week for a client that can't eat any Soy, Gluten, Wheat, Fake Meats, Flour, Sugar... Aargh! It's fine but it's just challenging. I have to admire their commitment to Veganism because if I had to cut all this stuff out.... I won't say I wouldn't do it, but MAN... would it be challenging.

I find myself in a negative space today. I had a really wonderful date with this guy I've been talking to for months. Well, I talked to him today... and turns out... he had a different take on our date. But that isn't what upset me... what upsets me that that he was right, so I'm mad at myself. He reiterated several things that I said and did on the date that I can just totally see why he feels that way. At one point I laid my head down on the bar table toward the end of the night because I was just so tired from all the cardio and dieting. I didn't keep my head down for that long, but he let me know how rude he felt that was to do that on a first date... and he SO had a point. I've never done that on a date and I was enjoying his company... I just got so overwhemingly tired, and I should have said good night but I WAS having a good time... but you don't show a date that you're enjoying yourself by putting your head down on the table to rest your eyes. ha, ha. It's actually kind of funny... although I'm not sure he sees the humor in it.

So we'll see. I would like to see him again, but if I don't... I'm definitely gonna chalk this one up to a learning experience. No matter how comfortable you feel with someone, in the beginning you still have to put your best foot forward and not be rude. Ugh

Sweetie, if he can't deal with you being yourself and expressing your tiredness for a couple seconds, you don't need that scrub. On a first date?!?!?! Fuck that noise. He can't deal with you being tired from how you make a living. You rock, and if you're tired, you're tired. He expects you to, what, drink an energy shot to make it through the night with him? If I was you and he said that to me I would trash his ass and kick him to the gutter. Hard. He's seems very unsupportive and self centered to me. The word sociopath comes to mind.

Doing my 2nd diet of the week for a client that can't eat any Soy, Gluten, Wheat, Fake Meats, Flour, Sugar... Aargh! It's fine but it's just challenging.

There is a huge variety of legumes, whole grains, vegetables and fruit. I lost 48 lbs on such a diet. If I wanted to bulk on such a diet I would add some fatty foods ( avocados, nuts ) and rice protein drinks.

cardio and dieting. I didn't keep my head down for that long, but he let me know how rude he felt that was to do that on a first date... and he SO had a point.

This is the sort of thing I don't like about online dating and dating after having reached a certain age. People have so much baggage, are looking to protect themselves, and feel they don't have time to waste to the extent that they judge you fast and hard like Olympic ice skating coaches. You twitch the wrong way once and game over.

So many good potential relationships get lost that way. One strike and they are out. I think about all of the times an attraction developed between me and someone else who was part of my daily life who I didn't think much of at first. The first date......the elimination rounds.....is just not enough to judge a person by.

At least you didn't answer your cell phone . Seriously that is the height of rudeness.

I tend to be a tad on the sensitive side, but if I was having a good date and if the gal seemed into me I wouldn't have read anything into it. If I did, it would be cured by the gal calling me up first the next time and/or explaining herself before letting me know she was into me. Grownups get tired.

Don't feel bad, I have a lot of similar stories and I have only had a few truly bad dates in the last year.

30 more minutes of cardio on Recumbant bike - check!

Aaaw... thank you for the support y'all. No, no... I hear what you're saying and BELIEVE ME, I don't like admitting when I'm in the wrong, but there were several things that he brought up that he had a point about that I did and said. Not just taking a nap on the date. ha, ha. I had to honestly ask myself, if the tables were turned how would I feel... Hey, we live and learn and I didn't handle myself well on that date. We'll either have another one or we won't. I'm dating a few guys right now... but he was just the smartest and most emotionally mature guy that I've met in quite awhile, so I'll be bummed... but if it's meant to be it's meant to be and if not, then it won't.

Perfect diet and training day today! I need lots more of these. I'm gonna wake up feelin great.

Have 2 early am clients so I'm gonna get in bed.

Thanks for the support in my dating world everyone! ha, ha. I will keep you posted.

VP;

Back in January I had 2 incredible dates with a woman who turned out to be a workaholic. When I tried for a third date she turned me down a few times in a row since she had things to do.. After accepting an invitation for a third date she called back and asked if she could shorten it as she was in a crunch at work. I told her that I prefer not to have rushed dates and told her I would have to get back to her. I dropped her and didn't call her back. After a few weeks she called me up and left me message. She told me that she figured out that I gave up on her, she apologized for being so difficult to hook up with, she described to me in all of the ways she thought I was a special guy and told me she would be very happy if I gave her a second chance.

A woman taking the initiative like that in that kind of situation was rare. Despite being done with her I was so impressed by her going out of her way to apologize I gave her another chance. Men in the dating arena rarely get a demonstration like that.

If you think this guy is a cut above the rest and that he is worth it, go for it. Call him up, let him know again you are sorry, explain the situation, tell him that you think a lot of him, invite him out and have a great date with him.

I think he will accept and the damage will be repaired.

Cardio

20 Minutes Stepmill

1 hr 42 minutes Ellyptical.

Diet - perfect.

Had my carpets clean today. Man it makes a difference when you get your carpets cleaned doesen't it? Feels like a new place. Love it.

But now I'm too exhausted after my cardio marathon to take all the stuff I piled on the bed down so the carpets could be cleaned.

Ta-ta!

Legs

Leg Press

Step Ups

Leg Extension

Calf Raise

1 hr stepmill

Yep, that means more cardio later... ugh. The step-ups kick my ass. I do them on a REALLY high bench, the highest I can find (about 24" from ground). Leaving one foot on the bench I put 15 lb dumbells on shoulders and do 12 each leg. Your heart rate gets PUMPING and I'm usually sore the next day.

Feeling melancholy today. Not sure why. Yeah, I kind of am but don't feel like talking about it. Some days are better than others, y'know?

OH... I got some good news about the show. The Ohio bill passed! That is what we've been waiting for all along. So now everything is a go, Kim says. I know... I thought it already was a "go" too.

And she's workin a Reality show called Fabulous not Frumpy simultaneously and she wants me to be the trainer. Hope it gets made... I can't keep up with Kim... she's always workin on something! I'll just let her tell me where to go and do my thing when it's time. ha, ha.

45 more minutes of cardio completed.

I'm proud of what I've accomplished over the past couple weeks.

I'm going to TRY to get in 15 more minutes as I did my protein shake very late. Took my nighttime fatburners though, so we'll see if I get through it. I think I can.

Night.

45 min Recumbant Bike

20 min HIIT Treadmill

Military Press

Lat Raise Machine

Upright Rows

Bent Over Rear Delts

4 sets Reverse Crunches

I think I'm goin to see Mr. head-over-heels from back in January tomorrow night... the one where we were in la-la-land, head in the clouds infatuation (not last weeks date... the one from way back in January). I think him and I have some unfinished business to take care of (clearing of the throat). LOL... Just goes to show ya... we have no control over anything. People come and go... some linger... some throw temper tantrums and come back later when they've calmed down... some you wish would go away but they don't...

What's the saying? We make plans and God laughs. That about sums it up.

Hey Robert... I KNOW... I really did want to go, but when your trying to get in 2 hours of cardio a day, packing up 5 meals and driving to L.A. in the heat was more than I could handle. I REEEEALLLY wanted to go, but getting in shape is my primary focus. Was it fun? Did alot of boardies come see ya?

Jimmy and Denise... thanks for droppin by!

I hear ya about the drama, but being a highly obsessive and emotional person... I find when I'm dieting, training my ass off, not DRINKING and being so straight edge, I need an outlet... I gotta do something. So until I find that perfect fit and a nice healthy stable relationship, I need to hang with a couple of "broken" ones from my past, until I don't feel the need to do so anymore. Or until I can drink wine again, whichever comes first

aaaaaah wine. I feel GREAT though. One of my clients said I was "glowing". I feel it. Feels good to be this healthy again.

Hey Robert... I KNOW... I really did want to go, but when your trying to get in 2 hours of cardio a day, packing up 5 meals and driving to L.A. in the heat was more than I could handle. I REEEEALLLY wanted to go, but getting in shape is my primary focus.

Yep, the AR conferences are not the place to go to focus on eating well, eating light and training hard. Loads of temptations to stay up way late. Overpriced, poor tasting, poor nutrition hotel food. Caloric vegan junk food. All of that plus a little drama in the air -- not the place to be when you are cutting calories .

Hey Robert... I KNOW... I really did want to go, but when your trying to get in 2 hours of cardio a day, packing up 5 meals and driving to L.A. in the heat was more than I could handle. I REEEEALLLY wanted to go, but getting in shape is my primary focus.

Yep, the AR conferences are not the place to go to focus on eating well, eating light and training hard. Loads of temptations to stay up way late. Overpriced, poor tasting, poor nutrition hotel food. Caloric vegan junk food. All of that plus a little drama in the air -- not the place to be when you are cutting calories .

At this point, I don't think I'd be tempted by the yummy Vegan food surrounding me as this has never been my problem. Moreso packing the things I need to eat such as the protein shakes, veggies, etc. I eat very specific, so there's really no improvising so yeah... more the packing the food and eating it on time. I will play with it more when I feel I've got a few weeks under my belt of eating and training this way, but right now I don't want to jeapordize getting cocky with the program.

Had an awesome leg and bicep workout today.

Smith Mach Squats

4 x 12 @ 50 lbs

Smith Mach Lunges

4 x 12 @ 50 lbs

I was sweating my ass off on these. REEEALLY tried to get completely parallel and even below parallel. After reading a couple fitness articles, I realized I wasn't coming down in squats as far as I was capable and what a difference! I'm not a sweater at all so I'm suprised how much these made me sweat

Straight Leg Deadlifts

Calf RAises

Leg Curls

Preacher Curls

Bicep Curls

4 x Ball Crunches

1 hour Ellyptical

1 hour Recumbant Bike

I am feeling awesome about the work I've put in lately. Feels amazing to wake up and be so in control of my choices. I feel very powerful.

Sofa cushion guy (inside joke as to why I refer to him that way... but that is what I call him) cancelled tonight cuz he said he thinks he's coming down with something. I was actually very relieved cuz I probably would have had a glass of wine. Which wouldn't have been a big deal if I had compensated with a fruit serving, but I just was glad to be able to give it my all once again to training and diet.

Yes, I'm human... I'm far from perfect... and I have difficulty having a date without a glass of wine to relax and unwind. Its really my only vice, so again... was greatful to not have that inner struggle. It's been about 2 weeks of diet and training perfection. Anyways... beyond exhausted. Goin to bed.

thanks lobsteriffic! Am I training for a show. I don't know yet. I'm letting my body determine if I'm going to be stage ready... Lets say I have my eye on a show... but I refuse to say I'm training for one to avoid any added pressure if I'm simply not ready in time.

I wanted to take a moment to explain WHY I'm doing so much cardio.

I am trying to get in optimum shape in a very short amount of time and I will do ANYTHING to avoid a Keto type diet. I did it last year to prepare for a photo shoot and I cannot begin to tell you how miserable I am on them.

So... I consider it a trade-off. My carbs are still relatively low but I'm keeping a moderate amount in so I can have my brain cells, do my job and be a more effective human being in the world. I know it would probably come off faster on a more extreme cut type diet, but I'd rather add in more cardio. In fact I'm going to try and increase it to 2 1/2 hours this week. Or more like 2 hours of a long burn session and one 20 minute HIIT. Then maybe 3 hours in a couple of weeks. We'll see.

Some people do great on Keto type diets. I am a miserable biyatch on them... so as long as I can possibly avoid doing it, I'm going to.

I may take today off or just do a 1 hour. I have to FORCE my body to rest. I'll take a look at my workouts and see when the last time I rested was. I really don't want to because I'm so "in-the-zone" right now, but it may be better for me in the long run.

ta ta for now

one of my suits came today. You know... for the pretend show I may or may not be training for. Again, we'll see. So lets just say a very fancy bikini came in the mail today

I tried it on expecting the worst. I gotta say... wasn't as bad as I expected. That was confirmed when my brutally honest 10 year old came in the room and goes... "Whoa, Mom! You look great!" And believe me... she'd tell me to take it off right this second if it was bad. Maybe I'll give you guys a preview of the suit... we'll see (not on me... on the model). Again... I'm just considering it a pretty bikini right now... not sure if it will be used.

So now I even more hopeful. Why oh why I couldn't have had this motivation and determination 5 weeks ago, I don't know. But I have it now. I am in truly in the zone. I had my first "cheat" today. It was 1 bite of a faux meat. Yep... those had to go. Had 1 itty bite. I had to. That is how I was truly successful in the past... taking out all fake meat. Oh how I miss my Tofurky sausages and my Seitan. But I'm making the veggies that I'm consuming pretty yummy to make up for taste. Maybe that is why I'm hopeful. Because I know what a clean Vegan diet I'm eating right now and I've figured out over the past couple of years what works best for me and what my body processes most effectively. If I kept in the fake meats, I wouldn't have a chance in hell of trying to make a show or even a photo shoot happen. BUT THAT'S ME.

I'm avoiding the kitchen right now cuz I don't want to eat my dinner; which is pretty much a protein shake and asparagus since it was a rest day. Gee, can't figure out why I'd be avoiding the kitchen. LOL I do find a way to make dinner more exciting than that sometimes on my uber strict diet. Hasn't been that tough. Probably because I'm seeing some fast results and that propels me forward.

Okay... I'm gonna have a really tough workout tomorrow.

Today is a rest day because I have to get up very very early to train a client. Gotta get to it. Nighty night

I will do ANYTHING to avoid a Keto type diet...

Some people do great on Keto type diets. I am a miserable biyatch on them...

Here here.... I feel ya. I was on edge for my last show and was a douche towards everyone it seems. Im so not taking carbs that low until maybe the last week. Im already shredded so... keep it up.

At this point, I don't think I'd be tempted by the yummy Vegan food surrounding me as this has never been my problem. Moreso packing the things I need to eat such as the protein shakes, veggies, etc. I eat very specific, so there's really no improvising so yeah... more the packing the food and eating it on time. I will play with it more when I feel I've got a few weeks under my belt of eating and training this way, but right now I don't want to jeapordize getting cocky with the program.

Had an awesome leg and bicep workout today.

Smith Mach Squats

4 x 12 @ 50 lbs

Smith Mach Lunges

4 x 12 @ 50 lbs

I was sweating my ass off on these. REEEALLY tried to get completely parallel and even below parallel. After reading a couple fitness articles, I realized I wasn't coming down in squats as far as I was capable and what a difference! I'm not a sweater at all so I'm suprised how much these made me sweat

Straight Leg Deadlifts

Calf RAises

Leg Curls

Preacher Curls

Bicep Curls

4 x Ball Crunches

1 hour Ellyptical

1 hour Recumbant Bike

I am feeling awesome about the work I've put in lately. Feels amazing to wake up and be so in control of my choices. I feel very powerful.

Sofa cushion guy (inside joke as to why I refer to him that way... but that is what I call him) cancelled tonight cuz he said he thinks he's coming down with something. I was actually very relieved cuz I probably would have had a glass of wine. Which wouldn't have been a big deal if I had compensated with a fruit serving, but I just was glad to be able to give it my all once again to training and diet.

Yes, I'm human... I'm far from perfect... and I have difficulty having a date without a glass of wine to relax and unwind. Its really my only vice, so again... was greatful to not have that inner struggle. It's been about 2 weeks of diet and training perfection. Anyways... beyond exhausted. Goin to bed.

Just a thing about squats.. It's really tough to go parallel or below parallel on the Smith Machine I find. In fact, I hate the Smith machine because you're not in a natural squatting position.. And it's rough on the knees.

I got way better results with my leg workouts squatting in the squat rack, or even with a barbell. Ditch the Smith Machine and try it! You'll love it.