steffapeppa: the moves & the meals

steffapeppa: the moves & the meals

moves

Gorgeous weather-feeling better after a 5-day cold.

Glad I was forced to take a hilly, sunny, and not too humid bike ride to our CSA farm to gather up share of veggies and to pick some herbs. Carried them in old army backpack..... About 6 miles.

Going to start back up with week #4 of my training tomorrow with some power yoga...looking forward to it actually! I'll eat more protein too.

{}-{}-{}-{}-{}-{}-{}-{}-{}-{}

meals (sort of)

Organic Fresh Fruit Salad (blueberries, 1/2 apple, 2 dates, golden raisins, 1/2 kiwi, banana, shredded cocoanut)

1 cup All Bran w/ Almond Breeze and a little Agave

Big ol' mug of org. black coffee

Big Raw Salad - mostly org.(mixed spring greens, shredded bok choy, 1/2 carrot, 1/2 celery, sliced beet, almonds, diced onions, 1/4 cuke, handful of peas, a.c. vinegar, flax oil, sea salt).

Med.1/2 of a stuffed zucchini (w/millet, tomato, onion, garlic, olives +)

2 big handfuls of multigrain chips.

Handful walnuts

1 Banana

just grazing at the farm on dill, basil, cilantro as I pick

8 pm

bite of the blueberry cobbler I made the other day (yum)

bite of penne with pesto I made for husband (sigh)

1 glass of red wine (yes)

Handful of wasabi peas

finishing the remains of stuffing for zucchini and 1/2 cup of steamed zucchini

1 Emergen-C packet in 1 cup water

8 cups water (reverse osmosis filter)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

totally picking at the end of the day because husband didn't get in until after 8.15 and was helping him with his own food. Gotta sample! but I know

I have to refrain from eating so late all of the time---a really bad habit! We're talking after 9-10 + o'clock! So I am listing 8 pm as my own personal cut-off time

for an actual meal.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7-15-09

moves

After 6 hrs. of sleep I had to get up and do the "Yoga X" routine w/hub for 1 1/2 hrs. First 1/2 I guess would be a type of power yoga.

I'm not feeling very strong or steady and especially FLEXIBLE but nothing new there. The first 2 will come in time with work, but I really don't see any improvement in my flexibility. We'll see.

I have to think that there is a physiological reason....like that I am short waisted?

[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]

meals

9:15 1/3 of my fruit salad (blueberries, apple, kiwi, date, shredded coconut)--- pre workout

11:15 the rest of said salad

2:00 1 1/2 cup of cereal (a kind of shredded wheat and All Bran mixed),

Almond Breeze (unswtnd), raw agave.

1/2 carrot that looked lonely on the cutting board

2:30 Mug of black coffee (2 cups)

small square of corn bread

5:00 banana

6:00 Emergen-C in water

6:45 1 whole stuffed zucchini (with tomatoes, millet, olives, onion, garlic +) the

last of it

7:45 HUGE (mostly) Org. Salad (arugula, carrot, celery, cuke, radish, shredded

cabbage, petite peas, 6 almonds, sunflower seeds,

agave mustard dressing(which is awesome!)

2 slices Tofurki Deli Peppered on 1 slice of Alvarado sprouted bread-toasted

w/a a little Vegenaise and onion.

1/4 cup beet/barley/black soybean soup-(to test!)

1/2 glass red wine

chamomile tea

6 cups water

_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+

feeling inspired to do better just lurking about around here-seeing what others do with food.

It's a little difficult because my husband is trying bulk up more and I am trying to eat less....want to drop another good 12 lbs. The good thing is that we

eat mostly the same things.

Edited by steffapeppa40

Hey lobsterific-really? I feel ya.

My legs are alright and shoulders to a point, but my back? Nope. Can just about get to my toes even when totally warmed up...

Oh well, I guess there are worse things in the world for me to worry about! Just getting frustrated when I give it my all and it's not good enough.

Just have to keep at it!

7-16-09

moves

Well I was picking blueberries in a field today for maybe 1 1/2 hours....in the hot

humid sun, squatting a bunch...but that's not what I had in mind!

Didn't do the workout we planned to do tonight and I am bummed-have to do it tomorrow morning before work..."Core Synergistics". Looks really really tough.

Just going to get myself together and take a brisk walk in the post-thunderstorm air for 30 minutes.

Can I just say my scale and my floors suck? The needle on the scale is white and I can see the cast shadow of the needle better than the needle itself-very poor

design! And all of my floors seem to be bumpy/have a slight incline so I am different weights whichever way I turn. I'll take the north east direction I guess!

meals

11.30 1 banana, 1 peach

12.00 cup of Shredded Wheat-fuls and some All Bran/Almond Breeze-unswtnd,

lil raw sugar

2:00 about 3/4 cup of nuts, seeds, raisins, and seseme sticks

4:00 grazing on org. blueberries here and there as I picked them at a farm

6:30 peach

7:30 Bowl of Beet/Barley/Black Soybean soup!!!! (Vegan w/a Vengeance)

rice crackers w/seaweed

steamed greens (beet, mustard, radish)

glass of wine

11:30 couple handfuls of wasabi peas

8 cups of water

7-17-09

moves

Got home at 9.30 pm and was able to do the 1 hr. "Core Synergystics" workout w/hub. As expected-a lot of different core exercises!!! All types of different lunges and funky pushups with which I struggled. Running Plank brought me back to elementary school when they called those "Mountain Climbers". There was more of a focus on concentration, form and reps and less on weight. I will repeat this new workout in 3 days.

I knew I had to eat something after my workout so I kept it to a cup. I knew I shouldn't have that cookie today but oh, my mom buys me treats when I see her...at least they weren't oreos!

[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]

meals

8:30 Org. Fruit Salad (peach, banana, blueberries, apple, date, shredded coconut)

9:30 Cup of Shredded Wheatfuls + some All Bran, Almond Breeze (unswtnd),

raw agave

12:00 a cucumber, carrot, celery, radish (didn't have time to cut 'em up)

1:30 my own trail mix ('bout 3/4 cup)

3:30 1/2 Chocolate Chip Walnut cookie(fruit juice sweetened), 1/2 Shazam hemp seed cookie

4:30 Green Tea, a few Naked chips

7:15 apple

8:00supposed cut-off time

9:30 1/2 c.c.w. cookie, 1 date

11:30 1 cup Beet Barley Black Soybean Soup, 4 rice crackers

1 glass red wine

around 6 cups water

7-17-09

moves

Kenpo X workout! It's really hot in my studio- just a fan, so it's tons of sweet sweat whilst punching, kicking, and blocking. I really like this one-hour workout----makes me wish I had taken some kind of martial arts class when I was younger so maybe I will in the future.

I was lame on the veggies again. I'll pick up some more tomorrow because I really love to have

at least one decent vegetable salad a day.

[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]

meals

10:45 Org. Fruit Salad (bunch o'blueberries, date, 1/2 apple, 1 peach, 1/3 mango, 1/2 kiwi)

12:00 1 1/2 cup Shredded Wheatful/All Bran, Almond Breeze(unswtnd), raw agave

1:00 1 cup coffee, Americano

3:15 Tofu (eggless) salad on 1 piece toasted sprouted barley bread w/ tomato

5:00 1/2 banana pineapple muffin

5:30 1 carrot

6:30 6 almonds

8:00 Emergen-C in water

workout

9:15 mac & cheeze "take 2" (Vegan Yum Yum recipe w/w.w.elbows) about 1 1/2 cup, celery

9:45 1 cup shake (blueberries, banana, soy protein, raw agave, Rice Dream vanilla)

1 glass red wine

8 glasses water

7-18-09

moves

5 hrs sleep!  Ugh.  Not good I know.   Went to work with M and walked around mall ALL day.  That's tiresome in it's own way, really. I should get another pedometer...

I thought I had another yoga x in my sched. but it turned out to be Stretch X-which is like a walk in the park in comparison. It was good.

I am really looking forward to this "recovery week" to be over because I miss lifting more (who woulda thunk?) SO I just did a few things on my own after my hour of stretching:

In & Our Biceps Curls

R10 W15

R12 W15

Alt Shoulder Press

R12 W15

R15 W15

2 Arm Triceps Kickbacks

R10 W10

R15 W10

[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]

meals

7:30 banana, sm. peach, lg pear

10:30 lg coffee

1:15 tofu salad on sprouted barley bread, my trail mix

4:45 1/2 Cliff Bar

6:15 1/2 Cliff Bar

7:30 cup of Mac and Cheeze, 1/4 cup Beet soup, bunch of org. blue corn chips with pepper salsa

9:45 orange

8 glasses water

no wine today! Just one sip of M's beer.

7-20-09

moves

"Core Synergystics" workout. Some exercises are for a certain duration, some are to-fail.

I left my results scribbles out in the studio and there is a nutty skunk running around outside so I'll just jot down what I remember in here, thank you very much!

Exercises this includes:

Stack Foot Stagger Hands Push-ups (I did 20 w/ 1 knee on ground)

Banana Rolls (sounds delicious....but it's not so much)

Leaning Crescent Lunges- (I did 30 w/out weights-10lbs is my lowest & ut us )

Squat Run

Sphinx Push-Ups (I didn't think I could do these at all but I surprised myself)

Bow to Boat

Low Lateral Skaters

Lunge and Reach

Prison-Cell Pushups (wow)

Side Hip Raise

Squat X Press- (W10 R30)

Mountain Climbers

Walking Pushups (tougher than they look)

Superman Banana

Lunge, Kickback, Curl Press (W10 R20)

Towel Hopping (I was like a little jumping bean)

Reach High, Reach Under Push Ups

Steam Engine

The Dreya Roll

The Halfback

Table Dip Leg Raise

Tomorrow marks the end of the first month of this workout program. It's a shame that M and I got sick-then passed it on to me, and so it messed up our schedule for a bit.

I'm a little anxious to take pics tomorrow-I wish I lost a little more weight, but I'm feeling satisfied with my progress.

meals

10:00 Fruit Salad- (1/2 orange, blueberries, 1/2 apple, 1/2 pear, date, shredded coconut)

11:30 1 cup black coffee

12:15 cup of 7 grain cereal, Almond Breeze(unswtnd) raw agave

1:30 handful of blueberries, walnuts

2:00 1/2 banana pineapple muffin, Roasteroma tea

2:30 Nice Large organic salad (green lettuce, 1 1/2 carrot, radish, red cabbage, beet, onion, mushroom, 1 T raw sunflower seed, agave mustard dressing), handful of blue chips, handful of wasabi peas

4:00 1 banana

6:15 a date, Emergen-C packet w/ water

6:30 workout

8:30 smallish serving (small compared to the me of a month ago!)of the last of my Mac & Cheeze, smallish salad (green lettuce, cucumbers, shredded cabbage, mushroom, lemon juice, sea salt), 1/4 cup baked beans, some steamed collard greens

around 8 cups of water

I'm hoping that this journal will get me back into doing yoga

I do enjoy it but for some reason I just can't stay on track with it.

good work!!!

I have a bit of the weakness for wine too

I'm hoping that this journal will get me back into doing yoga

I do enjoy it but for some reason I just can't stay on track with it.

good work!!!

I have a bit of the weakness for wine too

I am such a newbie at yoga---the program I am doing is for all-over fitness and they just totally thrust you into it and you have

to sink or swim. Well I think I'm just starting to get a handle on some of this one dvd routine. It's cool that just me talking about

it gets you thinking about getting back into it!

It's all good-the inspiration potential of this site!

Damn, why'd you have to go and mention the "w" word...

7-21-09

moves

Yoga X---pretty psyched that I felt a lot stronger today:a breakthrough of sorts---it was mainly that I could do the repeated vinyasa to chaturanga move that I could never seem

to do before without bottoming out, cursing, etc... This time I did it-over and over. Though there are many moves I still can't do, this really helped my

overall attitude about my performance.

Weighed myself this morning. I seemed to have lost 8lbs since starting the program-that feels pretty good!

meals

10:30 Fruit Salad - (blueberries, 1/2 kiwi, 1/2 apple, 1/2 orange, 1/2 pear, 1 banana, shredded coconut)

1:00 2 Blueberry Buckwheat Pancakes (no white flour, only buckwheat flour), maple syrup cut w/agave (maple syrup has gotten REALLY

expensive), 1 cup orange juice, 2 soy sausages, 2 cups black coffee...boy did I want a third pancake!!!!

4:30 handful walnuts

5:45 1/2 Clif Bar, lg. kiwi

6:15 workout

9:15 1 cup of w.w. shell pasta, tomato sauce w/ fresh basil & garlic, 3 Nate's unmeatballs, steamed chard, big salad (arugula, green lettuce, cabbage, carrot,

mushroom, beet, green onions, cucumber, agave mustard dressing)

11:45 1 cup left-over water from steaming the chard

12:30 1 cup chamomile tea

about 6 cups water

lol I hear you!!

white or red?

unfortunately I can only drink white. Red causes my throat to get all scratchy. Feels like I'm going to swell up in the esophagus.

But that means I get to try more and more whites!!

I'm into Torrentes from Argentina right now (although a really nice chardonnay always hits the spot)

(oops.... I can ramble when I start talking about wine)

7-22-09

moves

Oh yes, back into the thick of it with a Chest, Shoulders and Triceps routine. A new one for me. I know I REALLY have to invest in some 5's and 8 lb weights.

Just don't have the spare scratch lately.

There were 5 different moves I had to do with no weights because 10's were just impossible.

Here's the rundown:

Slow-Motion 3-in-1 push-ups R12 w/knees

In & Out Shoulder Flys R16 W0

Chair Dips R8

Plange Push-Ups R10 w/k

Pike Presses R5 - (crazy stuff)

Side Tri-Rises 10 each side

Floor Flys R10

Scarecrows R15 W0

Overhead Tricep Extensions R10 W10

Two-Twich Speed Push-Ups 12 w/k

Y-Presses R12 W10

Lying Tricep Extensions R8 W10

Side-to-Side Push-ups R14 w/k

Pour Flys R15 W0

Side-Leaning Tricep Extensions R8 ea W10

One-Arm Push-ups R6 w/k

Weighted Circles R40 W0

Throw the Bomb (tri's) R10 ea W10

Clap Push-Ups R10 w/k

Slo-Mo Throws R15 W0

Front-to-Back Tricep Extensions R8 ea W10

One-Arm Balance Push-ups R10 w/k

Fly-Row Presses R8 W10

Dumbbell Cross-Body Blows R15 ea W10

I'm typing this 13 hours later and the soreness is-a-happening. Oh ya!

Damn-I typed it all nice and even in a column and it didn't come out that way-oh well

[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]

meals

not quite as good today as I'm at mom's house w/tempting stuff-went shopping so tomorrow will be a little better.

8:30 Blueberries & a banana

9:00 workout

10:45 Shake w/soy protein, enriched Rice Dream, blueberries, bananas

2 cups 7 grain cereal, Almond Breeze (unswtnd)

12:30 handful taro chips

1:30 Amy's bean burrito

3:00 2 cups black coffee

8:00 Large organic salad (green lettuce, arugula, cabbage, carrots, cucumber beets, peas, green onions, sesame shitake dressing)

9:00 handful of red. fat wheat thins, 3 w/ peanut butter

handful of org. toasted O cereal

Congrats on the weight loss. Your diet is looking really good too, pretty clean.

Thanks!

wow-do you think? Well, just trying to work on it this past month.

Not easy 'cause I honestly just love to eat-and I like all kinds of food.

I get grumpy when I have to reduce. Grrr.

lol I hear you!!

white or red?

unfortunately I can only drink white. Red causes my throat to get all scratchy. Feels like I'm going to swell up in the esophagus.

I'm into Torrentes from Argentina right now (although a really nice chardonnay always hits the spot)

I love red red wine. But if I had what you have, I'd be happy with white! I think the red has more of a health benefit, so

it's the drink I feel the least guilty about.

Do you think you could have a sulfite allergy? (tho unless organic, sulfites could be used in white and red).

Congrats on the weight loss. Your diet is looking really good too, pretty clean.

Thanks!

I do. I think you may benefit from adding some flax oil, flax seeds, or chia seeds for omega 3's. Your walnuts/greens have some though. Also, a bit more protein may help, but yours doesn't look that low. You've got a pretty good variety of food groups as well.

Also, I seriously thought you were in your mid-late twenties from your pic, so you're doing well all around it seems.

lol I hear you!!

white or red?

I love red red wine. But if I had what you have, I'd be happy with white! I think the red has more of a health benefit, so

it's the drink I feel the least guilty about.

Do you think you could have a sulfite allergy? (tho unless organic, sulfites could be used in white and red).

I'm not too sure.... I get the symptoms even if I drink grape juice which is really too bad health benefit wise

I'm always jealous when I see a nice bottle of red opened but I am starting to get to know my whites quite well

It's pretty addicting.... I actually go at lunch to browse the wine stores and I keep a spreadsheet of all the wines I've tried

(pretty geeky huh???)

Thanks!

I do. I think you may benefit from adding some flax oil, flax seeds, or chia seeds for omega 3's. Your walnuts/greens have some though. Also, a bit more protein may help, but yours doesn't look that low. You've got a pretty good variety of food groups as well.

Also, I seriously thought you were in your mid-late twenties from your pic, so you're doing well all around it seems.

Thank you for the suggestions, Zack! I like variety and I try to mix it up.

I have never chia seeds, that's true. One thing I do is when I make the salad dressing, like Agave Mustard, (which is a spin on "honey mustard" ) I use flax oil instead of olive oil....or in other dressings I may use it half-and-half with olive. I have flax seeds too, but not a proper way to grind them thoroughly right now-another thing on my want-list. I have a mortar/pestle that I use, so it does break a bit of them up and I throw them on salads sometimes....

how r u liking p90x?

I'm really digging it, MaryStella. I mean, it was kinda like tossing me into a cold pool...a cold

pool with really intense exercises and a muscular Michael Scott)-like instructor (The Office reference). Nothing much in the way of easing my way into it, y'know...just

some modifications. But I'm getting used to it. Doing it with my husband is a cool thing too-because we are both in a similar

mind-frame. I just want to progress..and I can see it happening already, which is heartening and helping my attitude all around.

I'm just wondering, hmmm, when I make it through the next 2 months, what then?

moves

I'm counting 1/2 hr. of free-form dancing as medium cardio. Yes sir.

Then I did what I completely forgot to do yesterday-Ab Ripper X. Today was

supposed to be my day-o-rest! At least it's over pretty quickly.

In & Outs-25

Bicycles-25 each direction

Crunchy Frog-25

Cross-Leg/Wide Leg Sit-ups-25

Fifer Scissors-25

Hip Rock and Raises-25

Pulse Ups-25

V-up/roll-up-25

Oblique V-ups-25 each side

Leg Climbs-12 each side

Mason Twists-40

[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]

meals

10:15 1 banana, 1 orange

11:30 Org. toasted oats, enriched Rice Dream

12:45 12 oz. black coffee

2:15 1 cup black bean soup, 1 slice toasted sprouted barley bread-dry

4:45 handful fat reduced Wheat Thins

7:00 Gigantic organic salad (spring greens, 2 kinds parlsey, tomato,

cucumber, bean sprouts, green pepper, celery, Shitake Sesame dressing)

1 sweet potato,lightly sauteed beet greens w/ cannellini beans &

garlic.

11:00 workout

12:30 am- small glass white wine a few crackers- ;^D

Being away from home is a little bit of a challenge, but if you can have your own food handy and a place to prepare, it's not

all that bad.

I'm not too sure.... I get the symptoms even if I drink grape juice which is really too bad health benefit wise

I'm always jealous when I see a nice bottle of red opened but I am starting to get to know my whites quite well

It's pretty addicting.... I actually go at lunch to browse the wine stores and I keep a spreadsheet of all the wines I've tried

(pretty geeky huh???)

wow-that's a shame(re:red grapes). I love them.

and your not thaaaat geeky....

(pretty geeky huh???)

wow-that's a shame(re:red grapes). I love them.

and your not thaaaat geeky....

did I mention that I think MIT is the holy grail of all education institutes???

I'm actually going to visit there next month

I'm just a wannabe though..... I love math and statistics but I really have to work at it.

still think I'm not thaaaat geeky?