- 50 kg / 110 lbs * 15

- 60 kg / 132 lbs * 12

- 70 kg / 154 lbs * 10 (2 sets)

Biceps, Hammer curl

- 8 kg / 17 lbs * 10 (2 sets)

- 10 kg / 22 lbs * 6 (2 sets)

Standing tricep extencion with dumbell

- 7 kg / 15 lbs * 8 (4 sets)

Leg raises + "hip raises" + twisting crunches with legs doing this cycling-like-motion

Day 2:

Running 1 km / stepper for 5-10 minutes

Chest fly

- 6 kg / 13 lbs * 10

- 8 kg / 17 lbs * 8 (3 sets)

Seated calf raise

- 40 kg / 88 lbs * 12 (4 sets)

Hip abduction

- 45 kg / 100 lbs * 15

- 50 kg / 110 lbs * 10

- 55 kg / 121 lbs * 8 (2 sets)

Hip adduction

- 50 kg / 110 lbs * 15

- 60 kg / 132 lbs * 15

- 65 kg / 143 lbs * 15

- 70 kg / 154 lbs * 15

Inclined bench press on Smith machine

- 22 kg / 48 lbs * 10

- 24,5 kg / 54 lbs * 10

- 27 kg / 59 lbs * 7 (3 sets)

Leg raises + "hip raises" + twisting crunches

Day 3:

Running 1 km / stepper for 5-10 minutes

Barbell bent-over row

- 47 kg / 103 lbs * 10 (4 sets)

Pulldown on cable machine with "pro style" lat bar (with the shovel-like thingies at the ends)

- 40 kg / 88 lbs * 10 (4 sets)

Dumbell bench press

- 13,5 kg / 30 lbs * 10 (4 sets)

Row on cable machine

- 30 kg / 66 lbs * 10

- 35 kg / 77 lbs * 8 (4 sets)

Narrow grip pull-ups on cable machine

Torso rotation machine

"Side crunches" on cable machine

- 45 kg / 100 lbs * 10

- 55 kg / 121 lbs * 10 (3 sets)

- I can't really do any lower back exercises, i've got some spinal problems that i have to cope with first.

- Going to try some different squats, lunges and deadlifts, as xjohanx suggested, instead of the abduction and adduction.

- I'm going to concentrate more on my bum and tighs in the future, as i think that my arms don't really need that much more muscle at the moment (at least compared to my legs).

- I'm considering to include something for my shoulders, but don't want bigger trapeziuses (how's that going to work...?)

- I usually ride my bike to the gym and back (and everywhere else)

Eating:

- Breakfast: usually "omelets" made of chickpea flour + tofu and maybe some fresh vegetables. Coffee with oat milk.

- Lunch and dinner: usually either wok or "puree" soup, always with as much protein as i can fit in. We choose the "carb-suff" by two terms: whole grain and protein. so usually things like whole grain (protein) pasta, bulgur, quinoa, barley... most of the meals consist of vegetables, then protein, then carbs.

- Afternoon snack: A banana and/or some soyogurt

- Supper: soy/oat yogurt with fruit/berries, soy bean crush, fibre (linen seed crush at the time), oat/spelt/... flakes, sometimes raisins and/or cocos for the taste =9 Sometimes we also drink tea (usually green / white / herbal)

- i eat about one kilo / 2.2 lbs of tofu a week + other soy products, beans and lentils

- i'm thinking about including some protein shakes into my diet

- i'm pedantic about getting my fats (seeds, oils, nuts...)

- I don't eat that much raw vegetables, as they're expensive in Finland, even in the summers, and i'm usually allergic to about everything that isn't cooked

- LOTS of coffee, we've even got like seven coffee-making-devices junkies...

- no white sugar, no white grain

They are bestestness! Found the recipe in the Finnish vegan organisation vegaaniliittos "how to live without eggs" -leaflet <3 The recipe is simple: mix gram-flour and water in a 1:1 proportion, add spices, fry on a hot frying pan. I guess you could even exchange some or all of the water for soy/oat/rice milk. If you add a bit more water, you get a thinner mixture -> thinner and crispier omelets.

Squats: - 70 kg / 154 lbs * 10

Biceps on Preacher bench - 25,5 kg / 56 lbs * 8 (3 sets)

Triceps pushdown on cable machine - 40 kg / 88 lbs * 10 (4 sets)

Seated leg curl in machine - 70 kg / 154 lbs * 10 (2 sets)

Seated calf raise - 40 kg / 88 lbs * 12 (4 sets)

Barbell bent-over row - 47 kg / 103 lbs * 10 (4 sets)

Dumbell bench press - 13,5 kg / 30 lbs * 10 (4 sets)

Wow. It's all impressive, but especially the ones above. I never see women at the gym doing anywhere near that much on legs, especially squats. And I don't think I've even seen any approach the preacher bench, let alone use it.

Haha, thanks for all the super-positive comments, I actually got all red in the face when i was reading those

lobsteriffic: You could mix the tofu in, but in really small pieces, as turning the omelet becomes impossible if there is big pieces of anything in it. I usually just add the tofu after frying it. One option is to slice the tofu to thin slices, and add them on the omelet when the top-side is still raw.

blabbate: The preacher bench is actually one of my favorites, because it allows me to concentrate on the biceps as i don't need to use energy on keeping my whole body still. As for my squats, i think the daily biking helps my development. =)

CollegeB: I once read an article about people who keep drumming / shaking their feet / moving around consuming more calories, soooo... as i drink too much coffee i get all shaky and thus consume more calories! I'm such a wise science woman! (No, no, don't say there's more calories in the oat milk that i put in my coffee, don't brake my illusion)

I'm so dissapointed. I havn't been able to train since last wednesday. About two weeks ago i prolonged some muscle in my upper back while doing pull-ups and couldn't turn my head for two days. Last week, on monday, i did bent-over row, and on wednesday my muscles were really sore, but nothing unusual with that. The only problem was that i strained my back muscles because of the pain, so the inflammation in my back muscles from the last week started again. Since thursday i've been really sore in the back, i've eaten painkillers about three times a day, used painkiller gel, ice gel and even muscle relaxants. Now the inflammation is finally starting to cool off, but my left shoulder and the muscles under and next to the shoulder blade are really sore

I'm hoping to get to the gym today with the help of some painkillers. I'm trying to do as little with my back as possible, so it's good that next in my schedule will be the "Day 2"-workout. I think i can live with the chast flys and bench presses, as they don't strain my back per se (hope i'm right).

If it's not raining, i'll be trying out some bikes too. My bike got stolen in spring (actually cbob3000s bike got stolen too, on the same week!), so i need to buy a new (and better <3) one. I want a pink bike with front suspension and disc brakes <3

I made some terrific foods in the weekend!

On saturday i had a barbeque with my parents. I ate like 400 grams of tofu marinated with soy sauce, kechup, lemon juice, maple syrup and mango-curry-spice-mix. We also had zucchinis sliced in half with orange-pepper-spice-mix on top, eggplant, whole spring-onions and spring-carrots and some long sweet red peppers with a couple of pinches of chilli and dark chocholate inside. And also champignons, filled with the base of the muschroom mixed with sundried tomato and tofutti garlic & herbs cream "cheese", bbq-spice-mix sprinkled on top.

Yesterday i made some "gourmet" vegan food for my mom: I fried some zucchini slices and tempeh slices on the parilla and made a criss-cross "gourmet pile" With it I served some spring-onion and oat cream case and spelt rice with funnel chantarelle. And some fresh basil on top!

Hey, i tought that you might appreciate my bodybuiders pizza recipe, so here it is!

The VBB-pizza

Dough:

- 2/3 whole grain flour

- 1/3 rye/spelt flour or similar

- yeast

- a couple of pinches of baking powder

- hemp seeds

- sunflower seeds

- sesame seeds

- lots of hemp/flax oil and/or olive oil

- soy sauce

- herbs

- water

Knead the dough for 10-15 minutes. You can either do a slightly loose dough or a "normal" dough. Just add water and/or flour until the dough feels good. When properly kneaded, the dough should feel kind of stringy or resilient. Leave the dough in a bowl under a towel or such in a warm place for about 30 minutes, then roll it out to wath thicknes best suites you, i prefer about 2-3mm, and leave it for another 10 minutes under a towel. Do not put on the fillings yet! Instead put only the dough into the owen and bake it in 200'C until it's almost done, a little bit brown on the edges maybe.

The tomato sauce:

- Either make your own tomato puree or use a ready one

- balsamico (or other vinegar)

- soy sauce

- herbs

- black pepper

- sugar

- (onion, garlic, chilli...)

You can eiher mix the ingerdients cold or warm them on a frying pan. The tomato sauce is the second most important part in a pizza, after the dough!

Toppings (choose to your liking, i usually have two different protein sources):

- Marinated tofu or tempeh dices (soy sauce+ lemon juice/vinegar + spices + ketchup/mustard/mayo...)

- Textured soy grain (mixed in water with vegetable stock and spices)

- Cooked sweet potato

- Pineapple

- soy sausage slices

- zucchini slices

- eggplant

- tomato

- sweet peppers

- olives

- sundried tomato

- artichoke

- asparagus

- nuts

- seitan

- onion

- garlic

Spread out first the tomato sauce and then the toppings on the baked pizza bread. Put into the owen for about 10 minutes, or as long as you want to or the bread doesn't burn. If you want to add some cheese substitute, do it about 2-3 minutes before the pizza is ready.

So, i went training today after work in spite of my back-problems. Guess what! It actually feels better! I think it was good to get the blood flowing, it maybe carried some of the metabolic waste and other stuff out from the muscles, thus making them feel better. I hope the effect will be permanent so i don't need to hurt all the time anymore

I started out with the "Day 2" workout, but made some changes:

Running 1.3 km

Chest fly

- 6 kg / 13 lbs * 10

- 8 kg / 17 lbs * 8 (3 sets) -> 8 kg / 17 lbs * 9 (3 sets)

Seated calf raise

- 40 kg / 88 lbs * 12 (4 sets) -> 50 kg / 110 lbs * 12 (4 sets)

Hip abduction

- 45 kg / 100 lbs * 15

- 50 kg / 110 lbs * 10 -> 3 sets of these

- 55 kg / 121 lbs * 8 (2 sets) -> none of these

Instead of the Hip adduction i did Lunges with dumbells in both hands

- 13,5 kg or total 27 kg / 29 lbs or 59 lbs * 10 (4 sets)

Inclined bench press on Smith machine

- 22 kg / 48 lbs * 10

- 24,5 kg / 54 lbs * 10

- 27 kg / 59 lbs * 7 (3 sets)

Leg raises + "hip raises" + twisting crunches -> hip raises + tried out the Ab roller -wheel-thingie again

This time i even stretched properly, for about 20 minutes!

I tried to find the "hip raise" crunch somewhere on the internet to get a proper name for it, but the only thing that it resembled was the "dragon flag"-crunch. It is different because i don't start with my whole body straight, but have my knees bent and then slowly extend them straight up and lift my torso so only my shoulder blades and head remain on the bench. Does this have a name, or is it just a lame-ass version of the dragon flag?

Do you think i should replace the hip abduction with some deadlifts or romanian deadlifts, or would they suite some other day better? Do you have any advice on how to best protect my back from injuries, as I already have some problems with the lower part of my spine?

Do you think i should replace the hip abduction with some deadlifts or romanian deadlifts, or would they suite some other day better? Do you have any advice on how to best protect my back from injuries, as I already have some problems with the lower part of my spine?

If you want to replace the hip abduction with something that hits the same muscles, no. (Deadlifts will actually hit your adductors a bit, but I don't believe your abductors.) If you just want a better compound exercise, yes. I firmly believe that, with exceptions for injury, everyone should be doing deadlifts, even if only a few times a month. You'll want to make them the main compound exercise on whatever day you do them, though.

I always think of RDLs as a secondary compound for when I really want to hit my hamstrings and glutes.

As for your back, the best way long-term to prevent injury is to strengthen it. Deadlifts and RDLs will do this, as will Good Mornings and a variety of Hyperextensions. Always do these exercises with proper form. It's tempting to overload the weight and sacrifice form, which is where you see injuries. Work your way up slowly, keep your core tight and strong, and never round your back. If you have worries, you can always record yourself lifting and post the video here for tips.

If you want to replace the hip abduction with something that hits the same muscles, no. (Deadlifts will actually hit your adductors a bit, but I don't believe your abductors.) If you just want a better compound exercise, yes.

I'm just trying to concentrate on getting a bigger bum now. I've done abductions ( ) for months now and i'm not even sure if they do anything that i want or even if they've done anything at all. The movement is and has always been somewhat difficult to do and always feels kind of wrong. Now i've also heard lots of negative opinions about abductions and adductions, so i tought that maybe i should just replace them with lunges and DLs, as i can't really add anything to my programme without removing something first (even now i struggle with the last sets of the day). If it looks like i need the abductions after all i can always take them back to my routine.

I guess i just have to be extra careful with my back and make sure i don't get carried away but just stick with lighter weights. I did some back extensions when i started out with this gym-thing, but haven't done them in months because i always ended up with a hurting spinal disc. I didn't "over-extend" my back, but i guess i could have used too much weight (10 kg or 22 lbs). And i know i really should see a doctor about this. And thank "god" (read: mum) i at least have good back-muscle-genes

The lunges i did yesterday were incredibly efficient! My ass is hurting like hell I tought this was just a "i want to have long and lean beautiful gaselle-like feminine small muscles" -bullshit workout, but i have to say i tought wrong. The reasons to why i haven't seen any real bodybuilders do this, are probably that a) this usally is done in the "gym hall", not in the weight lifting section, and b) i usually just ever see male bodybuilders, and they're not that keen on a big bum, i think. Now i've been enlightened! I think i have to start walking by doing lunges

Also my pecs are hurting, so all in all i have to say i had a great workout yesterday. And my back is still much better!

My hamstrings are SO SORE right now. I tried romanian deadlifts on Friday and they really did work

My weight has dropped to 64,5 kg / 142 lbs, now i have to be careful for it not to drop anymore since my ultimate weight goal was 65 kg / 143 lbs. My next goal is body fat percentage 22, without my weight dropping, thank you.

The rest of this weeks training (the changes are bold):

Thursday:

Barbell bent-over row

Pulldown on cable machine with "pro style" lat bar (with the shovel-like thingies at the ends)

Dumbell bench press

Row on cable machine

- 30 kg / 66 lbs * 10

- 35 kg / 77 lbs * 8 (4 sets)

"Hip raises"

- max * 5

- 45 kg / 100 lbs * 10

- 55 kg / 121 lbs * 10 (3 sets)

+ Benched a max of 42,5 kg / 94 lbs (I can do better, and will!)

Friday:

Squats:

- 45 kg / 100 lbs * 10

- 65 kg / 143 lbs * 10

- 70 kg / 154 lbs * 8 (3 sets)

Biceps on Preacher bench

- 18 kg / 39 lbs * 10

- 25,5 kg / 56 lbs * 8 (3 sets)

Triceps pushdown on cable machine

Romanian Deadlift

- 20 kg / 44 lbs * 10

- 30 kg / 66 lbs * 10

- 40 kg / 88 lbs * 10 (3 sets)

Biceps, Hammer curl

- 8 kg / 17 lbs * 10 (2 sets)

- 10 kg / 22 lbs * 6 (2 sets)

"hip raises" + kinda-sorta-"Dragon flags"

Sunday:

Chest fly

- 6 kg / 13 lbs * 15

- 8 kg / 17 lbs * 10 (3 sets)

Seated calf raise

- 55 kg / 88 lbs * 12 (4 sets)

Hip abduction

- 45 kg / 100 lbs * 15

- 50 kg / 110 lbs * 10 (3 sets)

Lunges with dumbells

- 13,5 kg or 27 kg / 29 lbs or 59 lbs * 10 (3 sets)

Declined bench press

- Dumbells: 6 kg / 13 lbs * 15

- on Smith machine:

- 22 kg / 49 lbs (the bar) * 12

- 27 kg / 60 lbs (the bar + 5kg) * 8 (2 sets)

"hip raises"

- max * 5

Yesterdays workout (i hope i remember correctly, i forgot to take my palm-computer-thingie with me):

Barbell bent-over row

Dumbell bench press

Row on cable machine

- 35 kg / 77 lbs * 10 (3 sets)

- 40 kg / 88 lbs * 8

- 55 kg / 121 lbs * 10 (4 sets)

Worked with my bench: dumbells as low i could get them and then lifted up half-way (i noticed weakness in those muscles when i was trying out my max bench last time)

- 10 kg / 22 lbs * 10 (4 sets)

Upright row on cable machine

- 15 kg / 33 lbs * 15

- 20 kg / 44 lbs * 10

- 25 kg / 55 lbs * 10 (3 sets)

"Hip raises"

- max * 5

+ Tried to bench a max of 45 kg / 99 lbs but couldn't: i apparently have no muscles to use if i lower the bar to the chest So i'm working on that now.

Last time i did this workout, i noticed that it wasn't as hard as the other days, especially because my back muscles couldn't deal with pull-ups yet (not even on the cable machine). So i added the extra pec-workout and the shoulder workout.

Today we're going to go bicycling, yay! I hope for woods and varying terrain so i can really try my new bike out!

Thanks for the compliments

Wednesday:

Bicycled for about 1,5 hours, varying terrain.

Thursday:

Bicycled (hard) to my friends place, 30 minutes.

Collected blueberries in the woods for 7 hours (nom <3), walked a total of maybe 7-8 km.

Bicycled home, 30 mins.

Friday:

Biceps on Preacher bench (tried with smaller weights this time)

- 18 kg / 39 lbs * 10

- 20,5 kg / 45 lbs * 12

- 23 kg / 51 lbs * 3 (3 sets)

Triceps pushdown on cable machine

- 30 kg / 66 lbs * 15

- 45 kg / 99 lbs * 10 (3 sets)

Squats:

- 45 kg / 100 lbs * 10

- 70 kg / 154 lbs * 10 (2 sets)

- 75 kg / 165 lbs * 10 (2 sets)

Biceps, Hammer curl (only 8 kg dumbells this time)

- 8 kg / 17 lbs * 10 (4 sets)

Romanian Deadlift

- 20 kg / 44 lbs * 15

- 40 kg / 88 lbs * 10

- 45 kg / 99 lbs * 10 (3 sets)

"hip raises"

- max * 5

+ Tried my max squat, got to 110 kg / 243 lbs until my back started to hurt a bit and i decided to stop for this time

We went to my parents cottage for the weekend, so no real work-outs. Gathered blueberries and tried to search for mushrooms in the forest, but only found some chentarelles in the yard of the cottage We also tried to do some tandem-kayaking, but the weather was really windy and lots of motor-boats out there making waves, so we went back to the shore after maybe half an hour. We ate lots of good food (bbq <3), strawberries and some delicious chocolate-cherry vegan cake my mum had made us.

We went biking again for about two hours when we bot back home on Sunday. It was really fun, because for about one hour we were biking in the woods in somewhat difficult terrain. I almost fell down many times, was afraid all the time and had big adrenaline rushes, but it was really fun! I can't wait to go again!

Today was Monday and gym-day:

Chest fly

- 6 kg / 13 lbs * 15

- 8 kg / 17 lbs * 10 (4 sets)

Seated calf raise

- 55 kg / 88 lbs * 12 (4 sets)

Hip abduction

- 45 kg / 100 lbs * 15

- 50 kg / 110 lbs * 10 (4 sets)

Lunges with dumbells

- 13,5 kg or 27 kg / 29 lbs or 59 lbs * 10 (4 sets)

Declined bench press

- Dumbells: 8 kg / 13 lbs * 15

- on Smith machine:

- 2t kg / 60 lbs (the bar + 5kg) * 8

- 27 kg / 60 lbs * 9 (2 sets)

- 27 kg / 60 lbs * 6

Declined (maybe 30 degrees from the floor) sit-ups

- max (4 sets)

"hip raises"

- max (2 sets)